Japan 3DS CFW no Pokemon Bank?

woetakuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just got a Japanese 3DS cause it was cheaper, I have it homebrewed and everything. I have not region changed it (not sure if I should)

But the MAIN PROBLEM is that when I access Pokemon Bank I get "purchase" "add credits" or exit. Mind you its still in Japanese (which is fine) but upon trying to purchase or add credits and inputting eShop gift card, I get errors and its not accepting the gift card(Thru the app and even online). Do I even need the gift card?

I thought it was free, been trying to find a way around this with no luck. Just trying to move Pokemon from Ultra Sun to Home.

Any Ideas?

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pokemon Bank is not free until the eshop closes in march 2023. For the time being it's still a paid service for one more year, and you need jpn eshop gift card if you want to add eshop credit to a jpn-region eshop.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just got a Japanese 3DS cause it was cheaper, I have it homebrewed and everything. I have not region changed it (not sure if I should)

But the MAIN PROBLEM is that when I access Pokemon Bank I get "purchase" "add credits" or exit. Mind you its still in Japanese (which is fine) but upon trying to purchase or add credits and inputting eShop gift card, I get errors and its not accepting the gift card(Thru the app and even online). Do I even need the gift card?

I thought it was free, been trying to find a way around this with no luck. Just trying to move Pokemon from Ultra Sun to Home.

Any Ideas?

Not free until next march, you need a Japanese eshop card.

woetakuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Bank is not free until the eshop closes in march 2023. For the time being it's still a paid service for one more year, and you need jpn eshop gift card if you want to add eshop credit to a jpn-region eshop.
Okay thought so, so I bought $10 JPN eShop card but it won't redeem? I get 201 errors

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know any more than this, maybe try to redeem it in the eshop itself if you can read the menus to do that without trying to buy game? Also the card should be in japanese yen, not dollars, so I suppose you're saying you got a 10$ equivalent, not an actual 10$

woetakuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: FIX! Getting the eShop card thru PlayAsia did the trick. Maybe the Eneba one was just broken, but if you don't want to risk 5-10$ in the future maybe go straight to PlayAsia

Reactions: Svinorin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He put it down when the 3ds came out