Hacking Just what is possible in Full Softmod (No GW/Flashcart) CFW?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the moment, it looks accurate to the best of what I know. Thanks for setting up the topic, I think it's good to have all the current knowledge in one place.

codeclutch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be good for newcommers, but I have some corrections to do :
- YES you can play 3dsx games if you have a Cubic Ninja cia.
- Some 7.x< games work. Nearly none, but some, for example Fantasy Life.
Wait what issues are there with fantasy life? I've got about 26 hours on my copy right now and haven't seen anything wrong?

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this part of the FAQ will need some clarification(s) :

.3DS files are 3DS ROM dumps. As far as I know you can't load 3DS roms at all even when using Ninjhaxx.
.3DSX / ELF files are basically homebrew files, this is possible when using Ninjhaxx.

Also if the homebrew has a CIA version then you can use it using the CFW only.

As for ROMS converted to CIA, it really depends on the game itself. For example, Pokemon X / Y only requires 5.0 Firmware, but won't work because of save file issues while Persona Q, a Firmware 8.0 game can be converted succesfully without issues.

Reactions: Margen67

miamore

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I personally upgraded my xl with some cfw tutorial and honestly I see no reason to run it. It wouldn't load most of the time and if it did I couldn't make half of my cart based games into cias. And as I said after I tried a tutorial about emunand without gateway that bad boy was gone. Sitting in GameStop as a used product now...I'll wait for a proper 7.x cfw or should I say 9.5 since Nintendo and their effing encryption.

you just have to be patient in accessing CFW. because after accessing it. just try not to turn off your 3ds to keep CFW activated. theres a site on the web where you ca
Yes.
By formatting either of them (take out the SD card if you're formatting sysNAND, or back it up if you're formatting the CFW).
Yes.

when I reformatted my SYSNAD without the memory card. the CFW began to stopped working when you press the nintendo DS profile.. it opens up.. and theres no way I can CFW anymore.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
you just have to be patient in accessing CFW. because after accessing it. just try not to turn off your 3ds to keep CFW activated. theres a site on the web where you ca

when I reformatted my SYSNAD without the memory card. the CFW began to stopped working when you press the nintendo DS profile.. it opens up.. and theres no way I can CFW anymore.
Patience has nothing to do with how buggy it is and the fact that a list of games is growing of titles that you can't cfw spoof. Wait for a real cfw guys its bound to happen eventually

ewin00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
look how poor that leaked cfw (govnifycfw) as you see theres no dev ever touch it only palatine which only just redirect access point for devmenu instalation. and now you see theres lot of softmod or cfw which is not piracy like rxtool (just need legit cia) ntr cfw absolutely againts P (cursed word) and karl (still on development : so much hype ) so yeah i thats that. idk just saying tho (weird). and if theres some dev wiling to just fix that leaked cfw to be more stable thats gonna be great. just to be more stable nothing more.

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so let's say the only things I want to do is keep my system on an exploitable firmware, while still being able to buy things from the ehop; download dlc and things like smash bros updates; and play retail games(from the cartridge) that are released with new encryption methods. How many SD cards do I need, and will I need to swap them to switch between any of the above?

codeclutch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so let's say the only things I want to do is keep my system on an exploitable firmware, while still being able to buy things from the ehop; download dlc and things like smash bros updates; and play retail games(from the cartridge) that are released with new encryption methods. How many SD cards do I need, and will I need to swap them to switch between any of the above?
You should be able to use gateway menu to format emunand, then install rxtools, update the emunand, and then access shop like you desire, while keeping your sysnand at a lower firmware (like say 4.x like myself). Since you're not focusing on pirating, you'd be able to do this quite easily. if you needed to load cfw though, it would have to be done on another card.
Also, just in case you are tempted to try if for whatever reason, region changing your emunand will break eshop access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH