Kaeru WFC - a hackless way for keep playing online on Nintendo WFC on DS/DSi games, using Wiimmfi

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
So here it is, supposedly the very first hackless way for keep playing the online (Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or Nintendo WFC) multiplayer modes on various Nintendo DS / Nintendo DSi games, by using/connecting directly to the Wiimmfi (http://wiimmfi.de) servers.

Kaeru WFC

For use it, you don't need to have your DS/DSi/3DS hacked, just do these steps:

1. Open the "Nintendo WFC Settings" menu in any WFC-enabled DS game. On Nintendo DSi, you can also go into System Settings -> Internet, using the first three slots. On Nintendo 3DS, go into System Settings -> Internet Settings -> Nintendo DS Connections.
  2. Select "Wi-Fi Connection Settings" and select the slot you wish to use. (If you haven't already done so, you'll need to set up a Wi-Fi connection profile using a compatible WEP or unsecured access point.)
  3. Scroll down and set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No", then set both Primary DNS and Secondary DNS to this:

4. Finally, save the new settings - you can run a connection test, if you like - and exit the WFC menu.​
Personally i only tested Mario Kart DS but it works flawlessly! :D

It works on:
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo DSi
  • Nintendo 3DS/2DS
  • melonDS (yes, it works on melonDS too, since version v0.9.5)!
You can get more info about this project and support here: https://kaeru.world/projects/wfc

(DISCLAIMER: I do not own nor made this project, i'm just letting know this for all GBAtempers and DS players.)

Greetings! :D

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...