• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

"It Depends": Trump on Violence regarding 2024 election

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Things were going well until the virus showed up.
By your own admission, things were not going well under the Trump administration for anybody except corporations. As president he slept half the day away and played golf the other half.

So, Trump was magically supposed to know this was coming, based on some obscure prediction.
God forbid he listen to people smarter than him rather than be a walking embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger Effect, eh? :rolleyes:

Thank you for demonstrating why dipshit Donnie isn't qualified to manage a Dairy Queen, let alone be president of a nation.

As for the wasteful spending and money laundering, project much?
Lot of good that wall did if you're still bitching about illegal immigration 24/7. Who knows where that money really went, but odds are high that a lot of it ended up back in the tangerine traitor's pocket.

Last edited by Xzi,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nothing wrong with questioning the integrity of an election that puts the top person in charge of the US, however I'm pretty sure we're at a point that nothing can be considered credible when anything can be falsified electronically and mail-in ballots are a thing.
Considering there are very few cases of election fraud and absolutely not even enough cases to swing results, I think it's safe to say that it's a nonissue. If I am wrong, I would like to be provided with actual evidance that isn't from a conspiracy site
Actually there was a confirmed Voter Fraud in a Local Election between 2 Dems back East somewhere, either in Mass, or Maine, forgot where. But someone was caught on Camera dumping Ballots in a Drop Box, and was not Certified to do that. So it can happen.
Considering they were caught, it's safe to say that fraud prevention is working. No one is denying that fraud doesn't happen but it seems always to get caught and it's always extremely small scale. Voter fraud is a nonissue that is never at the scale people pretend it is.
If we really want to talk about the problems in government, maybe we should talk about the unelected people who are controlling the system.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem and Xzi

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're like the moron that wont stay down after they've had the living shit kicked out of them. Nothing in your post except a full on failure of trying to spin some of the most stupid spins on shit I've ever seen. First you tried making some shit up off the top of your head with "Duh!!! It's the town Hannibal was born in!". Now after you get called out for stupidity it's "The actor who played Hannibal, you dummy!!!"

Anthony Hopkins was born in Wales, not the Jersey Shore. :rofl::rofl::rofl: He never even lived there at any time in his life. LMFAO! I just... I can't even. I'm done with you. You're too incredibly flat out stupid to even converse with any longer.
By who? Certainly not you. The only mental exercise I have seen you perform at all so far is connecting as many slurs as you possibly can within the same sentence. You don't make any points or counterpoints, just personal attacks. If you are truly not a kid, then my bad, but the content of your posts suggests an age of around 12 or so.

Your trivialization of Sonata Arctica as "that band that recorded an anti-Trump song" especially didn't help your case. They've been around for 25 years. They have created a lot of music in that time. Most of it having nothing to do with politics. I even used the instrumental version of "Draw Me" for my father's funeral.

You posted a hacked and incomplete clip. It would take hours to Google every possibility, and I can't justify that for a largely pointless pissing contest with people who's minds are set in stone, can't respect anyone with a differing opinion, and will continue to think of me as a one-dimensional stereotype regardless of my response anyway. Trump congratulates places for what they're known for. If he said "the Golden Gate Bridge, congratulaions" you would know he was not congratulating the bridge, right? Obviously Trump did not congratulate a dead serial killer. It's a fairly obvious and sloppy hack job. If you can't see through that, you'll be a complete puppet once the deep fakes start rolling out.
Ofc it's not, aren't these folk currently wearing diapers because trump is having one?
Post automatically merged:

You could, but I'm not the trump fan and not jumping any hoops.
You didn't say anything about Trump. You said "one incontinent diapered sorry excuse of a man." Which made no sense for you to be asking me, because I'm not the one making excuses for Joe Biden ;) Did the joke REALLY go over your head, or are you just trying to avoid admitting you walked right into that one?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering there are very few cases of election fraud and absolutely not even enough cases to swing results, I think it's safe to say that it's a nonissue. If I am wrong, I would like to be provided with actual evidance that isn't from a conspiracy site

Considering they were caught, it's safe to say that fraud prevention is working. No one is denying that fraud doesn't happen but it seems always to get caught and it's always extremely small scale. Voter fraud is a nonissue that is never at the scale people pretend it is.
If we really want to talk about the problems in government, maybe we should talk about the unelected people who are controlling the system.
Do you send cash through the mail? If not, why would you trust it with something as important as a ballot?

A vulnerability that has not been heavily exploited is not the same as one that does not exist. Mail-in ballots were not heavily used in the past. That is not proof that they are, or have ever been, secure. There just simply were not enough people using them to matter one way or the other. The pandemic changed that. Now they have become a serious liability. The USPS needs to lock things down. They need to use watermarks, tamper-proof containers, multi-factor authentication, require a verified signature, etc.

Apple used to claim that Macs can't get viruses. It was completely untrue. The Mac user base was simply so low that no one cared to write a virus for them. Back then, a Mac virus wouldn't have spread around enough to gain any notoriety. The situation has changed though. It would be foolish not to run an AV on a Mac today (even on an old Motorola model, a Java worm could wreak absolute havoc).

It's good to finally run into someone that has some talking points other than "orange man bad" though.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and mail-in ballots are a thing.

Trump votes by mail, it's not and never has been a problem.

It's more likely they have places trained rats in the ballot boxes that eat all the ones with a vote for donald trump

Do you send cash through the mail? If not, why would you trust it with something as important as a ballot?

I don't send cash through the mail, but you're making assumptions.
Firstly, I've not been a heavy user of cash for a long time. Covid reduced my use to practically zero.

Secondly, it's faster to just send the money directly to their account.

The most important issue that you haven't considered is that physical ballots are essentially mailed in. You write it on a piece of paper and put it in a defacto post box, it is then delivered by a defacto mail man, then taken to a defacto sorting office.

I think voting should be done via mobile phone, with all the results publicly verifiable. Alternatively make everyone turn up at the exact same time in a large field, and we can compare crowd sizes. Though poor little Donald has an issue with comparing sizes.

He tried to restrict flights. They called him a xenophobe.

He was so well prepared, he started restricting flights two years before the pandemic started https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_travel_ban

He targets countries that his xenophobic base don't like. He has zero credibility, unless you're one of his xenophobic base.

And please, it's time to stop with the misinformation regarding effective treatments. Stop calling them bleach and horse tranquilizers. The myth is busted. Perpetuating the lie will not get Biden another term. It will just get more people killed.

What got people killed is that Donald Trump is a fucking idiot.

hydroxychloroquine may have some effect in treating patients who are in hospital, because it reduces your immune system and the patients in hospital are most likely to die from a cytokine storm. However he suggested healthy people take it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52717161

It's like suggesting chemotherapy or radiotherapy as a way for healthy people to avoid cancer.

No drug is purely positive, you have to weigh up the pros and cons. At best, it increases your chances of contracting covid in the first place.

Last edited by smf,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

A vulnerability that has not been heavily exploited is not the same as one that does not exist. Mail-in ballots were not heavily used in the past. That is not proof that they are, or have ever been, secure. There just simply were not enough people using them to matter one way or the other. The pandemic changed that. Now they have become a serious liability. The USPS needs to lock things down. They need to use watermarks, tamper-proof containers, multi-factor authentication, require a verified signature, etc.

Apple used to claim that Macs can't get viruses. It was completely untrue. The Mac user base was simply so low that no one cared to write a virus for them. Back then, a Mac virus wouldn't have spread around enough to gain any notoriety. The situation has changed though. It would be foolish not to run an AV on a Mac today (even on an old Motorola model, a Java worm could wreak absolute havoc).

It's good to finally run into someone that has some talking points other than "orange man bad" though.
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/mail-ballot-security-features-primer
Being worried about vulnerabilities is a worthy thing to be worried about. But it’s another nonissue, the concerns about mail-in votes have been getting addressed since the Civil war and is constantly being addressed and improved upon.

Quite honestly the reason why I don’t believe in any conspiracy about voter fraud is due to lack of evidence. It’s getting close to 4 years now and there hasn’t been any evidence showing mass voter fraud. If I am going to be concerned about something, I need evidence.

As for the question about mailing money, no because that’s stupid, I have Venmo.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/mail-ballot-security-features-primer
Being worried about vulnerabilities is a worthy thing to be worried about. But it’s another nonissue, the concerns about mail-in votes have been getting addressed since the Civil war and is constantly being addressed and improved upon.
Concerns about mail-in voting security really shouldn't exist if one has personally scrutinized how the actual system works. It's a clue (to me, at least) that the person doesn't care about the actual argument because if they had, they'd have spent time on it. And if they'd spent time on it, their fears should have dissipated.

The problem with political strategies such as Trump's (e.g. if I didn't win, it's rigged) is that they directly encourage skepticism without evidence or good reason. And there are a lot of people that think that Trump saying something counts as fact or research. And that is a small step away from democracy and towards autocracy.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Concerns about mail-in voting security really shouldn't exist if one has personally scrutinized how the actual system works. It's a clue (to me, at least) that the person doesn't care about the actual argument because if they had, they'd have spent time on it. And if they'd spent time on it, their fears should have dissipated.

The problem with political strategies such as Trump's (e.g. if I didn't win, it's rigged) is that they directly encourage skepticism without evidence or good reason. And there are a lot of people that think that Trump saying something counts as fact or research. And that is a small step away from democracy and towards autocracy.
Every day I wish I could be as stupid as a conspiracy theorist. Who needs research when you can just listen to your own paranoia? Who needs evidance when you can just make shit up?

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol