'Just Cause 4' gets new gameplay trailer

just cause 4.jpg

After being revealed back in June for E3, Square Enix landed a brand new trailer for the upcoming Just Cause 4 focusing for the first time on the gameplay elements.

Players will experience fully physicalized, gigantic Tornados rip through the landscape, send huge pieces of debris spiralling through the air and tear airplanes out of the sky. Once in its path, the trajectory of every object is being calculated in real-time, opening up unique and brand new gameplay opportunities only available in JUST CAUSE 4.

Rico’s grappling hook makes a return in JUST CAUSE 4. Now enhanced with new functionality and fully customisable, it is the most powerful and creative tool the player has ever had. This video highlights some of these key new features including the ability to remotely attach multiple boosters and airlifters to any object in the game.

JUST CAUSE 4 releases December 4th 2018 on Xbox One, PC and PS4.

Reactions: CaffeinatedOwl

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My "open world ran out of ideas so gimmick" alarm went off when they were spending so much time on the tornado. The other bits however make it seem like some nice refinements to combat and movement.
Speaking of movement those animations were nice.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just playing JC3 now.

It’s good, but so freaking Repetitive.

I hope this is more varied.
The point of Just Cause is really just to blow shit up in the most creative or silly ways you can think of. It's super repetitive if you just do the missions, it's much more of a sandbox type thing. Some people love that, others get bored fast.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The point of Just Cause is really just to blow shit up in the most creative or silly ways you can think of. It's super repetitive if you just do the missions, it's much more of a sandbox type thing. Some people love that, others get bored fast.
While "ability to dick around" is probably key to any sandbox game there are plenty that stave off boredom better for me than Just Cause seems to manage. As I type this I am not sure I can put into words what it is (and I have a lot to say otherwise about making games compelling) but there is something.

D

Deleted User

I'll probably enjoy it for a few hours and then get bored, maybe a bit more if the driving isn't complete shit like the last three entries.

NoThisIsStupider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just Cause 3 is one of my all time favorite games, just going around 100%ing the map is a really fun time. Just Cause 2 was pretty cool back in the day, but the movement was far too clunky, JC3 nailed it though. Although JC3 is pretty samey, and the entire map kinda merges together because they recycled so many models. This looks to be more of the same as JC3, maybe a touch of extra variety? Might just wait for the price to drop, still haven't finished 100%ing 3 anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh