OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
THQ released the first screenshots of their title Jet Grind Radio.
The game, developed by the same authors of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, focuses on the adventure of an inline skater, maniac of spraypainting.
It's scheduled for release this March.
jgr1.gif
jgr2.gif
[/p]
More screenshots here... (Thanks to IGN)

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
Initial impressions:
The screenshots look really good, I was hoping they would be using a perspective like this.
Is it just me or are those characters cel-shaded?
My only worry about this is that it might be difficult to control but seeing as the Tony Hawk series pulled it off then that shouldn't be too difficult.
Looks like a very refreshing and fun game!

D

dereksdontrun

I gotta say, it looks kinda fuzzy. But im sure it'll turn out ok, sinse im told its made by the same peeps who bought tony hawk to the GBA.

sheld0n

Trophies
Website
unreal.gracz.net
XP
Country
Canada
it looks like its gonna be hard to see whats going on.
is you want to know how did the original look like, try this link. not all the pics are from the game, but most of them is.
to be honest, ive expected a little more. but hey, its not out yet. i didnt even play it yet. lets keep ourselfs optimistic. i dont think its gonna be like thps 3 at all, and -for me- thats a good thing. i didnt like the series on gba. but this is different.
its not about pulling off tricks (although you can do that as well), its about drawing tags on wals and running away from the police. it could be really fun!

K

killahbuzz

mad.gif
I'm an inline skater (we call ourselves rollers) and the jet grind line disappoints on so many levels. way more then games of other sports.

G

Gamemasterjd

Have not any of you people played the first JGR?!!!! It is cel-shaded, and waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy diffrent from THPS. If anything this game should be off the hook.
My Question is if they made it for Xbox and Dreamcast why not PS2 and gCN before the GBA. Any one want to discuss this with me email at [email protected] or AIM: Gamemasterjd
mad.gif

C

coolplayer2k2

duble post jk it looks very cool i cant wait and hey lol hes spraing paint on the wall whats cooler man

N

Nithr0n

What a huge disappointment...

Doesn't anyone else remember the original press release a few weeks back where someone from Sega said they were releasing a brand new Jet Set Radio game for GBA, and that it'd be in full 3D?

I was hoping they'd use the BlueRoses 3D engine from Raylight to achieve it, or at least make their own one, but they've brought out screenshots and it's, gasp, 2D!

I suppose they could make it into an alright game, but the lack of 3D really ticks me off.

arkane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.arkane.tk
XP
Country
not making it 3d is alright wid me... look what happnd to games like driver 2 it came out pretty ugly... and i think they recreated the look of jet grind radio pretty well for a handheld... i hope the gameplay would play as well as its looks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: