Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Miniseries, set in the John Wick universe, tells about the history of the Continental hotel and expands on the backstory and lore of the assassin underworld.

I love to see some more over-the-top gun-fu.

Could be good.

Reactions: mrgone

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Mel Gibson is gonna carry this show by himself, and even then who's to say it'll be good (apart from his scenes). I am hoping for the best, of course.

This reminds me of Sweet Tooth in Twisted Metal by Peacock too, his scenes were the best, and Agent Stone.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think so? I think it's more likely just stunt casting to draw in viewers and he'll only appear in a few scenes.
Cast: https://imdb.com/title/tt6486762/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_3

The outstanding actor from there is definitely Mel Gibson while the others aren't too well known, IMO. Colin Woodell is the second on the list so he'll probably play an important role.

They better not have spent their budget on Gibson alone and the rest of the show is just garbage. 😆

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what "stunt casting" means.
Hiring a well known actor for a supporting or bit role, just so you can have them in the trailer and lure in viewers.
I'm going with low expectations as it is so can't be too disappointed if it turns out poorly.

Twisted Metal also from Peacock wasn't all that great, imo (there wasn't a whole lot of combat cars which is what TM is about), but I loved Sweet Tooth's scenes. Then again, he's on every cover so if they screwed up his character the show would be done for me.

twisted-metal-game-covers-1779619742.jpg

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought Gibson was basically cancelled for his weird erratic antisemitic behaviour. Wonder what kind of audience they're trying to pull with him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mid