iVRy team successfully authenticate PSVR 2 on PC

The iVRy team, who made it possible to use the original PlayStation VR and other headsets on PC have passed an important milestone in getting the new PSVR 2 to work on PC.

FvbfvNRWIAIEib3.png

Previously the team had discovered that the PSVR 2 headset which they state is "probably the most locked down consumer headset in existence" authenticates itself through a handshake connection with the PS5 and although they won't disclose the methods used, the team have successfully authenticated the device between their system and the headset, opening up the possibility for a driver to be written that would be capable of using the headset with PC based VR software.

It's worth bearing in mind that while the PSVR 2 uses USB-C, the iVRy team have specified that it's not a standard alt mode DisplayPort interface and currently only works with VirtualLink compatible graphics cards or the BizLink VirtualLink Interface Adapter.

You can follow their progress at their Twitter page below.

:arrow: @iVRy_VR Twitter

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They got in trouble for forcing customers to buy extra cords/chargers because of some sort of EU directive about e-waste. Forcing their customers to buy extra phones via planned obsolescence and sabotage is okay still, afaik.
Android fans are so ignorant. Apple phones are supported 2-3 times longer, but you yell at apple online…
Post automatically merged:

Because VR is presently pointless, or to bring back an old classic VR has no gaems.

I want VR to be a thing, I want the promise of 70s through 90s sci fi but not seeing it happening with this iteration.
There are games. The problem is people hate wearing a helmet to play games.

• Haha
Reactions: FFTW

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Android fans are so ignorant. Apple phones are supported 2-3 times longer, but you yell at apple online…
Knocking Apple on a subject about Apple isn't supporting Android. This isn't Red vs Blue. Also, Android isn't a company. Apple can use Android if they wanted to, but they won't. Mainly because Google created it first, and not them. Google made good Android phones pre-Nexus5x and then their products became a liability. It appeared they would break down right after their warranties expired. They even got sued for it.

After that, I heard people found more cost effective investments in One+ and I had decent success with Motorola. It's pretty much a gamble and an issue that affects the whole industry. The "2-3 times longer" doesn't match my experience as I have both in my household. The situation with Apple is that they may "support" their devices for 5 or so years, but on the last two years you watch your system slow to a crawl and lose battery life as they release updates for the iOS operating system with the newer models in mind--basically hurting your phone instead of improving it.

Generally, I replace our phones on average every 3-4 years, regardless of OS or manufacturer. The exception is a Nexus 5x that somehow didn't die and is still being used. I consider it retro now.

Wouldn't say I'm ignorant or a "fan" but what would you know?

People always did this: "Sega is better than Nintendo!" "Nuh uh!"

Imagine you didn't have to pick a side. Or even that there are more than two choices. Even better if you figure that you can choose all of them.

I'm kind of disappointed because you usually display intelligence in your comments.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: FFTW

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has one of you tried that app with the PSVR 1? Is it fun or is it half the time fixing the settings so you can get a somewhat ok experience?

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Has one of you tried that app with the PSVR 1? Is it fun or is it half the time fixing the settings so you can get a somewhat ok experience?

Well, iVRy not so good... Trinus VR better.
I use demo first and it's worked fine.
Then buy it and there was problems after time period where in demo it was free...
What I not try to fix it and in steam many have problems like that.
Changing settings slightly make it better, but always rebooting headset not so nice

But glad to see some progress for psvr2, not best vr headset, but for this who own it it's good news

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    Veho @ Veho: Ah, you mean furries.