Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Raiser said:
so... what are their intentions?
It is an Order adopting the parties’ agreement.... all wrong... READ it !

The whole thing about "private" video is - again - weird.

QUOTE said:
EFF mischaracterizes the scope of the YouTube subpoena. For example, whereas SCEA’s proposed
subpoena to YouTube seeks identifying information corresponding only to those who have posted comments in
response to Mr. Hotz’s video demonstrating his circumvention devices, the EFF claims that SCEA “seeks
information regarding persons who have accessed a video apparently posted on YouTube by defendant George
Hotz.” This is incorrect; SCEA does not seek information regarding those who have accessed the video from the
time it was first posted. Instead, SCEA seeks information corresponding to the individuals who accessed the video
after it became “private.”

Accordingly, the parties agreed that subject to this Court’s entry of an order, SCEA may proceed to serve its subpoenas
on Bluehost, Twitter, Google, YouTube, and Softlayer for purposes of jurisdictional discovery.
(The parties were unable to agree on service of the subpoena to PayPal, Inc. regarding Mr. Hotz’s PayPal account.)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Here's the thing. A person, with a PS3 or not, will go to Youtube to do their normal video-surfing. Geohot's video is shown on the suggested list. Said person clicks the link, wanting to see what it's all about. By the court ruling, Sony now has the right to know that person's IP Address.
For the video, they're only requesting it after it was removed from the public list.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Rydian said:
DiscostewSM said:
Here's the thing. A person, with a PS3 or not, will go to Youtube to do their normal video-surfing. Geohot's video is shown on the suggested list. Said person clicks the link, wanting to see what it's all about. By the court ruling, Sony now has the right to know that person's IP Address.For the video, they're only requesting it after it was removed from the public list.

But the link remains private only if you do not share via twitter etc... like some music demos... Don't know how smart was Mr Holtz ...

See Doe, 713 F. Supp. at 1095-96 (finding subpoena was brought in good faith where the party could
reasonably believe that the subject matter was relevant to asserted its defense).

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not reading 10 pages of discussion (as I'm a litle bit drunk at the time of posting) but they may want to show how MANY people saw those things.

But if that's the case, this is pretty silly! I don't even own a ps3 (I was inclined to buy one before this particular event btw), so I'm not important to this case.

It's ridiculous.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I'm not sure what that means.
smile.gif

Sony. What the hell are you gonna do with these IPs anyway?

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/03/g...site-unmasking/
QUOTESony told Spero, a San Francisco magistrate, that it needed the information for at least two reasons.
One is to prove the “defendant’s distribution” of the hack. The other involves a jurisdictional argument over whether Sony must sue Hotz in his home state of New Jersey rather than in San Francisco, which Sony would prefer. Sony said the server logs would demonstrate that many of those who downloaded Hotz’s hack reside in Northern California — thus making San Francisco a proper venue for the case.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that Sony and this Judge haven't read the US Constitution. AT ALL. The case is being processed in the US, so there's no excuse.

Sony is now being boycotted in this household. Happy I sold my PS3.

Eric345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and You know what? Sony, go away. You aren't the law, and you can't sue the internet. You've lost, be like Nintendo and just accept it already.

AND STOP CARING YOUR OWN RIGHTS!!!!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This judge is either corrupt or doesn't know shit about technology, which is why most electronic patent laws and such are held in the mid-south of the U.S., where owning a telephone is considered being tech-savvy.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Even if the Court was to reach the substance of the amicus curiae letter, the EFF’s
assertions are without merit. The proposed subpoenas agreed to by the parties do not implicate
the “free speech” concerns suggested by the EFF.

This is a fable... One conclusion : HE don't care about YOUR privacy .
QUOTE“I think the these subpoenas, the information they seek, is inappropriate,” said Corynne McSherry, a staff attorney with the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Good Luck on saving your a.. (eof)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only way to make Sony lose their money is spread your friends and families not to buy NGP and SONY PS3 anymore. That's simple.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My I.P. ehhh? ...They can have it....I'd like to see them take any action against me for simply looking at a website.....I bet they can't do it....

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what magical lawyers Sony has up there sleeves that can get me in genuine trouble for LOOKING AT A YOUTUBE VIDEO. Seriously, should we really be afraid? I think not.
smile.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I wonder what magical lawyers Sony has up there sleeves that can get me in genuine trouble for LOOKING AT A YOUTUBE VIDEO. Seriously, should we really be afraid? I think not.
smile.gif
No one said you were going to be getting into trouble... but that's not the issue.
The issue is that this is a crazy amount of power given to Sony by the judge.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Slyakin said:
smile.gif
No one said you were going to be getting into trouble... but that's not the issue.
I understood that. It just seems that Sony is doing whatever it takes to get people into some serious shit.

That's just how they're acting.
frown.gif

Elvarg

Zyzz™
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
twiztidsinz said:
Slyakin said:
smile.gif
I understood that. It just seems that Sony is doing whatever it takes to get people into some serious shit.

That's just how they're acting.
frown.gif

What if you visited the site from a different country arnt there different juristrictions and laws about copyright laws.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one