Jack Tretton talks about the PS4 and the Wii U.

ChaosZero816

Temp's Official Random Member
Trophies
XP
Country
nintendoom said:
finally!!, the first Filipino I saw trashing sony.

Really? Well considering most people I know have a psp.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jun 18 2011, 07:24 PM) If Nintendo said a similarly "bashing" statement, I'm sure we'd all be like "YEAH FUCK SONY NINTENDO IS SO RIGHT".

I can see that happening. Considering all the people here, everyone would pretty much not complain against whatever Nintendo would say.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
KingVamp said:
There more stuff to read in the 2nd source.

Wonder if he would say the same thing if he was working for Nintendo.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Other words he is impress,but can't say it.
tongue.gif
Nah. You have to be very easy to impress to be impressed by the Wii U.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Guild McCommunist said:
It's not even trolling. You want a real industry troll? Try Bobby Kotick.

Of course when anyone, especially the competition says anything relatively bad about the WiiU, you all get up in arms and go "SONY SUCKS THEY'RE COPYCATS AND BLAH BLAH BLAH".

The WiiU is kinda basically offering what the PS3 offered in '06... Just with new controls. I'm not gonna go off on Tretton for basically stating what's true.
Yes, what he said is true and I totally agree with that. It's the Nintendo bashing that's not necessary and is pissing us off.

If Nintendo said a similarly "bashing" statement, I'm sure we'd all be like "YEAH FUCK SONY NINTENDO IS SO RIGHT".
Yes, IF. I don't think Nintendo ever bashed it's competitors. At least not that I know of.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL at the people saying MS did it in 2005. They actually didn't. The first generation 360 consoles did not have HDMI and although it could do 1080p over component, the TV needed to support it i.e. it wasn't wide spread. In fact, they didn't even have an option for 1080p until they issued an update. If I remember correctly they even talked about how HDMI was not necessary. It wasn't around until the PS3 debuted that they put out the HDMI version of the console.

So, yes. Nintendo is doing what the PS3 did in 2006. Welcome to the party.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Of course when anyone, especially the competition says anything relatively bad about the WiiU, you all get up in arms and go "SONY SUCKS THEY'RE COPYCATS AND BLAH BLAH BLAH".

The WiiU is kinda basically offering what the PS3 offered in '06... Just with new controls. I'm not gonna go off on Tretton for basically stating what's true.

If Nintendo said a similarly "bashing" statement, I'm sure we'd all be like "YEAH FUCK SONY NINTENDO IS SO RIGHT".
Kotick, is an asshole.

Nintendo has yet to stoop to Tretton's or Sony' level.

So, offering updated graphics (which PCs have been doing forever) is "What Sony's been offering since '06". By that logic, I've been playing video games ever since I was born. C'mon, get your head in the game. I may not like Sony as much as you, but the statement you just made is about the same amount of bullshit Tretton spews every day. Now, motion controls by Sony was an obvious pass at Nintendo. At the very least Microsoft improved Sony's eyetoy, but Sony just basically copy and pasted Nintendo's idea.

@the last statement:

Again, when Nintendo stoops to Sony's level, we'll see if you're right.

D

Deleted User

Jack Tretton
Master Troll...

...is what should have been his title on E3 night.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

The thing is that Nintendo wouldn't do that. The reason? Nintendo sees the rivalry differently than Sony. Or rather, they see it as much less of a big deal than Sony does. I remember on one occasion they said something to the level of "we don't care" when it came to their rivalry.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO many Nintendo fanboys, it's annoying.

What do you people mean "bash" Nintendo? The Wii U still will not provide DVD playback, its controllers and consoles are over-priced in relation to the technology used, most of the games that sell extremely well constantly use the Mario gimmick, they use the same franchises over and over again, any "new" technology is not well thought-out and and defined, the list goes on. Tretton speaks the truth in an arrogant way, so I agree with him, but I don't like him. The people that need to get their head out of their ass are the people who are constantly behind Nintendo no matter what. You people are the reason Nintendo hasn't gone above and beyond. They don't need to because they basically have a cult following that doesn't care what they do. Yeah, Nintendo has some great personalities such as Fils-Aime, Iwata, Miyamoto, but they're businessmen. They want your money, and they'll do what it takes to get it.

And of course the current Xbox and PS3 market are saturated with FPSs. It's annoying. Xbox and PS3 are filled with terrible personalities of whose greed and arrogance are clearly shown. The gaming market isn't collapsing by any means, but I'm disappointed with how it's turning out.

Fans of Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft should think it's a NECESSITY that they all keep up with each other in terms of technology and gaming. Nintendo is behind in technology, while Sony and Microsoft are behind in gaming experience, in my opinion. Real competition is what brings true advancements in technology, and so far, I'm not seeing it. Everyone seems content in what their respective company is doing, and I don't know why. Any Sony fanboy should have a problem with the validity of Tretton's technological statement, true or not, Sony should be trying it's best to advance its technology to stay competitive.

EDIT: That all being said, I am quite impressed with the 3DS. I really like it. And I bet I'll love the PSV too. I guess I'm just a fanboy for handheld games...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Uncle FEFL:

I'm not "Behind Nintendo" 100%. I personally think that the 360 is the absolute best console this gen. To say that Nintendo has not gone above and beyond is just disproportionate nonsense. They took a lot of risks with the Wii, and the DS. They not only turned out right, but are widely acclaimed for their intuitive motion controls and feedback. They don't have the software power that the competitors do.

Nintendo has always been behind the times. They make money off of every console they sell, and their flagship titles. Their consoles are cheap, productive, and fun. Sony couldn't say they made money off of every sale, and even now, I'm sure their console profits haven't caught up with their losses. Microsoft is the one that has always had my eye. Great games, customer service, great online services, etc.

If Nintendo does not step up their attempts, they will lose the handheld market this year. If Nintendo does not refine game play and controls in the WiiU, they will lose a large chunk of the console market as well. As of now, their reputation proceeds them. They have largely innovated control schemes, and proven that their wild ideas will hold water for as long as a market exists to improve and circulate them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Trenton has trouble with gaming history said:
"Our attitude is kind of ‘welcome to the party.’ If you’re looking at being a multimedia entertainment device, if you’re looking at high def gaming, that was 2006 for us.”

If you're looking at being a multimedia entertainment device, there's something wrong with you, you cyborg wannabe.

If you want to create a multimedia entertainment device, you're looking at gaming. That was 1983 for Nintendo. They KNOW what they're doing. HD is but the icing on the cake.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
coolness said:
would it be better for sony and nintendo to work like a team?
it while give more security, anti-piracy etc
No, just no.
Nintendo=Gimmicks.
Sony=Processing Power.
Doesn't go together. Some things would work, but most don't go together, under ANY circumstances, unless theywant another Virtual Boy.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Jack is always using this technique to win customers IMO.

Remember the time when '3DS is just a babysitting tool'? There was a massive raid of sony fanboys which replied to it saying YAAA DUH WE ROX TWO THUMB STICKS

Perhaps you should lower the prices of your gadgets around the world as well Jack? Sony Singapore is always coming up with atrocious prices which you can already rip your head off.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:

Remember the time when '3DS is just a babysitting tool'? There was a massive raid of sony fanboys which replied to it saying YAAA DUH WE ROX TWO THUMB STICKS

Perhaps you should lower the prices of your gadgets around the world as well Jack? Sony Singapore is always coming up with atrocious prices which you can already rip your head off.

It does have two thumbsticks... And better graphics... And better online... Hell. even a better launch line-up (if their website is any indicator).

And yeah, fuck Sony and overpriced electronics! $250 for a Vita is insane! No company would price a handheld as... Oh wait...

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

It does have two thumbsticks... And better graphics... And better online... Hell. even a better launch line-up (if their website is any indicator).

And yeah, fuck Sony and overpriced electronics! $250 for a Vita is insane! No company would price a handheld as... Oh wait...
Well what do you know! Sony's even copying the prices for their new handheld!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

Well before it comes, we will have a bunch of games this holiday not just e3 ones.

He did say Singapore...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
bowser said:
Well what do you know! Sony's even copying the prices for their new handheld!

Actually Nintendo copied them as the PSP launched at $250. Sony are just continuing their trend.
Wouldn't say either of them copied each other...don't know why Nintendo would want to copy selling a system for $250 and vice versa, especially seeing the sales of the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P