Hacking BGM theme crashes anemone 3ds on boot. why?

brickleblocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue is not the 3ds crashing anymore. Another thread helped me with that issue. my issue is that when i launch the theme with music using anemone with bgm, it crashes, but when launched without, the background and sfx load just fine.. there has to be something wrong with my bcstm file. im a noob to this so please dont yell if im missing anything obvious
i converted the bgm from a WAV with kame editor. here are the wavs details:
1706608211501.png
8.64 mb
and heres the converted bcstm file ive been trying to use:
1706608298134.png
2.08 mb
the file is below 3.3 mb and if i read other forums instructions correctly, shouldn't have too many samples, but when i boot up the 2ds xl with the themes music on, it plays a really short "crack" noise and freezes on the home screen. Thank god that other thread existed or i would have thought my 2ds was bricked. please help me fix my bgm.

NASSULY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My issue is not the 3ds crashing anymore. Another thread helped me with that issue. my issue is that when i launch the theme with music using anemone with bgm, it crashes, but when launched without, the background and sfx load just fine.. there has to be something wrong with my bcstm file. im a noob to this so please dont yell if im missing anything obvious
i converted the bgm from a WAV with kame editor. here are the wavs details:
View attachment 417099 8.64 mb
and heres the converted bcstm file ive been trying to use:
View attachment 4171002.08 mb
the file is below 3.3 mb and if i read other forums instructions correctly, shouldn't have too many samples, but when i boot up the 2ds xl with the themes music on, it plays a really short "crack" noise and freezes on the home screen. Thank god that other thread existed or i would have thought my 2ds was bricked. please help me fix my bgm.
I'm aware of audio crackling (as it happened to me) but not crashing outright, I doubt it's Anemone but try and reinstall it just in case. More than likely it's just the way you converted the original file that's giving the issue.

What steps did you take to make the bgm?

brickleblocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware of audio crackling (as it happened to me) but not crashing outright, I doubt it's Anemone but try and reinstall it just in case. More than likely it's just the way you converted the original file that's giving the issue.

What steps did you take to make the bgm?
huge apologies for taking a month to notice and respond to your reply. im new here as well, and have only recently realized that ppl tend to get mad at late responses to "old" threads that arent within a day. 😅

uhh i used VLC to convert an mp3 to WAV. this might have been the part i messed up at..? at the time i thought "a WAV is a WAV, right?' guess i was wrong. if you know of a specific WAV converter for this task, please let me know. heres the settings i used to convert the mp3 in vlc.
1709104566993.png
1709104560841.png

NASSULY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
huge apologies for taking a month to notice and respond to your reply. im new here as well, and have only recently realized that ppl tend to get mad at late responses to "old" threads that arent within a day. 😅

uhh i used VLC to convert an mp3 to WAV. this might have been the part i messed up at..? at the time i thought "a WAV is a WAV, right?' guess i was wrong. if you know of a specific WAV converter for this task, please let me know. heres the settings i used to convert the mp3 in vlc. View attachment 422725View attachment 422724
Dw late replies are a thing :v.

I can't be sure 100% but yeah progam converters tend to have trouble turning mp3 to wav ( converting mp3 to wav is uncompressing a compressed file so what happened to you it's one of the things that can happen with regular converters) I'd recommend you using actual audio tools for your mp3 converting in case you trying to get mp3 to wav to bcstm, I personally use FL Studio as I already know how to get around it but Audacity or LMMS should do the work just fine aswell.

The steps to 100% get a theme bgm working should be:

-Exportt desired Mp3 to wav with audio editing tools

- Pass it though ctr wave converter so you get a bcwav if the file you need is a sound FX (only short duration files, it's not necessary for bgm music)

-Use Looping Audio Converter 1.3.3 (I recall other versions are a bit broken) to change the Sample Rate, if the file it's too big, export the desired wav to bcstm when you find a sample rate that fits the bgm (lower rate for bigger files to keep the bgm long, shorten the bgm to below 1:45 if you don't want the theme to sound crunchy for 2 minutes or more :v

(Sample Rates that do the job most of the time are ( 44100, 32000, 24000, 22050 or if you like me and want 3 minute long bgms rates around 19000 also work...)

Steps are a bit technical but after a few conversions you'll see it's not that convoluted, doing it this way makes it so Looping Audio converter can actually sample edit the file and convert it properly,

If you have more trouble just post the file I'll have a look at it :D (sul on themeplaza)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf bunny