Gaming Killer Instinct

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I wonder if you can choose the free character? Would be pretty funny if no one bought any and online consisted of just Jagos!
Just boycott this anti-consumer console and it's nickel and diming games.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wtf is this? ..a new kind of demo game?

Microsoft got a good franchise, developed a new game ...and then covered it with bullshit u.u ...why am I not surprised?..

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was stated in a interview with a developer that the complete game can be bought at a normal game price, or a demo can be downloaded for free that features only 1 character, it was said the demo would be fully playable even multilayer, just only 1 character. You can add additional characters for a small fee.

Reactions: Walker D and Sagat

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
It was stated in a interview with a developer that the complete game can be bought at a normal game price, or a demo can be downloaded for free that features only 1 character, it was said the demo would be fully playable even multilayer, just only 1 character. You can add additional characters for a small fee.

You sir, have just raised my hype level for this game. I thought the only option was the demo and to pay for each character.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see how this is a bad thing to be honest, it's essentially you getting a demo of the whole game, and if you enjoy it then you can buy the whole game ( The rest of the characters ), surely this a great new way of trying a game before you buy?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game (or at least, it seems like this will be the case) will be primarily developed by Double Helix games, producers of such wonderful hits like... Battleship, Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters, and GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
You sir, have just raised my hype level for this game.

From the developers of classic games such as Silent Hill: Homecoming, Front Mission Evolved, Green Lantern and Battleship. Sorry for making your hype level shoot back down so radically.

Edit: Thanks Gahars for beating me to it...

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
From the developers of classic games such as Silent Hill: Homecoming, Front Mission Evolved, Green Lantern and Battleship. Sorry for making your hype level shoot back down so radically.

Edit: Thanks Gahars for beating me to it...

The gameplay looked promising enough, but yeah, you reduced my hype level a bit. Maybe this game could be their COMBO BREAKER!!! of crap games?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry guys Killer Instinct will totally gain an audience against today's 2D fighters. It's not like it's gonna get crushed by Marvel vs. Capcom, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and BlazBlue! Honest!

Between the really shit F2P structure (F2P structures can be excellent but one free character defeats the purpose of F2P), terrible dev, and choice of console, I think this game is DOA.

Reactions: the_randomizer

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A bit off topic considering its the Xbox One secion but. I'd rather have Retro Studio do a game similar to Killer Instinct on the Wii U than to see a F2P Killer Instinct on the Xbox One

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention the original game's selling point (besides the combos, which are kind of a joke in the post Ark-Sys world) was the funky pre-rendered graphics. Hand-drawn 2D is the only thing that looks interesting in a modern fighter. Don't know how much banana money they'll get selling this on nostalgia alone..

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit off topic considering its the Xbox One secion but. I'd rather have Retro Studio do a game similar to Killer Instinct on the Wii U than to see a F2P Killer Instinct on the Xbox One

I'd rather get a dev who actually knows fighting games to develop a fighting game.

Like Retro Studios has talent but I'm getting sick of everyone saying "Just throw game X to them and they'll make it amazing." Fighting games especially you have to be very specialized for. I'd rather see this IP in, well, no one's hands because I think it kinda sucks but if I had to choose I'd do NetherRealm since they're like the only western developer who can compete with Japanese fighters on a tournament scale.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Creating fighting games is not a big challenge nowadays. Just reunite ugly creatures, girls and kimono-guys, then you create a nonsense history about a nonsense tournament, then you put one of kimono-guys as rival of one of ugly creatures, and it is done.
Killer Instinct was just like this on snes, and will be just like this on xbox. It is simple, and fun if you like fighting games.
The problem here, and in every XBONE game discussion, is the fear about the new comercial/copyright methohods from microsoft. In my oppinion, if players do not accept well this hole thing of DRM, F2P, gold signatures, etc, they will just relese a firmware update with something similar to sony's model.

anyway, I was about to buy Xbox One on release, but this time (and maybe everytime), it is not good to be a day one buyer (maybe not even a year one buyer)

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was said that the development team has people who worked on fighting games in the past, I don't know why everyone seems to be so negative about this game.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Am I the only one who is really disappointed with the graphics of this? In my mind KI should have an almost realistic high quality CGI type of look, instead they went for the generic SF4 half cartoony half 3D look that all beat em ups are getting these days. A KI game should be a graphical juggernaut which when you look at it makes you go "wow fucking hell" this looks really standard and like something that the 360 could produce.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
instead they went for the generic SF4 half cartoony half 3D look that all beat em ups are getting these days.

Yup ..It's like they sold their souls to SF and added some nowadays Fighter cliches to try to "play safe and stay on the trends"

It has a big chance to be a soulless KI with devs ignoring things that it represented like this ... meh, hope not though..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION