WUP Installer GX2 installed game issue

d1minished

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently started homebrewing my WiiU, and wanted to play a game that I bought but no longer works for the Wii. I got to the point where I got Wii Play added to a menu tile, but when I launched it, the WiiU rebooted, and the Wii Play app was gone. I have the aroma environment, and made the WUP file using UWUVCI and used Rhythm Heaven Fever US as the base for the game. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? I wasn't able to find anything online about something like this before I had to go to work.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Obvious, daft question first... have you checked all of your menu pages and folders?

Is there any data for it in data management?

If so delete it, reboot and reinstall. If not, try reinstalling anyway but take note of the available storage first. If the same thing happens again you can ascertain wether its installed anything at all.

d1minished

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the data is there, and the menu tile comes back after another restart. My suspicion is that when the vWii boots, it unpowers the flash drive, disconnecting it and making the console forget why it is booting the vWii. Would you recommend just modding the vWii or is there something else I can do that can keep the Wii U menu tile?
Post automatically merged:

Oh forgot to say that after the forced reboot, the one that happens when I select the game, the usb drive isn't found, but if I reboot again its there again and that's when the menu tile shows up.

Last edited by d1minished,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes the data is there, and the menu tile comes back after another restart. My suspicion is that when the vWii boots, it unpowers the flash drive, disconnecting it and making the console forget why it is booting the vWii. Would you recommend just modding the vWii or is there something else I can do that can keep the Wii U menu tile?
Post automatically merged:

Oh forgot to say that after the forced reboot, the one that happens when I select the game, the usb drive isn't found, but if I reboot again its there again and that's when the menu tile shows up.
Good morning,

the problem is your USB key.

use an external hard drive with a Y-cable or a separate AC power supply and you will be fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1