• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

January 6th hearings

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You must be a glutton for punishment. I prove you wrong every time you open your mouth and you are still dumb enough to HaHa all of my posts. It's almost like humiliation is part of the kink, right?
You proved nothing except further embarassment of yourself, and this link is no exception :) If anything, it digs your hole even deeper. I assume your kink is further humiliation and ridicule, but no surprise there.
e weren’t talking about inciting insurrections, you’re changing the subject.
No, I'm being quite direct with the subject, but thank you for providing a stray case which if anything proves the point:

"The lawsuit was filed in November 2018, just weeks after Abrams narrowly lost the governor’s race to Republican Brian Kemp. Throughout that contest, Abrams had accused Kemp, then secretary of state, of using his position as the state’s top elections official to promote voter suppression"

So rather than denying election results, she claimed something different, namely, the legality of election rules. It's a subtle, if substantial, difference. The end result may be the same, but she didn't go the Trump way about it, and more importantly, her claim wasn't baseless

https://apnews.com/article/race-and...ghts-atlanta-fb011f39af3b40518b572c8cce6e906c

unlike the claims made by Trump and his cabal.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You proved nothing except further embarassment of yourself, and this link is no exception :) If anything, it digs your hole even deeper. I assume your kink is further humiliation and ridicule, but no surprise there.

No, I'm being quite direct with the subject, but thank you for providing a stray case which if anything proves the point:

"The lawsuit was filed in November 2018, just weeks after Abrams narrowly lost the governor’s race to Republican Brian Kemp. Throughout that contest, Abrams had accused Kemp, then secretary of state, of using his position as the state’s top elections official to promote voter suppression"

So rather than denying election results, she claimed something different, namely, the legality of election rules. It's a subtle, if substantial, difference. The end result may be the same, but she didn't go the Trump way about it, and more importantly, her claim wasn't baseless

https://apnews.com/article/race-and...ghts-atlanta-fb011f39af3b40518b572c8cce6e906c

unlike the claims made by Trump and his cabal.
Abrams explicitly claimed that the election was “stolen from her” and refused to concede for 4 years, take the L instead of doubling down on a lost cause, it’s a bad look. She literally made the exact same claim Trump made, since you’re so hellbent on bringing him up for no reason.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ss-rhetorical-twist-being-an-election-denier/

She straight up said that “[she] won” and she’s “comfortable saying that” during a NYT interview *in 2019*, many months after the fact, she said the same thing during the National Action Network Convention the same year, so there’s no ambiguity here - she repeatedly claimed to be the winner.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/28/magazine/stacey-abrams-election-georgia.html

If you want to argue about what Stacey Abrams said with Stacey Abrams then knock yourself out, I’ll pass.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You claimed the Dems have never denied election results. I provided video evidence to the contrary.

You requested evidence that 50 people were murdered during the BLM riots. I provided evidence proving my statement.

You are smoking crack if you believe I have not proved anything. In fact, you can't even provide any evidence refuting me at all. You just hurl insults and claim that you won some kind of moral victory. It's no wonder the left is panicking so much lately. You make your lies so easily dismissible with a 5 second internet search, that they don't have time for people to even start believing in them. Hell, I have doubts you believe the Russian disinformation you spew on this site on a daily basis.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You requested evidence that 50 people were murdered during the BLM riots. I provided evidence proving my statement.
I don't recall ever mentioning BLM so again you're making stuff up.

Abrams explicitly claimed that the election was “stolen from her” and refused to concede for 4 years, take the L instead of doubling down on a lost cause, it’s a bad look. She literally made the exact same claim Trump made, since you’re so hellbent on bringing him up for no reason.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ss-rhetorical-twist-being-an-election-denier/

She straight up said that “[she] won” and she’s “comfortable saying that” during a NYT interview *in 2019*, many months after the fact, she said the same thing during the National Action Network Convention the same year, so there’s no ambiguity here - she repeatedly claimed to be the winner.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/28/magazine/stacey-abrams-election-georgia.html

If you want to argue about what Stacey Abrams said with Stacey Abrams then knock yourself out, I’ll pass.
Your usual lack of acumen is unsurprisingly and not at all relevant to what I said or posted or even to what you posted, since the judgment obviously went on for years.

You are smoking crack if you believe I have not proved anything. In fact, you can't even provide any evidence refuting me at all. You just hurl insults and claim that you won some kind of moral victory. It's no wonder the left is panicking so much lately. You make your lies so easily dismissible with a 5 second internet search, that they don't have time for people to even start believing in them. Hell, I have doubts you believe the Russian disinformation you spew on this site on a daily basis.
Russian disinformation? Lmao you're the one on drugs, the only ones sharing Russian propaganda and usual nonsense it's you lot far-right cucks. And as I said you proved nothing except your penchant for public embarrassment and displaying functional illiteracy.
Post automatically merged:

And as I already said conceding means nothing so...

Literally the same? Did she ask her supporters to Revolt because of a "stolen election"? And she is actively being investigated for it? My my the meaning of "same" is quite extensive.

• Haha
Reactions: TraderPatTX

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall ever mentioning BLM so again you're making stuff up.
I brought up the BLM riots because you supported them and their death tolls.
Russian disinformation? Lmao you're the one on drugs, the only ones sharing Russian propaganda and usual nonsense it's you lot far-right cucks. And as I said you proved nothing except your penchant for public embarrassment and displaying functional illiteracy.
Sharing a video of Democrats denying election results in their own words is now Russian propaganda. You have really gone off the deep end. How much is Putin paying you to spout such obvious lies? Maybe you are an FBI agent trying to censor me. Who knows.
And as I already said conceding means nothing so...

Literally the same? Did she ask her supporters to Revolt because of a "stolen election"? And she is actively being investigated for it? My my the meaning of "same" is quite extensive.
If you knew how to use the internet, you'd know that not only is Stacy Abrams under investigation, but also Senator Raphael Warnock. I'm sure you'll call this Russian propaganda too, amirite comrade.

https://news.yahoo.com/warnock-under-investigation-role-stacey-164135365.html

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your usual lack of acumen is unsurprisingly and not at all relevant to what I said or posted or even to what you posted, since the judgment obviously went on for years.
Okay, cool. This is well-documented, so I don’t really care about your opinion on the matter, the interview is *right there* for anyone to see. She claimed that the election was stolen from her and that she actually won. So did Trump. That’s an identical claim. That’s what we were talking about, I’m not interested in anything else.
If you knew how to use the internet, you'd know that not only is Stacy Abrams under investigation, but also Senator Raphael Warnock.

https://news.yahoo.com/warnock-under-investigation-role-stacey-164135365.html
Hilarious. It’s almost as if this was international news. For 4 years straight. I’d understand healthy skepticism if the story was memory holed or something, but it isn’t - there’s articles on top of articles about Abrams being a dum-dum and blaming everyone but herself for losing the Georgia elections (twice).

Reactions: TraderPatTX

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

he's in his late 40s to 50s apparently. use that information to your benefit. i want to see where you go with this.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he's in his late 40s to 50s apparently. use that information to your benefit. i want to see where you go with this.
Oh look who got released out of time out. :rofl2:

Are you allowed to come out and play again, Skeeter?

Hilarious. It’s almost as if this was international news. For 4 years straight. I’d understand healthy skepticism if the story was memory holed or something, but it isn’t - there’s articles on top of articles about Abrams being a dum-dum and blaming everyone but herself for losing the Georgia elections (twice).
I used to think it was ignorance or outright stupidity, but that's not what it is. The only thing that can explain what we are seeing here is simple trolling. There was a time when leftists could troll effortlessly. This current crop of trolls wouldn't even qualify as third string. That's how bad they are.

Last edited by TraderPatTX,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, cool. This is well-documented, so I don’t really care about your opinion on the matter, the interview is *right there* for anyone to see. She claimed that the election was stolen from her and that she actually won. So did Trump. That’s an identical claim. That’s what we were talking about, I’m not interested in anything else.
Ansem never should've said a Democrat has never cried foul over election results, that's obviously a false claim. At the same time, you're dancing around some important details and nuance here in order to avoid admitting that there are big differences between the two scenarios: namely that Abrams actually had evidence where Trump had none. Brian Kemp cancelled 1.3 million voter registrations, and suspended 53,000 of them the same month as the election. An election that Abrams just happened to lose by right around 50k votes. There's no denying that voter suppression played a big role there, and the fact that what he did was legal almost makes things even worse, not better.

More important than the claim of election/voter fraud itself is the candidate's willingness to let investigations and recounts play out rather than "taking things into their own hands," as Trump tried to accomplish vicariously through his violent mob. There's no legitimate whataboutism to be drawn on when it comes to January 6th, unless perhaps we harken all the way back to the confederacy, in which case we're talking about more of a 1:1 comparison than any sort of contrast.

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to think it was ignorance or outright stupidity, but that's not what it is. The only thing that can explain what we are seeing here is simple trolling. There was a time when leftists could troll effortlessly. This current crop of trolls wouldn't even qualify as third string. That's how bad they are.

you're back-sassing a mod and calling them a leftist troll with little in the way of evidence to prove that, with no evidence as well of them identifying with the left. you do that a lot, and you should know that a lot of people have zero stake in the culture war that is going on. did the left rape your family or something?

Reactions: Dark_Ansem and Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ansem never should've said a Democrat has never cried foul over election results, that's obviously a false claim. At the same time, you're dancing around some important details and nuance here in order to avoid admitting that there are big differences between the two scenarios: namely that Abrams actually had evidence where Trump had none. Brian Kemp cancelled 1.3 million voter registrations, and suspended 53,000 of them the same month as the election. An election that Abrams just happened to lose by right around 50k votes. There's no denying that voter suppression played a big role there, and the fact that what he did was legal almost makes things even worse, not better.

More important than the claim of election/voter fraud itself is the candidate's willingness to let investigations and recounts play out rather than "taking things into their own hands," as Trump tried to accomplish vicariously through his violent mob. There's no legitimate whataboutism to be drawn on when it comes to January 6th, unless perhaps we harken all the way back to the confederacy, in which case we're talking about more of a 1:1 comparison than any sort of contrast.

But wait, there's more;

Trump wants to fly closer to the sun than the rest. As far as I am aware, we didn't riot on Jan 6th, so there must be something wrong with the people who did.

I didn't find Trump's speech to be committed to charging the capitol. It was spoken, intentionally, to have multiple layers of interpretation, letting people hear what they want to hear. Of course the media likes to gut out context, and supplement their own, so that doesn't help objectivity.

you're back-sassing a mod and calling them a leftist troll

Haha, no he isn't.

He's agreeing with him, up to a point.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ansem never should've said a Democrat has never cried foul over election results, that's obviously a false claim.
That’s all this was about. I’m not interested in the rest because Ansem has a terrible tendency to meander through the weeds instead of addressing the actual issue that’s being discussed - he’s like a slippery eel that refuses to be nailed to a point, and I have no interest in chasing him from one bush to the next. The two situations are *obviously* not identical, one was a presidential election and one was a gubernatorial race, they’re wildly different. Our protagonists do have certain things in common though - they claimed their election was stolen, they refused to concede for a long time, they claimed that they actually won regardless of the final tally *and* they both lost their court battles. That was the argument, that’s it.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're back-sassing a mod and calling them a leftist troll with little in the way of evidence to prove that, with no evidence as well of them identifying with the left. you do that a lot, and you should know that a lot of people have zero stake in the culture war that is going on. did the left rape your family or something?
If back-sassing means to show video proof proving him wrong, then yes, I am guilty of back-sassing. If calling him out when he moves the goalposts when I prove him wrong is back-sassing, then yes, I am guilty of the 2nd charge of back-sassing.

I guess since you were put in a corner by a mod, I became quite a prolific back-sasser. It's a good thing you are back from time-out to keep me in check, Skeeter.

If all of you leftists here have zero stake in the culture war, then why do you keep defending the culture war?

And what is wrong with the Shift keys on your keyboard? Are they broken? You type like a child... oh yeah, that's right.

• Haha

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If back-sassing means to show video proof proving him wrong, then yes, I am guilty of back-sassing. If calling him out when he moves the goalposts when I prove him wrong is back-sassing, then yes, I am guilty of the 2nd charge of back-sassing.

I guess since you were put in a corner by a mod, I became quite a prolific back-sasser. It's a good thing you are back from time-out to keep me in check, Skeeter.

If all of you leftists here have zero stake in the culture war, then why do you keep defending the culture war?

And what is wrong with the Shift keys on your keyboard? Are they broken? You type like a child... oh yeah, that's right.

what if i told you...i was never a leftist all along? and the shift key is a mythological thing made up by the pizza hut that hillary clinton used to sex traffick all of those children?

we got them dead now traderpattx. we're onto their global conspiracy to feed our kids pronouns in cereal boxes.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if i told you...i was never a leftist all along? and the shift key is a mythological thing made up by the pizza hut that hillary clinton used to sex traffick all of those children?

we got them dead now traderpattx. we're onto their global conspiracy to feed our kids pronouns in cereal boxes.
It wouldn't matter if you are left or right or center. People can tell by your words that you ain't firing on all cylinders and that you are a mediocre troll.

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't matter if you are left or right or center. People can tell by your words that you ain't firing on all cylinders and that you are a mediocre troll.
i see. everyone is behind you now, rallied with their tiki torches high in air. i have to remind myself that i won't replace you ever, traderpattx.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
he’s like a slippery eel that refuses to be nailed to a point, and I have no interest in chasing him from one bush to the next
This from the guy without enough intellectual honesty to fill a teacup, who largely relies on biased sources to make ludicrous points 🤣🤣🤣🤣
they claimed their election was stolen, they refused to concede for a long time, they claimed that they actually won regardless of the final tally *and* they both lost their court battles. That was the argument, that’s it.
Again, your (deliberate) lack of acumen is astounding.

One party got his MANY legal challenges thrown out at the very beginning or dismissed after a brief process, considering they were completely baseless.

The other one had her single claim go for 4 years or so after acknowledgement of some merits existing, and ultimately the judge ruled against her only because of a strict interpretation of existing law, while agreeing that "georgian electors do face some challenges".

So no, your false equivalency is still wrong.

That’s what we were talking about, I’m not interested in anything else
No, that's what YOU were talking about, I as always made a more nuanced and extended point, which as always you decided to ignore because it didn't play in your biased narrative.

That’s all this was about.
No, that's you being illiterate and obviously being unable to read, because I never made that claim. All I did was express disbelief at the ridiculous assertion made by Trader the boomer that "Democrats have been denying elections for decades".
In your own little world perhaps
Y'all somehow decided to read that as if I somehow said "Democrats never denied an election result ever" and jumped about Stacey abrams, which happenened what, in 2019? As if somehow that proved your point against an imaginary assertion which I never stated. Again, the illiteracy of you both is not a concern of mine.

Ansem never should've said a Democrat has never cried foul over election results, that's obviously a false claim.
And in fact, I didn't say that. But those two far right trolls decided to act as if I said that. They're illiterate, so I'm sure they're not entirely in bad faith but even so. And Foxy Troxy, as usual, like the disingenuous lying troll he is, decided to take an entirely personal interpretation on something I didn't say and roll with it.

The only thing that can explain what we are seeing here is simple trolling
It's actually you and Foxy being illiterate 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,
Reactions: Lumstar

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This from the guy without enough intellectual honesty to fill a teacup, who largely relies on biased sources to make ludicrous points 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Again, your (deliberate) lack of acumen is astounding.

One party got his MANY legal challenges thrown out at the very beginning or dismissed after a brief process, considering they were completely baseless.

The other one had her single claim go for 4 years or so after acknowledgement of some merits existing, and ultimately the judge ruled against her only because of a strict interpretation of existing law, while agreeing that "georgian electors do face some challenges".

So no, your false equivalency is still wrong.

No, that's what YOU were talking about, I as always made a more nuanced and extended point, which as always you decided to ignore because it didn't play in your biased narrative.

No, that's you being illiterate and obviously being unable to read, because I never made that claim. All I did was express disbelief at the ridiculous assertion made by Trader the boomer that "Democrats have been denying elections for decades".

Y'all somehow decided to read that as if I somehow said "Democrats never denied an election result ever" and jumped about Stacey abrams, which happenened what, in 2019? As if somehow that proved your point against an imaginary assertion which I never stated. Again, the illiteracy of you both is not a concern of mine.

And in fact, I didn't say that. But those two far right trolls decided to act as if I said that. They're illiterate, so I'm sure they're not entirely in bad faith but even so. And Foxy Troxy, as usual, like the disingenuous lying troll he is, decided to take an entirely personal interpretation on something I didn't say and roll with it.

It's actually you and Foxy being illiterate 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Have a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year Dark, the section wouldn’t be the same without you.

• Haha

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year Dark, the section wouldn’t be the same without you.
your "bless your little heart" response is really not a good way to try and hold a higher ground above someone; it comes off as unwarranted arrogance from someone who has never earned it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P