Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know something? I fucking love James Pond.

James Pond: Underwater Agent on the Amiga...classic.
James Pond 2: Codename Robocod...classic (the GBA, DS, PSX and PS2 versions are fucking shit seeing they have different levels) and on the surface a Mario clone did so much more and introduced a lot of platforming elements that remain today.
James Pond 3: Operation Starfish..originally Splash Gordon...well not classic but pretty damn good anyway.
Aquatic Games...well ok maybe not very good.

Still I'll have a lot of space in my heart for the original Amiga versions of the first two games..anyway after the shitness of the crappy GBA/NDS version that had shitty level design and themes that didn't fit comes a all new James Pond game...yay...I think?

James Pond in the Deathly Shallows...that is a bad title

QUOTE said:
James Pond, one of the colourful cast of characters that dominated the early 90s of gaming, has returned to the gaming stage in a brand new game on iOS: James Pond in the Deathly Shallows.

While the groan-worthy title might seem another quick and easy nudge to the Harry Potter franchise, it's not without precedent. The character was originally created as a fishy riff on James Bond when his first game was published by EA back in 1990. The sequel was subtitled Robocod and incased the secret agent in a stretchable metallic body, while the third game was a nod to Flash Gordon.

Deathly Shallows returns him to his secret agent guise and going up against old foe Doctor Maybe, and returns to the underwater sections from the first game.

James Pond in the Deathly Shallows is available from the App Store for 59p.

jamespondreturns_250316.png
jamespondreturns_250320.png
jamespondreturns_250315.png

It has nothing to do with Harry Potter...no elements whatsoever. Apparently its really awful and nothing like any of the original games. Gameware developed it, I hate them and I intend to kill them. Also I swear to god Apple devices are killing gaming for them to just allow cheap shit like this to use existing game franchises and just release sub-homebrew worthy titles for shittly cheap prices. It kills the worth of games.

Source

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hadrian said:
Also I swear to god Apple devices are killing gaming for them to just allow cheap shit like this to use existing game franchises and just release sub-homebrew worthy titles for shittly cheap prices. It kills the worth of games.
There are also quality remakes like Doodlebug and Speedball 2 Evolution (which even has Amiga loading sound when it starts
wub.gif
).

It's not Apple's fault if there are evil developers out there which are in for a quick cash using our childhood memories, sadly
frown.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a finished version of the Amiga 1200 version of the James Pond 2: Robocod for GBA it featured Aquatic Games as a multiplayer mode. It was THAT version plus all the extra levels that were made. It was reviewed by GBX Magazine over here and was completed and they regarded it as the best version of Robocod and one of the greatest platformers on the GBA.

The company who developed it went bankrupted a month before they could put it into production and then they lost the rights to the shitmongers who did the GBA/NDS versions. They did not have the rights to the levels just to the sprites, two tunes and sound effects which s why they had to do a different game.

I hope one day the original GBA version of the rom appears.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Worst would be getting a DRM rootkit from using audio CDs and then Sony getting sued.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Least I can throw the nvme at neighbors now
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    get a 2 TB NVMe from amazon, return the fucked one, get replacement and send that one to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Easier way buy one with a preadded heatsync pop the heat sync open
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some nerd at Amazon warehouse may tell the end of the colors off
    I'd like a 990 pro tyvm <З
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gen 5s going to be crazy expensive at like 10k transfer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $300for 2tb
    don't have anything that can take PCIe5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's still m.2 form just the next gen
    ew crucial
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 6tb nvme pc ftw