Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know something? I fucking love James Pond.

James Pond: Underwater Agent on the Amiga...classic.
James Pond 2: Codename Robocod...classic (the GBA, DS, PSX and PS2 versions are fucking shit seeing they have different levels) and on the surface a Mario clone did so much more and introduced a lot of platforming elements that remain today.
James Pond 3: Operation Starfish..originally Splash Gordon...well not classic but pretty damn good anyway.
Aquatic Games...well ok maybe not very good.

Still I'll have a lot of space in my heart for the original Amiga versions of the first two games..anyway after the shitness of the crappy GBA/NDS version that had shitty level design and themes that didn't fit comes a all new James Pond game...yay...I think?

James Pond in the Deathly Shallows...that is a bad title

QUOTE said:
James Pond, one of the colourful cast of characters that dominated the early 90s of gaming, has returned to the gaming stage in a brand new game on iOS: James Pond in the Deathly Shallows.

While the groan-worthy title might seem another quick and easy nudge to the Harry Potter franchise, it's not without precedent. The character was originally created as a fishy riff on James Bond when his first game was published by EA back in 1990. The sequel was subtitled Robocod and incased the secret agent in a stretchable metallic body, while the third game was a nod to Flash Gordon.

Deathly Shallows returns him to his secret agent guise and going up against old foe Doctor Maybe, and returns to the underwater sections from the first game.

James Pond in the Deathly Shallows is available from the App Store for 59p.

jamespondreturns_250316.png
jamespondreturns_250320.png
jamespondreturns_250315.png

It has nothing to do with Harry Potter...no elements whatsoever. Apparently its really awful and nothing like any of the original games. Gameware developed it, I hate them and I intend to kill them. Also I swear to god Apple devices are killing gaming for them to just allow cheap shit like this to use existing game franchises and just release sub-homebrew worthy titles for shittly cheap prices. It kills the worth of games.

Source

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hadrian said:
Also I swear to god Apple devices are killing gaming for them to just allow cheap shit like this to use existing game franchises and just release sub-homebrew worthy titles for shittly cheap prices. It kills the worth of games.
There are also quality remakes like Doodlebug and Speedball 2 Evolution (which even has Amiga loading sound when it starts
wub.gif
).

It's not Apple's fault if there are evil developers out there which are in for a quick cash using our childhood memories, sadly
frown.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a finished version of the Amiga 1200 version of the James Pond 2: Robocod for GBA it featured Aquatic Games as a multiplayer mode. It was THAT version plus all the extra levels that were made. It was reviewed by GBX Magazine over here and was completed and they regarded it as the best version of Robocod and one of the greatest platformers on the GBA.

The company who developed it went bankrupted a month before they could put it into production and then they lost the rights to the shitmongers who did the GBA/NDS versions. They did not have the rights to the levels just to the sprites, two tunes and sound effects which s why they had to do a different game.

I hope one day the original GBA version of the rom appears.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, wasnt there an official nintendogs game with cats for the 3ds?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ill have no wifi for a bit so see ya later
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Gross. lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Ok seeya.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot the fly down.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush:
    +2
    oowpf What a work out it would be to help the guy get back down to normal :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't know why pizza hut has fries now
    You're joking right?
    But also by the same token, I wouldn't mind if they had potato wedges instead :)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Taco bell, and Mcdonalds both sold pizza, so its fair
    I knew of Taco Bell doing so, but Mickey Dees?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    yea years ago, small personal pizzas
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    McDonald's pizza was pretty good 🥰
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi, and it's companies, did not pull out of Russia like most did, even tho they orig said they would, so I boycott them. (Except when drunk at 2am and Taco bell is only place open.)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking 4 wings and a small pan is $9
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Plus delivery, tip, and tax...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go and get it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish there was a Sonic near me. I see the commercials all the time on TV, and the milkshakes sounds so good, esp the Oreo Cheesecake milkshake.
    +1
    Sonic for me is 60 miles away. :sad: So Nahh
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Sonic for me is 60 miles away. :sad: So Nahh