~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I am r4ymond said:
Dialexio said:
Unfortunately, iOS 4.x runs horribly on the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G (it's not due to the jailbreak)...
frown.gif

Oh for god's sake
hate2.gif
. Of all the iOS firmwares that I could've restored to...it HAD to be 4.0+ /facepalm

...Gah, I can't take this super slow performance anymore. Is it possible to downgrade to something like 3.x with a jailbroken iPod Touch?

Here comes another 'Help A Noob With Jailbreaking' series.
frown.gif
er... yeh?
you get the .ipsw and then downgrade with itunes

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to enter DFU Mode and then Hold Shift and then click Restore on iTunes, but I get an error saying that it was unable to contact the apple software restore server or something like that...

EDIT: Plus, I can't access anything on my iPod. All it does is display USB picture and a white CD/disk with a blue song symbol on it. I can't even update or downgrade with iTunes...I tried powering off the iTouch, but it goes back to the same pic screen.
frown.gif

EDIT #2: After MANY HOURS of searching on Google, I realized that I was in a freakin Recovery Loop that drove me NUTS. Damn my curious self. I resolved the Recovery Loop by using the Recovery Loop Fixer that is found in the program iREB. I still want to downgrade back to iOS 3.x for a faster performance.

Edited via itouch
tongue.gif

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
You didn't mention having 3.1.3 SHSH Blobs, so unfortunately, you're stuck on 4.x
frown.gif

Are you absolutely sure that I can't downgrade anymore? So...the only way to downgrade from 4.x is from SHSH Blobs, in which I don't have? Isn't there any other way, whether it's complicated or not, that I can downgrade?

frown.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
metamaster said:
You didn't mention having 3.1.3 SHSH Blobs, so unfortunately, you're stuck on 4.x
frown.gif

Are you absolutely sure that I can't downgrade anymore? So...the only way to downgrade from 4.x is from SHSH Blobs, in which I don't have? Isn't there any other way, whether it's complicated or not, that I can downgrade?

frown.gif
Unfortunately, the only way to downgrade to 3.1.x is if you have SHSH blobs for those firmwares.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, is it possible for me to downgrade to 3.x on my friend's computer with iTunes? He JUST got his iPod touch a few days ago too. Though I'm not really sure if he already updated to 4.x. He pretty much has 3.1.3 on his itouch when he first received it.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SHSH Blobs are unique to every device. Otherwise, only one person would have to save them, the rest would just get them from him. Also, most iDevices ship with the latest firmware preinstalled.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you swipe your finger at the top of the iTouch (the bar with the time and the name of the iTouch), isn't it supposed to show a pop-up menu that displays "Data, Airplane Mode, Processes, and the option to "Free Up Memory"? Well, on iOS 4.1 for some reason, I cannot get that menu to pop up anymore by swiping my finger at the top bar. Did they change it or something? It was working fine on 4.0.1.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
You need to install a tweak through Cydia called SBsettings. That normally doesn't come with iOS.

Yeah when I tried swiping my finger at the top JUST when I updated to iOS 4.1, it didn't work, but after jailbreaking again and installed cydia again, it was able to show up. Thanks for the replies and the heads up.

Time to let this thread die.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong