GCN Japanese Region changed GCN not booting Swiss First time

Cosmic_Link

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am having an issue with a Japanese Gamecube which I have installed a region Switch into, A Xeno Modchip and and SD2SP2 adapter. I have Swiss burned onto a disk for booting.

The problem I am having is whenever I try to boot the Swiss disk when switch is on NTSC-U region, the Swiss Disk will fail to boot and greet me with an error message that the disk could not be read. When then opening the lid, going into the system menu and closing the lid, it will boot fine from the disk menu. If I boot the console with the lid open, then close the lid and try to launch from the disk menu, it will fail to read again until I open and close the lid.

The strange thing is though, when I change the region switch to Japanese region, and boot the console, it will launch the Swiss disk right away. Not really sure what might be wrong with it, and what might be causing this issue, but if anybody might know a way to fix this, that would be great. :) I have tried cleaning the lens and further adjusting the pot with no luck. It boots retail and burnt game disks with no problems.

Its a minor annoyance more than anything, but would like to know if anybody has come across this issue before and hopefully resolve it before I end up just buying another system and getting shot of this one. :rofl2:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la