SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have only modified vWii. I have not modified Wii U. Ill be glad to help if Wii U mod is not required.
Well... I think you have need to softmod the Wii U...
Since I made SRLs to be bootable from the Wii U Menu, by installing WUPs (Wii U Channel forwarders) and then launching them, some using also sign_c2w_patcher.
Are you still able to help?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I think you have need to softmod the Wii U...
Since I made SRLs to be bootable from the Wii U Menu, by installing WUPs (Wii U Channel forwarders) and then launching them, some using also sign_c2w_patcher.
Are you still able to help?

Im sorry my friend, i cannot help you with this project.

Reactions: SaulFabre

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playstation update (volume fix) ... I have not yet updated path to new WiiSXRX 2022 ... waiting to see if the apps path will be changed.

------

OpenBOR update (volume fix).

------

Added forwarders for Wolfenstein and Spear of Destiny for Wii only.

I tested the vWii and they boot and play fine but when exiting the games, stack dump always occurs. This happens using Comex and Waninkoko.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated paths to stay current with newer emulators and also added a White set. I also added links to download complete sets for convienience.

Attachments

• SEGA WHITE.png
    SEGA WHITE.png
    918 KB · Views: 16
  • NINTENDO WHITE.png
    NINTENDO WHITE.png
    819.1 KB · Views: 14
  • NEOGEO CD.png
    NEOGEO CD.png
    875.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: rexus_pl

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for your job.

I've just installed some white forwarders and they looks amazing - much better than previous ones (for me, ofc). Any chance to get image of real hardware instead of mascots (at least for white set - background and flying titles would remain as is)?

Also two requests:
- Wiiengine (I know this is very old and not the best emulator) and DosBox forwarders
- custom locations hidden from Homebrew Channel for emulators, that uses whole folder in the root of SD card (eg. Wiistation na WiiSXRX - sd://wiisxrx/boot.dol, Not64 - sd://not64/boot.dol etc.)

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your job.

I've just installed some white forwarders and they looks amazing - much better than previous ones (for me, ofc). Any chance to get image of real hardware instead of mascots (at least for white set - background and flying titles would remain as is)?

Also two requests:
- Wiiengine (I know this is very old and not the best emulator) and DosBox forwarders
- custom locations hidden from Homebrew Channel for emulators, that uses whole folder in the root of SD card (eg. Wiistation na WiiSXRX - sd://wiisxrx/boot.dol, Not64 - sd://not64/boot.dol etc.)
Thank you for your appreciation, most of these forwarders took some effort. When initially making these, i loved the Gold look and still do.

My intention was to make the White set for vWii users since i thought it would really pop off the screen and not so dark. Then i realized how well the white looked on both Wii and WiiU.

Long story short, i agree the White set is superior to the Gold visually, the whites are installed on all 3 Wii's and my WiiU. Only WiiMC needs to be fixed, but i hav'nt had the time recently.

Yes, i can definitely make DOSBox forwarder and can add path for WiiEngine TG16 also. I'll see if i can direct the boot.dol path as you mentioned also.

Regarding request of using the real hardware art, it is very difficult to find HQ art for most. If you could provide a link to clean images, i would do my best.

Reactions: rexus_pl

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Using just Bing images easy leads to high-resolution, transparent (or with white backogrund) images (just filter your results). Unfortunately, I can't say much about licences of that images. Some of them comes from free sources (eg. here is very good image of Neo Geo CD found this way), some from private blogs etc. Bing says "image might be copyrighted"... and nothing more.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the white set i cant get the GBA forwarder to work with mGBA it gives me a black screen it works with the old runningsnakes forwarder its the one i use.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, looks like when i updated the forwarders i used v14 instead of v12 forwarding dol and it broke mGBA compatibility. Then when testing, forwarders always look alphabetically first for any acceptable path and i have emGBA also installed in my apps folder which worked. Sorry for this, it has been fixed, i will upload here very soon.
Post automatically merged:

Here are updated Wii GBA forwarders.

All Wii & vWii forwarder links have been updated.with GBA fix.

Attachments

• GBA - RunningSnakes (EGB1) - (emGBA) (mGBA) (ra-mgba) Black.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • GBA - RunningSnakes (EGB2) - (emGBA) (mGBA) (ra-mgba) Black 2.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • GBA - RunningSnakes (EGB3) - (emGBA) (mGBA) (ra-mgba) Gold.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • GBA - RunningSnakes (EGB3) - (emGBA) (mGBA) (ra-mgba) White.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: ber71

Site & Scene News