• Replies 322
  • Likes 23

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Resting hasn't been too easy lately for sure, and I should probably focus on it more. Just wanted to say I don't plan on dropping it yet since it's been so long.

Reactions: impeeza and Bricked

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I accidentally deleted the email so I don't remember now
I just checked the issue lately so I got you covered: https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV/issues/155

Anyway no matter how long we gotta wait, I am looking forward to the update when it comes. Until then focus on yourself, not on the opinion of possible bickerers that demand it now :)

Reactions: impeeza

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
This is not working for me, it just crashes when I try to launch it. Is this working on the latest Armosphere? or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
It's Working for the latest atmosphère and latest firmware since release of them, review your setup.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm getting this error.

Attachments

• 20220905_130709.jpg
    20220905_130709.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 51

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
JKSV doesn't work in applet mode, try to launch HBL as a title, keep pressing [R] when launching a full game
Thanks for the quick reply. I installed my HBL on the root of my SD card and launch trough the Photo Album and it always comes up as "Applet Mode". Do I have to install it another way? I got it from here: https://switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
and there's not a lot of info.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, you simply have to hold R (not ZR) while launching any title or application (even through user selection) until you reach hbmenu.
That way, the red message will disappear aswell, indicating you now have full access.
But just use the hbmenu bundled with Atmosphere, that should be sufficient.

Reactions: Zeriel

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you simply have to hold R (not ZR) while launching any title or application (even through user selection) until you reach hbmenu.
That way, the red message will disappear aswell, indicating you now have full access.
But just use the hbmenu bundled with Atmosphere, that should be sufficient.
OH OK THANKS! I was doing it in the Album instead of a game so it wasn't working for me lol.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
no install, launch, instead of select the Photo Album, go to ANY GAME and keep pressing the [R] button while you load it, the HBL will load as an app and JKSV will work fine.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys, I hope this is the right place to ask. How save is it to use JKSV in sysnand? I couldnt find any direct answer to it online.
Using Homebrew on SysNAND is in general safe, which is not is use pirated or modded content or use cheats.

using the search function at top of site for "Avoid get banned" the first result is:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/avoid-getting-banned.608201/

is a great tutorial about how to avoid to get banned.

manleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Since I barely ever check in here anymore, I'll take this opportunity to leave a small update. I re-implemented something I was going to add a year ago. Someone asked me and I also saw someone else say it's impossible thanks to recent events... JKSV can now export the data needed to create saves for games you don't own. I know even I'm late to the party on this one, but I guess Smash has some bonus for having a Kingdom Hearts save on your Switch. I call them SVI's. They're just the titleid, NACP, and icon thrown into a binary file. I haven't done a release yet though, mostly because...

I was looking through a flash drive to find the NSP building files and found an old prototype-ish sysmodule and fixed it up a bit and it still works. It runs after you close and game and backs up your save in the background. JKSV will be needed to configure it once I'm done. It's limited and can't do zip, but why let it go to waste?

Last is some kind of cloud support. I'm working on it all and none of it is going to happen overnight, unfortunately. I'm only one guy and basically write some stuff when I can before I fall asleep at night.

Are there any errors in the log file? Commit errors are one of the few things I do log in general. Usually commit errors are thrown if more data is written than there is journal space and you try to commit it all at once.

Thanks for all the effort working on the project.
would like to check with the SVI save function, how does it work in a way?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks for all the effort working on the project.
would like to check with the SVI save function, how does it work in a way?
from the readme on the github repository (https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV#info):

Export and use SVI files to create save data for titles not installed on your system. For games that detect other game saves to unlock content.
  • SVI files are simply the title ID, NACP, and icon packed into a file. Placing them in JKSV/svi will load them as if they are any other game on your switch. They will appear in the save creation menus with the rest.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small kinda update guys. Bad news. Mid October didn't happen and I don't know exactly when anything will get done. I've only had the weekends to really do anything and I've been using that time to chill out, write music and play guitar, because I really need it right now. I'm not gonna bore you with all of the details but work didn't calm down as it should this time of year. If anything changes I'll let everyone know.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Small kinda update guys. Bad news. Mid October didn't happen and I don't know exactly when anything will get done. I've only had the weekends to really do anything and I've been using that time to chill out, write music and play guitar, because I really need it right now. I'm not gonna bore you with all of the details but work didn't calm down as it should this time of year. If anything changes I'll let everyone know.
Do you have Discord? I've been struggling to find time to update my save manager too but it looks like we have some common goals. I've already got a setup working where users can just login to Google via the web applet and have cloud saves working with zero configuration on the PC side (I've had it working for 2+ years now). No 100 user limit, but to bypass it there are some drawbacks. Even if you don't want to work together I can definitely share some source code (my save manager is currently closed source) and knowledge. My cloud save system is working perfectly, I'm just trying to find the time to rewrite the UI and make cloud saves more robust. The library I have for interfacing with Google's REST API has no error handling, but it looks like you've already got your own library for JKSV and it's just the login side you need to figure out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2