KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think we should translate, JUS. At the very least we should translate the menu's. I've been looking through the files through a hex editor that supports Unicode. Now I've found a couple folder names that might look like they have to do with the menu

- topmenu > topmenu.aar
- title > title.aar
- bin > title.bin

There may be some more, but these are the ones that seem more likely to be something involving the menu. Translating the graphics shouldn't be a something thats a big deal since most of the graphics have subtitles that are already in english for some reason.

If you feel like helping, then read
http://www.4shared.com/file/3636881/1f5f088d

that to get some info on this stuff if your a new comer.

By myself, I will fall, but together, we shall succeed!

The Project has started!

To start helping with the translation. Go

Gilrad's quasi-official Jump Ultimate Stars Translation Project FAQ

Q: When will it be ready?
A: When it's ready. We would like it done by October, but we're not making any promises.

Q: Will there be any beta patches?
A: None are planned.

Q: Why are some things past 100% co--
We know! we know! It's a result of many passages being translated twice. Nothing to worry about.

Q: What can I do to help, even though my Japanese is bad/nonexistent?
A: Well then! This is where we could use some help:

Translation: You would be surprised how many one-word lines are still left untranslated. Grab Perapera-kun and take a crack at it.

Clean-up: Get in contact with beutifulbeast, he's been quiet on this front but maybe he still needs some cleanup help.

Re-write: Anime descriptions and trivia are not going to be translated. Rather, we are going to re-write them. Contact FAST6191 if you're interested.

Recruit! If you know somebody who is good at Japanese, we could use him!

Q: Will our old saves work with the patch?
A: Tests show that they will.
here

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see this happen. Sadly, I don't know a bit of Japanese or much about editing game files, so I cannot help...directly, at least.
If you need someone to translate from Japanese text to English, I have a friend that knows a bit of Japanese, and if you need someone to help do coding or whatever I have a couple friends that could help with that... But no guarantees.
If you specify which of those two main parts of game translation you need help with, then I would know which friends to ask. If you need both, I'll contact them all.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit:
I am still playing with stuff behind the scenes but deufeufeu made a fork to get some releases out there so for those who want to play a partially finished patch/something more stable have a go at deufeufeu's project:
Stable thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=71200
WIP stuff can be found via that thread although it is requested you do not said thread as a discussion for the unstable stuff.
koma thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=71630

Original post.
Having looked through the game most of this title seems to use compressed graphics (not critical but not ideal, the original uses uncompressed GBA formats) and I do not know what mechanism for compression is used.

The text on the other hand I have looked at and it is shift_JIS like loads of other DS titles (I forget the extensions/files used but the were obviously named), the only issue is that to translate is going to be a pain:
The translator will require colloquial/obscure Japanese knowledge (if only because of the names of the moves and romanising is not something I would suggest doing in the case)
Fair English knowledge to effect a translation (once again these names/descriptions)
Knowledge of the originating manga/anime would not go amiss either.

This places it well above my level, I could however drum up a script dump in next to no time.

supercard_lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's take things one step at a time. Now, I happen to know that for the most part, few people have attempted this because it's difficult to find the language files.

I think that you should find the language files first. If you do that, I bet you'll be able to get some people to help. First things first.

Figure out how to do it first, THEN do it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@supercard_lover We have the language files (I was staring at a dump of the help files as I wrote that) and they are in a well known and well used character set, it is merely a matter of translation.

For the record most DS roms use ASCII, unicode, shift_JIS or capcom (which is readable in a basic hex editor) character sets. You do not even have to resort to corruption or even relative searching for most DS roms as the files are staring right at you (or are a quick disassembly away).

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, we just need to do the actual japanese to english translations?
If that's it, I would think that it would be fairly easy to do the menus, just by seeing what you get when you select them. Like, look at the characters that are on the button for, say, story mode, find them in the unpacked rom, and replace them with the word "Story". Repeat for all the other menu buttons.
If you need names and stuff translated, I have a friend that has some knowledge of the Japanese text and the names of the characters.
Though, maybe its not that easy, what do I know.

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can post them here and maybe do a group translation thing where anyone can translate what they know. ★

D

Deleted User

graphics is packed in archive, headers are like
id offset size pad filename
then the file is lzss encoded.
hope this help

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember a site translation.rl or something like that had been translating the original jump game...but they didn't seem to get very far and haven't released an update in a while. i also have a friend who knows a little japanese and could possibly help.

supercard_lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a suggestion. You don't have to take it, and it's probably as stupid as my last one. (Don't even try. The fact was that my last suggestion WAS stupid. So there) Anyway, if you can figure out how to post japanise charicters here, post them. It's always better to try to reach out to others than make them reach out to you.

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS PROJECT! I KNOW, THESE TRANSALATION PROJECTS USUALLY NEVER GET OFF THE GROUND, SO LET'S MAKE SURE THIS ONE DOES!!! I VERY MUCH ENCOREGE THIS. I'LL HELP IF I CAN BUT I DON'T THINK I CAN WITH MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.

ngiahz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hate to burst your bubble, but there is already one out there. search gamefaqs for it. its great, i used it when i was playin the game even though i have some japanese knowledge (damn kanji =P )

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see this take off. Maybe I'll get off my Lazy butt and unpack my JUS rom with DSLazy...Oh wait, I don't have to get up to do that
tongue.gif
. All I have to do is download DSlazy and use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've owned both iPhone and Androids over the years. Both are just as good, other than Apples higher price. I'm currently on Android, Samsung S21 I think, and very happy with it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got my 60 minute steps in whew
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I get mine in everyday, going back n forth to the fridge for a beer.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6,000 steps in so far legs almost broke getting off
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your mind gets in a werid pattern of just finishing then when you're done you're like I need a soda
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your mind gets in a werid pattern of just finishing then when you're done you're like I need a soda