Itch.io's Bundle for Ukraine supports victims of war, offers nearly 1,000 games and assets

dUFzNh.png

Game developers, studios, and publishers are coming together to support Ukraine. Whether it's John Romero creating a DOOM II level to raise money for the Ukrainian Red Cross, the team behind This War of Mine donating all proceeds of sales to Ukraine, or the swaths of companies removing their products from sale in Russia, a lot has been happening within the industry. The latest gaming-related support comes from Itch.io, who is no stranger to charity bundles, having previously raised money for racial injustice and Palestine. The Bundle for Ukraine collects nearly 1,000 works over 700 different creators, with all money raised by purchases of the bundle to go directly to Ukrainian charities--specifically International Medical Corps, who is providing medical aid to those affected, and Voices of Children, a charity that helps Ukrainian children have safe shelters to be, and help them handle PTSD.

The bundle costs $10, and contains games like CrossCode, SkateBIRD, SUPERHOT, Celeste, TowerFall Ascension, and hundreds of other indie games. Right now, Itch.io has raised $1.7 million out of a $2 million goal, with 9 days left to go. If you want to support the cause, or just pick up a ton of DRM-free games for cheap, you can check out the bundle at the source below.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Dude... What's your problem here?

I don't fucking care if your world view consists of mindless drones who mindlessly chase stupid hypes on one side and yourself on the other: one fucking wise savior who oversees the hollowness of the hype and needs to preach about it because... Why the fuck are you posting in this thread? To guide the 'sheeple' away from bundles of games? Because you don't believe ukraine is worth helping? For the attention you don't get in your actual life?

I accept your apologies for calling people stupid should you have some personal issues you're dealing with. But don't expect praise for flat out insulting people who make different choices in life.

Isn't it amazing that I replied to your reply before you'd even replied? Right down to the image to describe your mood!
So this is what it sounds like, when NPCs cry

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Look into where the donated money for Haiti went. Educate yourself on the true nature of charities and how they are just businesses with a sheen of PR. Above all, think. Think for yourself.

But then if you could do that I wouldn't have to draw attention to your NPC like bleating and consistent Support Of The Current Thing, would I?

Literally every single point your predictable little mind would raise was addressed 2 hours before you posted. Much wow! Go grab a software update and see if your mandated thought processes can put together what just occurred and what it says about the state of play.

Further reading about why this is a cheap, transparent con designed purely for publicity by preying on the cheer leading of the unaware:

"A cash donation is the donation of money, transferred through several methods such as by check or through payroll deduction. Cash donations are deductible up to a limit of 60% of your AGI."
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/charitable-contributions-how-much-can-you-write-off

"I know that most corporations seek to sell values rather than products these days, but this is getting ridiculous. Most people, from left to right, hate the vacuous posturing of greedy corporations... Its altruistic outlook is a disguise for its cunning, narcissistic politics of conspicuous compassion and caring one-upmanship."

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/08/21/a-pandemic-of-corporate-virtue-signalling/

Anyway, I'm done with this (unless a mod deletes this reply in which case its full steam ahead) as you all proved my point so well that there is nothing to be gained by further engagement.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had to get this, what an insane amount of games and extras. Gonna play some Baba is you after I'm done working. Hopefully they crush the donation goal and the money comes to good use to those who best need it.

Reactions: hippy dave

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Further reading about why this is a cheap, transparent con designed purely for publicity by preying on the cheer leading of the unaware:

"A cash donation is the donation of money, transferred through several methods such as by check or through payroll deduction. Cash donations are deductible up to a limit of 60% of your AGI."
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/charitable-contributions-how-much-can-you-write-off

"I know that most corporations seek to sell values rather than products these days, but this is getting ridiculous. Most people, from left to right, hate the vacuous posturing of greedy corporations... Its altruistic outlook is a disguise for its cunning, narcissistic politics of conspicuous compassion and caring one-upmanship."
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/08/21/a-pandemic-of-corporate-virtue-signalling/

Anyway, I'm done with this (unless a mod deletes this reply in which case its full steam ahead) as you all proved my point so well that there is nothing to be gained by further engagement.
You'd have a great point if not for the fact that itch.io is not the one actually writing the checks for the charity, they're merely the platform to facilitate it, the person who is actually responsible for this drive is the CEO of Necrosoft games which isn't exactly large enough to matter much with the tax write off. The two picked charities are also vetted to actually be using the money constructively, unlike other charities the big corporations prefer. This ain't the red cross that fleeces everyone to run more ads.

The charity drive is also actively opt-in only and the developers offering their games do so because they want to, not because itch.io forced them to.

To make matters even more amusing itch.io is basically a one-man project operating at a loss, that allows the developers to set how much the site earns in revenue on any sale. 10% revenue is the standard suggestion but the dev can push that percentage up or down as they see fit.
You're literally seeing "charity drive" and immediately equate it to virtue signaling and corporate greed without even bothering to check up on any of the parties involved.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're literally seeing "charity drive" and immediately equate it to virtue signaling and corporate greed without even bothering to check up on any of the parties involved.
To be fair, this isn't a bad default stance to take these days, but you should probably check out the specific charities/drives in question before commenting. Some are better than others.

As an unfortunate example, California and Washington state have both recently demanded that BLM stop taking donations altogether because they haven't been open about their finances after all the donations over the past few years. A lot of local BLM groups have complained as well since they haven't seen any of the money. People donated because they wanted to help, and I'm sure that since there's pressure now they might actually get some funding, but this is just how it goes with a lot of charities.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it amazing that I replied to your reply before you'd even replied? Right down to the image to describe your mood!

Literally every single point your predictable little mind would raise was addressed 2 hours before you posted. Much wow! Go grab a software update and see if your mandated thought processes can put together what just occurred and what it says about the state of play.

“Charities suck so nobody should ever donate to charity.”

So I take that to mean that you’re paying direct reparations to your local community? That you’re engaged in direct giving to under privileged and marginalized people of your community? Or are you just a bigot with a blow horn? No need to answer, we all already know.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be fair, this isn't a bad default stance to take these days, but you should probably check out the specific charities/drives in question before commenting. Some are better than others.

As an unfortunate example, California and Washington state have both recently demanded that BLM stop taking donations altogether because they haven't been open about their finances after all the donations over the past few years. A lot of local BLM groups have complained as well since they haven't seen any of the money. People donated because they wanted to help, and I'm sure that since there's pressure now they might actually get some funding, but this is just how it goes with a lot of charities.
Of course! In addition to some of those chapters the entirety of the Red Cross is shitty, half the Trump family is no longer allowed to run charities due to defrauding them, and the list goes on. But itch.io is open about where the money goes and the charities they selected do the same, so it's pretty easy to check quickly if it's for a good cause or to enrich some swindler.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are single download DRM free, codes for different shops like humble bundle or itch io have their own luncher? I'm just thinking if it's good bundle for Steam Deck.
They're individual DRM free downloads. They'll only be good for the Steam Deck if you're comfortable installing and configuring Wine and all the Direct X to Vulkan layers and Proton if thats available as a seperate install. I don't know if Proton supports non-Stean games through Steam. Alternatively they're good for if you just run a lightweight custom ISO of Windows 10 or 11.

Reactions: Gronbar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT