Hacking Joyflow a mod of wiiflow

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there any progress on the speed issue or the game update partitions?

...and how's the hard drive?
smile.gif

I'll still get and send that data you want if you want, but I must admit I pretty much went back to discEx loading for now. If I'm going to have to convert half of my collection to get it to play, the end result may as well play at normal speed...

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the upcoming week there will be a major change for JoYflow. For this I have to take a short break on the custom DI module with wbfs support

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wever said:
Is there any progress on the speed issue or the game update partitions?

...and how's the hard drive?
smile.gif

I'll still get and send that data you want if you want, but I must admit I pretty much went back to discEx loading for now. If I'm going to have to convert half of my collection to get it to play, the end result may as well play at normal speed...

i have 225 discex games (all my collection)

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey OverjoY, Is there code support for channels like geck os? If so how do you get it working? I've got my gct file in the gct folder, but when I launch the game channel via joyflow in uneek, it does not work. Nor does mighty channels for that matter.

So far the only method I've manged to get codes to work is in uneek with geckoos as a channel. And even then I can only have so much loaded into uneek or geckoos will freeze and my usb hard drive stops responding. I haven't figured out the limit yet but it's some where between 300 800 items installed to your nand.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never tried or used this. If it's working in regulair Wiiflow it should also work the same way in JoYflow. If it doesn't work there's something in UNEEK that blocks it. The channel stuff is untouched in JoYflow

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a Wiiflow disciple and when I have just recently discovered this...well let's say I am still drooling.

I just wanted to know if I am using Wiiflow and Mighty Channels, JoYflow should work?

happy, happy joy joy....

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah...what zizer says. You can certainly use the same emulated nand from mighty channels (assuming this emu-nand is in the root folder and the drive is FAT32 with 32bit cluster size*), but you still need the other stuff from sneek/uneek as well.

As for wii-games...if you stored them as .wbfs files on your FAT32 drive*, then you can use the custom module in this thread to compile a custom sneek/uneek-version that can handle your games.
...but personally, I'd go with discex format at the moment. .wbfs handling isn't as smooth (yet?) as it could be.

*this can be either SD-card or USB-drive. for sd-card, you follow the sneek installation, for usb drive, the uneek one

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully I am not going off the topic slightly? Mind you I have Mighty Channels working fine.

All I am after is to play my existing wiiware off Joyflow

Uneek to work I used SNEEKInstaller v0.6c to ge this:

Filestructure for UNEEK:
sd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
sd:\sneek\kernel.bin (boot2_usb.bin)

usb:\sneek\kernel.bin (boot2_usb.bin)
NAND
usb:\import
usb:\meta
usb:\shared1
usb:\shared2
usb:\temp
usb:\title
usb:\ticket
usb:\sys

Does (boot2_usb.bin) mean to rename the kernal.bin?

There is something blatently obvious that I am missing?

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, I have now just used ModMii for the first time, it says you need 4.2 for uneek to work? I have 4.0. Does that mean your original nand or emulated?

Also where is font.bin from?
And I do need to rename the kernal.bin file?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. ModMii means your emulated NAND, and I think that it recommends 4.2 only as best option for that.
2. You can find font.bin on the Google Code page of sneek / uneek here
3. no just put the kernel.bin on the sd card / on your hdd as it is

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LinkFan16 said:
1. ModMii means your emulated NAND, and I think that it recommends 4.2 only as best option for that.
2. You can find font.bin on the Google Code page of sneek / uneek here
3. no just put the kernel.bin on the sd card / on your hdd as it is

will see how I go

1. Thank you
2. Thank you
3. Thank you
4. Thank you to Scooby also

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
drvipej said:
Firstly, I have now just used ModMii for the first time, it says you need 4.2 for uneek to work? I have 4.0. Does that mean your original nand or emulated?

Also where is font.bin from?
And I do need to rename the kernal.bin file?

the better thing is if you use modmii. From main menu, enter S, than enter 3, so the program compile for you the file of sneek/uneek ( choise what) and the custom emulated nand ( pal or ntsc and firmware).
it gives you also font.bin and di.bin

sneek DI
kernel.bin = boot2_di.bin

sneek
kernel.bin= boot2_sd.bin

Uneek
kernel.bin=boot2_usb.bin

UneekDI
kernel.bin= boot2_usb.bin

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
(note: to get sneek/uneek working, this page has a lot of usefull info in addition to modmii)

On-topic: I'm having problems with wii motion plus games. Red steel 2, wii sports resort and wii motion: plus start with those "how to use wii motion plus" videos...but choosing 'go back to game' just restarts the same menu.

I know the trick on how to get them to work on USB loaders that use the real nand (switching the alternate.dol and player.dol on the disc), but this option isn't available in joyflow. Is there something I'm missing for these games?

(note: I have transferred the savegames from my real nand, so that isn't a solution)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, krustday krab