[help] bgm just turns into a looped garbled mess in usagi theme editor.

hoshibear

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done everything right i think, but whenever i click 'load' and 'play' for the bgm it just plays a corrupted looping noise that then fades out, not the music i put in the folder with the bin and bcstm file. i tried loading the theme on my 3ds but it still plays that garbled sound. i used looping audio converter and usagi. does anyone know what the problem is and or how to fix it?

girlwiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if i had to guess, it sounds like a problem with the audio file itself rather than anything else? make a new folder where you downloaded usagi if you havent already and put the bcstm & bin file there. make sure the bcstm file is called bgm.bcstm in all lowercase. if all else fails remake the bcstm file

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done everything right i think, but whenever i click 'load' and 'play' for the bgm it just plays a corrupted looping noise that then fades out, not the music i put in the folder with the bin and bcstm file. i tried loading the theme on my 3ds but it still plays that garbled sound. i used looping audio converter and usagi. does anyone know what the problem is and or how to fix it?
I havnt made a theme in a minute here but iirc the audio quality played a huge roll in this issue. Turn it down in audacity first than convert the file again

Like I said it’s been a minute so it’s hard to give a more accurate description sorry. Cause my memory is also telling me something about the audio file not being able to be larger than a certain size

Which would explain why I just cranked the audio quality down as that’s the quickest and easiest way to make a file size smaller

girlwiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I havnt made a theme in a minute here but iirc the audio quality played a huge roll in this issue. Turn it down in audacity first than convert the file again

Like I said it’s been a minute so it’s hard to give a more accurate description sorry. Cause my memory is also telling me something about the audio file not being able to be larger than a certain size

Which would explain why I just cranked the audio quality down as that’s the quickest and easiest way to make a file size smaller
that could also be it, i only remembered that after rereading the custom 3ds theme tutorial again. the max size the bcstm file should be is 3.3mb. i wasnt sure what happened if it went over but you mightve found out. you can make the sample rate lower in looping audio converter to reduce the file size, try not to make it mono if you can avoid it (mono makes it so the audio only comes out of one ear)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch