Issue with custom theme bgm suddenly not working

pinkupi13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I've been wandering around reading all tutorials I can find to make a bgm.bcstm file custom that loops that was stitched together from two wav files because i have a very specific fixation on this particular version of a song just to try and get it to work and I almost succeeded but then I didn't and I have no idea why.

So the file is under 3.3mb (it's actually 2.41), 22050hz sample rate and the song is about 3 minutes looping twice. At first, the song played, this was when the sample rate was 32000 but it wouldn't loop properly. Several attempts of fixing the loop later (it wasn't clicking or popping, it just looped at an incorrect time) and none worked. It was late at night, so I went to sleep. Converting the file with 32000hz exceeded the 3.3mb file limit.
Then I made a new wav file, same file but I figured if I started at 22050hz then the file would be smaller and then easier to convert. Upgraded my audacity because it was out of date, exported 22050hz wave file, and the dozens of bcstm files I created after the fact would play properly in foobar, yata+ and usagi editor but not the 3DS. The file in all these cases hovered around 2.39mb. Apparently at one point my wav file had no samples? But when it did it wouldn't play anything. Said wav file with no samples played perfectly in foobar as well. I even tossed the wav through looping audio converter and it would still remain silent. I even got that bcstm player on the 3DS and put them through that. I mean, it played even though I couldn't hear anything (I tested other, working bcstms and they also played fine even with no audio so I had to assume that it worked, by playing fine I mean the bar loaded and everything)
So I took the old bcstm from the 32000hz attempts and put it through looping audio converter changing the sample rate to 22050hz and then ended up with my final file at 2.41mb. So I put it into the 3DS and installed with Anemone

voila, it played! And it looped at the correct time!
then I installed all my themes alongside it and set them all to shuffle thinking I was done.
I shuffled through them just to check and then it was silent again. I didn't do anything except alternate between the home menu and the power button.

I then bothered to do a bgm-only install just to test it again and now it's still silent despite me not even having changed the file.
I saw something about some cache the 3DS uses, but I wasn't able to clear it properly and the instructions were unclear.

how do i get my custom theme to play consistently

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been wandering around reading all tutorials I can find to make a bgm.bcstm file custom that loops that was stitched together from two wav files because i have a very specific fixation on this particular version of a song just to try and get it to work and I almost succeeded but then I didn't and I have no idea why.

So the file is under 3.3mb (it's actually 2.41), 22050hz sample rate and the song is about 3 minutes looping twice. At first, the song played, this was when the sample rate was 32000 but it wouldn't loop properly. Several attempts of fixing the loop later (it wasn't clicking or popping, it just looped at an incorrect time) and none worked. It was late at night, so I went to sleep. Converting the file with 32000hz exceeded the 3.3mb file limit.
Then I made a new wav file, same file but I figured if I started at 22050hz then the file would be smaller and then easier to convert. Upgraded my audacity because it was out of date, exported 22050hz wave file, and the dozens of bcstm files I created after the fact would play properly in foobar, yata+ and usagi editor but not the 3DS. The file in all these cases hovered around 2.39mb. Apparently at one point my wav file had no samples? But when it did it wouldn't play anything. Said wav file with no samples played perfectly in foobar as well. I even tossed the wav through looping audio converter and it would still remain silent. I even got that bcstm player on the 3DS and put them through that. I mean, it played even though I couldn't hear anything (I tested other, working bcstms and they also played fine even with no audio so I had to assume that it worked, by playing fine I mean the bar loaded and everything)
So I took the old bcstm from the 32000hz attempts and put it through looping audio converter changing the sample rate to 22050hz and then ended up with my final file at 2.41mb. So I put it into the 3DS and installed with Anemone

voila, it played! And it looped at the correct time!
then I installed all my themes alongside it and set them all to shuffle thinking I was done.
I shuffled through them just to check and then it was silent again. I didn't do anything except alternate between the home menu and the power button.

I then bothered to do a bgm-only install just to test it again and now it's still silent despite me not even having changed the file.
I saw something about some cache the 3DS uses, but I wasn't able to clear it properly and the instructions were unclear.

how do i get my custom theme to play consistently
What theme installer did u use?

pinkupi13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but even if i install it by itself now it still doesn't play. i did both bgm only and singular, both now freak out.
is it a known bug? cause I really wanna use this theme alongside the others but not if the music won't work

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but even if i install it by itself now it still doesn't play. i did both bgm only and singular, both now freak out.
is it a known bug? cause I really wanna use this theme alongside the others but not if the music won't work
Idk I use official theme dumps with shuffle with the theme installer and they loop fine

pinkupi13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
think i should also mention when it did finally work I was also on bgm-only since I was still testing it, and simply putting in the file had fixed it. I switched between two themes and it still worked, then installed all of them to shuffle. I then rearranged my 3DS icons. After that I then alternated with the power button.
Post automatically merged:

Idk I use official theme dumps with shuffle with the theme installer and they loop fine
I have other customs downloaded online and they work fine shuffling too. I even inserted a different bcstm into another theme (didn't like the song they picked) and that worked, shuffling and all.
it's just this one theme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?