Its been years since ive done anything ps3 so im very rusty, few questions.

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I had a ps3 which I set up but it died, so bought one with cfw pre installed I know its on 4.81 but not sure what the cfw is.

I have tried to install artemis which I used to use to enable cheats directly on the console like an action replay.

I had installed the version I used to use and found it doesnt work.

When I boot a game I dont get the press ps button and start to attach game, or if I do this, nothing happens.

I have updated artemis to the latest version and still the same.

Is there a version of artemis that works on 4.81 I have tried r5 2.2 I think it was.

Or

Has anyone got netcheat or similar tool for pc to remotely enable cheats.

I have tried to find it online but the github has no download, a version i came across wouldnt boot, kept force closing without even opening.

The other version I found kept giving an error when I open.

I had used netcheat before on this system but forgot to back it up before I had to wipe it.

Also anyone know if its possible to use pkgi without an activated psn account, as I never had one set up on the console I bought, it just had a user account.

Everything I download says I need to activate it on psn.

Ive then downloaded the updated version of pkgi and now get http error when trying to download.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it, its been that long I've forgotten everything I used to know.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To make it simple these days we have been using webman for many years. Are you?
Any reason for not upgrading CFW? Artemis seems to support 4.85 and up fine.
And for pkgi you can install rap with psnpatch on unactivated systems but you can install latest MFW and just go online.

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make it simple these days we have been using webman for many years. Are you?
Any reason for not upgrading CFW? Artemis seems to support 4.85 and up fine.
And for pkgi you can install rap with psnpatch on unactivated systems but you can install latest MFW and just go online.
I have webman but I simply boot multiman and select my game (2x1tb usb hdd).

As for cfw, ive not touched my ps3 in years and this was how I bought it.

I've since been ill past 3 years with cancer and not been interested in gaming and now, ive forgot everything.

Used to know ps3 like water off a ducks back.

So what is mfw? I guess it be easier to be on the most recent cfw if it supports me using my profile then keeping it offline to avoid ban, tho I dont know if the console is safe to put my account on, if its been banned before I bought it.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have webman but I simply boot multiman and select my game (2x1tb usb hdd).

As for cfw, ive not touched my ps3 in years and this was how I bought it.

I've since been ill past 3 years with cancer and not been interested in gaming and now, ive forgot everything.

Used to know ps3 like water off a ducks back.

So what is mfw? I guess it be easier to be on the most recent cfw if it supports me using my profile then keeping it offline to avoid ban, tho I dont know if the console is safe to put my account on, if its been banned before I bought it.
MFW is a OFW that still has the vulnerabilities needed to install a CFW over it. It also enables hen use.
What you do with your machine is up to you but personally I have turned to emulation as RPCS3 has gotten so much better in 2020-21 it will only get better now.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technically speaking all cfw is mfw, because it's just modified from the original. that's what the m stands for. it's not custom built from the ground up or anything aside from cobra, I guess. you can use mfw builder to make your own cfw, but don't do it unless you know what you're doing.

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job I used the search bar rather than make a new post.

Couldn't be bothered with my PS3, moved back to making switch cheats for a while then been on my PS4 a lot lately.

I've come back to my PS3, updated Artemis and still, I get nothing to attach game/cheats pop up, I have tried to change the plugin in the options menu, but nothing seems to work.

This has to be something with the PS3, I never had any problems with my PS3 before it died.

So yesterday I was looking into updating my console to 4.81 and because I don't know what type of CFW was put onto this PS3 when I bought it, I was following ModdedWarfare's YouTube guide, when I try run the check on ps3xploit website, my browser will give an SSL error, so I click YES.

It then looks like its starting to do its job, a message will popup saying Initializing Framework, please wait, which in the video says is normal and may take some time or give an error, but I have left mine for ages and it seems to be stuck, the browser pages wont be responsive, cant click any links or refresh page.

If I close my browser then it looks as if the console has got stuck, nothing happens, just stuck seeing a blank screen with the PS3 wave theme running.

I then have to power the console off, which turns off with one single touch, then hear two beeps before it powers off.

So I am not sure if there is a serious fault with my PS3, I was aware after buying it years ago that the console would not turn on if I used the PS3 controller, the seller (fucking snakebook) said he must have grabbed the wrong console and would come swap it, but never did.

I have noticed random crashes when playing games, so I am thinking if the above website is doing this, then could there me a bigger problem with the console than I thought.

I can't see any reason for Artemis to not work.

All I know is it has a custom boot saying
Overflow
bobby downgrades and zoftmods

and I get a popup on boot saying visit ps3updat.com

Luckily I have just done a google and found a FB page using the same name and images on the page have the website on them, maybe they can shed light on what CFW has been installed.

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have fixed the problem with Atemis, it was the CFW that was installed, so if anyone else has used Bobby Downgrades CFW, then this is your answer.

I have just updated to 4.59 CFW and Artemis is working again, but i think my PS3 is shagged it will keep freezing randomly and I can hear a whistle like noise from the HDD :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1