Gaming Japanese Learning 3ds games?

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,is quite I wile now that I posses a Nintendo 3ds (jap version) and the mainly reason for me to purchase it was to aid myself in the japanese study.

With it I had purchased "Fire Emblem 4" and "Monster Hunter 3G",but sadly my japanese proficiency is still not enough to play those game while understanding the dialogues.

I already posses the DS learning games,like Nazotte Oboeru,Kakitori Kun,Kanji Sonomama and so on,basically all the DS stuff recomended online to study that language.

So now I was wondering,there is anything new under the sun, but for the 3DS?
I already know the games wich use furigana and everyone talks about,but I am not looking for that kind of stuff,now I am more interested toward a 3DS game meant specifically to study japanese,like the games I mentioned for the DS :)
Anyone knows if there is anything like that on the market or if someone is working on one of those??

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, while they don't actually teach you, as long as you know the basic stuff already you should do well playing games with Furigana. Since I started Japanese classes in university a while back, I've been playing several games that have it for other systems and it helps quite a bit. For the 3DS you have all the Level 5 games and SMT IV that have furigana, aside from those though, I dunno which ones might have it for the 3DS.

Having a dictionary for words you don't know the meaning of also helps while playing those games. =3

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the reply guys :)

I am not interested in those titles with furigana because it ends up always that I have to look up to every single word,so it just became frustrating and also ruin the game experience by slowing it down (I can waste 1 hours with some simple text that in the game is meant to be read in 1 minute),an I really hate to spoil good games by playing them without fully understanding for example the meaning of a sentence, thing wich btw happens to me quite often,like ending up guessing the meaning of the sentence.

Also beign self taught in this,I really need something specifically ment to teach me japanese in some way,because I know I still lack a lot of grammar :\
Like a "My Japanese Coach" game,but less crappy XD

Anyway,in the future I'll up this topic,to check is there is anything new! :)

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend pokemon. Its easy to play in Japanese while you follow along with a walkthrough on youtube.
I don't think much if any specific learning software has come out for the 3ds. Just bite the bullet and actually study.

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's what I do every day,as you can see here (is my profile on Renshuu,click on "Achievments" :P)
Already answered 22.000 quiz questions and I know well 1500 vocabs,though is frustrating still not be able to play a game without aid x_x

I will keep studing the traditional way of course,but I really wish/hope that they will make a good version of "My Japanese Coach",with achievments,Spaced Repetition System and all :P

liquidsolidyetboth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should check out titles on jbox they have ds titles tho havent seen any 3ds titles. Here are some ds titles: Nihongo De Asobo, Dora Gana (lol Doraemon Hiragana Study),and Perfect Kanji- Kakitori Kun Vol 1 and Vol.

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the first 2 should be kid stuff,retard level,not looking for that XD (there is even need to buy a game just for kana?! they are so simple lol,one can pick them up in 1-2 weeks without effort)

Kakitori Kun,I have it,though is not very helpful as for now since is intented to be used by japanese peoples (no english text at all).

By the way,generally speaking I have saw pretty much all the lists and reviews online related to this genre of games for DS :)

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's out of discussion,I live in Italy where the crysis is kicking and where we risk to collapse like the Grece,I had to sell my pc games collection just to afford the 3ds so a new device is simply out of my reach,would be already too much to purchase a 3ds game :)
I just have to wait for this 3DS japanese learning title,wich I am sure sooner or later will be relesed.

Off Topic,do you know a site wich review pretty much all 3DS titles and would give me fairly good chance to see the game that I am looking for when it's finally released?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...