AngeloftheNight091

OP
Trophies
Website
www.snowpointtemple.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just recently ordered two of the Katsukity New 3DS XL Capture Consoles and was wondering if it was possible to view two consoles on the same computer. For example, being able to show two consoles at the same time.

I have had a Katsukity console before, and it worked well, but Never had two to try it out with. I know Loopy's 3ds Capture Consoles & DS Capture Consoles work with Multiple.

Anyone attempt this before? I have heard rumors that it doesnt work.

Thanks

Angelofthenight091

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Katsukity one tends to have bad soldering, they do poor soldering to the point people have to sent it in for repair, a lot of people complained about them.

AngeloftheNight091

OP
Trophies
Website
www.snowpointtemple.com
XP
Country
Canada
Katsukity one tends to have bad soldering, they do poor soldering to the point people have to sent it in for repair, a lot of people complained about them.
My one I had just replaced I had from him for 4 years no issues. The Solder held its place but the card died. I checked the solder connections myself.

My 2 Loopy consoles are still flawless though.
Your post didnt really answer my question though.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My one I had just replaced I had from him for 4 years no issues. The Solder held its place but the card died. I checked the solder connections myself.

My 2 Loopy consoles are still flawless though.
Your post didnt really answer my question though.

Well my intention was just telling you that Katsukity version tends to be poor soldered, nothing more, since I don't own one, as far as I have seen people only ran one unit at one, haven't seen anyone ran two Katsukity 3DS at the moment, so can't help you on that.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume you can, but only way to know for sure is just wait when you get it. I've seen several Youtubers/Twitch streamers ended up having their cards die out by Katsukity as well from constant usage
My Vita capture card from Kity still works after 5 years mainly b/c I don't stream on it too much. Loopy is great b/c it seems to outlast the Kitty's card and has its own recording software I bought one from him back in Aug, 2013 still works today with CFW, I think the only downside is gameplays will look jaggy pixelated if stretched to a single screen.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't spell

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, thank you..

If anyone else has used Katsukity and has multiple units, can you use two on one PC?
No, the amount of data that is transferred over the usb is pretty much near the transfer limit and that is with one unit. If you want 2 units on one screen, your better off having a monitor with the ability to display 2 inputs at the same time; it is called Screen Split and multi inputs if your looking at the features of monitors.

Example of such a monitor: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B9IDL4I/

Untitled.png

And yes I have more than 1 Kat modded 3DS and use this type of setup. Is that what you want to know?

---

I use a custom made Raspberry Pi to drive the output to the 2nd screen in my case.

You can go here to see how I did mine: https://gbatemp.net/threads/connect-3ds-to-tv.503732/#post-7973209
You might want to get a Pi B or B+, it has a faster CPU than the zero that I used.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,
Reactions: AngeloftheNight091

AngeloftheNight091

OP
Trophies
Website
www.snowpointtemple.com
XP
Country
Canada
I do have a monitor that you mention, along with 3 other monitors, and 4 towers in one room. So essentially your saying 1 console per system, and then capture the input from the other systems.

Basically to have two consoles appear in a stream, I would have to use the host pc for 1, an alternate pc for the second, then output the second computers display through a hdmi capture device, and then load it into my stream to have 2 systems appear.

That seems pretty simple considering I have all the hardware. Just a shame I cant use the two on 1 computer. Really didnt want to have to use multiple computers or a raspberry pi.

Oh well, work with what you got right.

Thanks for the informative post. I appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu