• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Jason Aldean's ragebait tactic worked, his "song" is now #1 on iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been all over the news that Jason Aldean is being attacked and reprimanded for his music video "Try That In A Small Town". From CMT to Sheryl Crow to major left-leaning news outlets, he has been lambasted on all sides. As a result, more people than ever are downloading his song, proving that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

What do you think this says about American society, in light of all of the other recent social issues and boycotts? I think that conservatives are pretty much just fed up at this point, and they are no longer afraid to stand up against what has been an onslaught of liberals attempting to control every aspect of society that they don't particularly like. Granted, just my opinion. I am not a Republican, and consider myself to be a straight up Libertarian.

What do you think about what has been, up until now, a very recent cultural shift where the right and conservatives are participating in boycotts, attending school council meetings, and standing their ground when they are attacked in the media? Do you think this will have any major impact on the elections next year?

I'm interested to see what everything thinks about this.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
left-leaning news outlets
Are you saying that disapproving of threatened lynching is something the far-right doesn't do?
I am not a Republican, and consider myself to be a straight up Libertarian.
So, a fascist wannabe as opposed to a full-fledged fascist.
more people than ever are downloading his song
It doesn't need to even be that many people, just the number of downloads, which can be boosted by far-right rich people. Or one can buy multiple times.
What do you think about what has been, up until now, a very recent cultural shift where the right and conservatives are participating in boycotts, attending school council meetings, and standing their ground when they are attacked in the media?
If their "standing grounds" are revolting then yes, they should be attacked.
I'm interested to see what everything thinks about this.
Are you? or this is another one of your attempts at whipping up flame wars or trolling with more of your disingenous, if not downright flaming, "claims"?

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying that disapproving of threatened lynching is something the far-right doesn't do?

So, a fascist wannabe as opposed to a full-fledged fascist.

It doesn't need to even be that many people, just the number of downloads, which can be boosted by far-right rich people. Or one can buy multiple times.

If their "standing grounds" are revolting then yes, they should be attacked.

Are you? or this is another one of your attempts at whipping trolling up?
No one threatened any lynching. Sigh.

Dear god, you folks need a new playbook. You can't call everyone a fascist who doesn't agree with you, especially when you have no clue what the word means.

You were okay with all of the violence in 2020, in support of a career criminal drug dealer who held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach while he robbed her, but refusing to buck down to the media over a song that CONDEMNS that violence is "revolting"? Gotcha.

You came here to attack me personally, not my argument. No one is trolling. Serious topic, which you are trying to derail with misdirection, moving the goalpost and ad hominem attacks.

Be better.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No one threatened any lynching. Sigh.

Dear god, you folks need a new playbook. You can't call everyone a fascist who doesn't agree with you, especially when you have no clue what the word means.

You were okay with all of the violence in 2020, in support of a career criminal drug dealer who held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach while he robbed her, but refusing to buck down to the media over a song that CONDEMNS that violence is "revolting"? Gotcha.
No clue eh? Libertarianism isn't famous for bright minds, guess you are no exception.

You came here to attack me personally, not my argument. No one is trolling. Serious topic, which you are trying to derail with misdirection, moving the goalpost and ad hominem attacks.
I came to remind everyone that you always do this: pretend to post a question in good faith only to throw tantrums like you do.

Be better.
Take your own advice, little guy. You got a lot of ground to cover.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hot take: lynchings are bad
Can you show me which lyric in that song supports lynching, or calls for violence? I've read through it and I can't find it. Maybe you can provide clarity.
Post automatically merged:

No clue eh? Libertarianism isn't famous for bright minds, guess you are no exception.

I came to remind everyone that you always do this: pretend to post a question in good faith only to throw tantrums like you do.

Take your own advice, little guy. You got a lot of ground to cover.
So, you don't want to discuss this, you just want to attack me. Understood.

Thanks for stopping by.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The video shows exactly what kind of violence is being condemned. The violence that I have yet to ever hear a liberal condemn.
No, the video is talking exactly to carry out the violence that is not condemned, but celebrated by whatshisname. Maybe he was still affected by the heat stroke?

Glad you were able to see at least part of it. Now, condemn it, openly.
Again, you're illiterate, as we are all condeming lynching, except you.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the video is talking exactly to carry out the violence that is not condemned, but celebrated by whatshisname. Maybe he was still affected by the heat stroke?

Again, you're illiterate, as we are all condeming lynching, except you.
Show me which lyric calls for lynching. Defend what you said.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Attack ideas, not people
You don't have any ideas or merit except this continous little game you pretend to play, thinking you're so clever using ambiguous language and word salads that mean absolutely nothing, paired with snide remarks, then throwing tantrums when the remarks are thrown back at you.

Erm erm.

"Be better". Not that you can of course.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have any ideas or merit except this continous little game you pretend to play, thinking you're so clever using ambiguous language and word salads that mean absolutely nothing, paired with snide remarks, then throwing tantrums when the remarks are thrown back at you.

Erm erm.

"Be better". Not that you can of course.
Show me which lyric calls for lynching. Not letting you off the hook. You made a claim. Now support it.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've asked you a very simple question. Are you capable of answering it or not?
I already answered you, my friend. Yes, I understand what lynching is. No lyric in that song calls for lynching.

Now, for the fourth time. If you think there is a single line in there calling for lynching, PROVE ME WRONG. It's simple. Just copy and paste the offensive line or lines here. If you could, you would have done so.

SInce you can't, all you can do is try to insult me, personally. I understand. You're angry. Anger makes it hard to use logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto