Itch.io has a $5 bundle of over 1,000 indie games and content to help raise money for Palestine

itchio_6tjc.jpg

Itch.io is hosting another massive game bundle to help raise money for charity. Just like last year's Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality, this new bundle consists of 1,020 indie games, assets, soundtracks, and more for just $5, all from independent game developers banding together for the cause of Palestinian aid. Any and all money made from the bundle will go straight to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, who has already helped over a million individuals affected by the ongoing situation in Palestine. All of the content within the bundle is DRM-free, and includes games such as Liyla and The Shadows Of War, STRAINGE, To Duel List, The Count of Monte Carlo, and many, many more. The bundle will be available until June 12th. At the time of writing, the bundle has raised nearly $120,000, with a hopeful goal of $500,000.

This is a grassroots bundle by indie devs who want to help Palestinians.

All profit from this bundle will be donated to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency. The UNRWA has provided food assistance for over one million Palestinians, and continues to do so in the territories with heavy destruction. They also provide emergency mental and physical health protection for those in the region. https://www.unrwa.org/gaza-emergency

Indie games are unique in that they can tell stories not seen in AAA or other games. We pour our life experiences into our games and share a piece of ourselves with the world. Palestinian game developers are no different in this aspect, but have the added challenges of limited access to basic services, like clean water, electricity, medical care, and food security. They live under Israeli authority that discriminates and subjugates Palestinians to the point of persecution and apartheid, simply for being Palestinian. Furthermore, they develop games without all the resources that come with being in a western hub for game development.

Palestinian game developer Rasheed Abueideh did exactly that when he made Liyla and the Shadows of War, which tells a story of a little girl who lives in Gaza during the 2014 war, in which 30% of civilian casualties were children. Liyla and the Shadows of War was showcased at IndieCade and A MAZE and earned numerous award nominations, including a win in Excellence in Storytelling at the International Mobile Gaming Awards Middle East/North Africa.

This bundle is pay-what-you-want (above $5 U.S. dollars) for Liyla and the Shadows of War, and you will receive hundreds of additional games, assets, and soundtracks graciously donated by game developers and media creators around the world for free. The bundle will run through Friday, June 11th. Together, we can raise funds for UNRWA for food and medical assistance for Palestinians AND highlight a game developer who is directly affected by the cause we are rallying behind.

:arrow: Source

Gamer90Kirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Why would I give money to either side, I don’t support religious endeavors and think humanity is better off without any religions in the first place. Both sides are guilty of religious motives influencing their decisions.

Religion is a relic from an age where people just wanted a generic answer for anything they could not explain at that time. God fills that void today just like the extinct religions of yesteryear did for the people in the past.

But this isn't about religion. It's about natives being massacred for their land in the 21st century. You either support it or are against it. There is no other way to this.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Politics aside, people in Palestine are in desperate need of humanitarian aid.
Want to defeat your enemies? Fine! But if you want that through starvation you probably are just a cruel human.

IIRC about 90% of households in Gaza don't have direct access to clean water and half the populace there are children. There's a real humanitarian crisis going on there.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah exactly...
The best part is that you literally can't tell which side that is being used to describe without additional context. Just goes to show how fucked the whole situation is.

Last edited by ChaosEternal,
Reactions: tabzer

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would I give money to the people that voted in people that are trying to kill my family members?
so I'm guessing you think all muslims are terrorist? on another note would really be a dick move if Israel seizes (or worse the US government since their buddy buddy with Israel) the funds meant for the palestine state

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BOTH OF THEM are baby killers, so which one are u talking about?
you know the old saying a few bad apples can spoil the bunch

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like most people who support one side basically support eradicating the other. Personally, I'd say evacuate Jerusalem, bomb the shit out of it and make it uninhabitable so that no one gets it. All this stupid war shit over a fucking so called "holy land" has caused nothing but grief for both sides over the centuries as far as I'm concerned. And it doesn't help that Neocons and Neolibs are in support of the forever wars in the Middle East and will quickly jump to support Netanyahu for the farce of "preserving Isreal." Hamas and Isreal both have shitty leaders that want to commit sectarian genocide, and both sides of leadership need to be taken out of power as far as I'm concerned - ideally by their own people. Of course, the reality that that's probably never going to happen.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Brighton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
But this isn't about religion. It's about natives being massacred for their land in the 21st century. You either support it or are against it. There is no other way to this.

The concern here is that the money will make its way to Hamas to continue these massacres.

The UN is morally bankrupt these days. They recently elected Iran to their women’s rights panel. ‍♀️

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Itch.io should NEVER have donated to ""Racial Justice and equality"" last year. That was a big fuckup on their part for clout from the dipshit fools and idiots on tumblr and Twitter. Plus I'm sure that most of that money went to the Democratic party for their own means. Equality is not the standard of nature, and it never was. If anything, it is the exception. I for one am siding with Palestine, regardless of their predominant religious beliefs. Republicans are indeed not the same as they were back in the mid-19th-early 20th century, ditto for the dems. Republicans have the many little scandals of Ulysses S. Grant, Teapot Dome and Watergate on their belt of fuckups, while the Democrats not only have the Benghazi incident and Bill Clinton's history of raping women back before he became president, but also the higher amount of drone strikes in Afghanistan and Pakistan under Barack Obama's administration, among other things.

Last edited by Megadriver94,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

No.

Seems like most people who support one side basically support eradicating the other.

Yes.

you know the old saying a few bad apples can spoil the bunch

One side has prevalence in using children as meat shields as the other side obliges. Both of them are contributing to child sacrifice, but only one side is donating children.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

Yes.

One side has prevalence in using children as meat shields as the other side obliges. Both of them are contributing to child sacrifice, but only one side is donating children.
I'm speaking bout Hamas saying not all of palistine (or muslims in general) are terrorist its like labeling all GOP as racist biggots

Reactions: Gamer90Kirby

Gamer90Kirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The best part is that you literally can't tell which side that is being used to describe without additional context. Just goes to show how fucked the whole situation is.

Genocide should describe a clear side to you. If it doesn't then you know nothing about this conflict.

The concern here is that the money will make its way to Hamas to continue these massacres.

The UN is morally bankrupt these days. They recently elected Iran to their women’s rights panel. ‍♀️

So we should stay quiet and watch as Zionists massacre Palestinians in fear that our aid will reach Hamas? Hamas barely shot a few homemade rockets, that's hardly a massacre. On the other hand, calling the ethnic cleansing being done by Zionists a massacre is an understatement.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What's so hard to understand about who's at fault?

You tell me. I don't care who "started" the war. I see enough of how both sides are handling it to not be empathetic to either side. Maybe one side is %100 justified in everything they do. I can't see that.

you'd think the jewish wouldn't do about the same atrocities as hitler did to them more than half a century ago but as the old saying goes "history is doomed to repeat itself"

They have concentration camps and gas chambers? I had no idea.

Gamer90Kirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You tell me. I don't care who "started" the war. I see enough of how both sides are handling it to not be empathetic to either side. Maybe one side is %100 justified in everything they do. I can't see that.

They have concentration camps and gas chambers? I had no idea.

Yes, of course, how could I have been so naive!

I should embrace my race's cleanser with open hands. The same person that shot my mother in her home and my medic father last night. I should invite them and discuss peace for they will surely want that.

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Itch.io is hosting another massive game bundle to help raise money for charity. Just like last year's Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality, this new bundle consists of 1,020 indie games, assets, soundtracks, and more for just $5, all from independent game developers banding together for the cause of Palestinian aid. Any and all money made from the bundle will go straight to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, who has already helped over a million individuals affected by the ongoing situation in Palestine. All of the content within the bundle is DRM-free, and includes games such as Liyla and The Shadows Of War, STRAINGE, To Duel List, The Count of Monte Carlo, and many, many more. The bundle will be available until June 12th. At the time of writing, the bundle has raised nearly $120,000, with a hopeful goal of $500,000.

:arrow: Source
There goes $5

Reactions: Gamer90Kirby

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5 bucks for all those games is a pretty good deal, though.
So, yeah, anyone interested in talking about that..?

The first post refers to "games such as Liyla and The Shadows Of War, STRAINGE, To Duel List, The Count of Monte Carlo", but I've never heard of any of those?

PC Gamer refers to Gnog, Pikuniku, Minit, and Nuclear Throne – all of which have been free giveaways on the Epic Store; VVVVVV has also been given away on several occasions. That article also refers to Super Win the Game, Signs of the Sojourner, Anodyne, and The Stillness of the Wind, each of which were in the last bundle, leaving only The Church in the Darkness and Sokobond.

The one game that particularly sticks out for me is Framed, and it might be worth shelling out $5 for that on the assumption that there might be something worthwhile elsewhere in the bundle.

I am using https://randombundlegame.com/ as a reference, which has handily already been updated.

Plus I'm sure that most of that money went to the Democratic party for their own means.
So, do you have a reliable source for that factoid, or is that a stupid question?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu