Hacking Kinect 360 and RGH

D

Deleted User

Tried using different compatibility files and it did not work either

Check your HDD make sure you have HDDX - If not run installer in pack and it will make HDDX for you then reboot

Then copy compatibility folder to hddx root

Reboot xbox and see if xbox classics load

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to install the official update that matches your kernel. it won't hurt the system as long as you use the same kernel. make sure of that first by going into system settings or checking in FSD. it will only install kinect, avatar, media data to the hdd. it works this way officially too, if you didn't have an hdd connected to the system when you updated.

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
you need to install the official update that matches your kernel. it won't hurt the system as long as you use the same kernel. make sure of that first by going into system settings or checking in FSD. it will only install kinect, avatar, media data to the hdd. it works this way officially too, if you didn't have an hdd connected to the system when you updated.

Just to be on the same page, this is a finished system. I bought it modded. So the first thing I did, was to take out the hdd, booted it up, and connected to my wifi, it failed the xbox live test etc as it should according to the seller. Then shut it down, hdd in, wait 5 minutes and boot it up again.. I have created an xbox profile now, but cannot download it to my xboxx

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

should I go to the original xbox dashboard and create/sign in with my profile?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to grab it from the internet. xebuild gui can download it directly. if you have dashlaunch blocking system updates, you need to change the update name from $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate. make sure it's for the same dash kernel or you'll ruin the system. it will say if it's about to install the entire software or just the hdd stuff based on the text. I can't recall exactly what it says, but you should be able to google it.

do not sign in to to xbox live. you'll be banned instantly.

Reactions: Deleted User

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
you need to grab it from the internet. xebuild gui can download it directly. if you have dashlaunch blocking system updates, you need to change the update name from $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate. make sure it's for the same dash kernel or you'll ruin the system. it will say if it's about to install the entire software or just the hdd stuff based on the text. I can't recall exactly what it says, but you should be able to google it.

do not sign in to to xbox live. you'll be banned instantly.

I just do not get why all of this is needed? Getting updates and all just to play xbox original games?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's needed for each update as you can see with the grey silhouette. the xbox emulator is on the hdd, so it's not touched when you install a hacked dash kernel. afaik, the only file within an update that's hacked is the su one. you can see it in xebuild gui's hack folders for each new update. you can even grab it from an official update along with the new xebuild patches and create your own xebuild gui update.

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
What about Kinect and Two/more players? Do they need to make an xbox account as well?

Regarding the Xbox classics that won't work, The seller suggested that I boot it up with the disc drive open, and let it be open until the dashboard starts, then launch the xbox classic game. Anyone heard of this before ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of that before. your problem is most likely not having installed the official update. check the dash kernel you're on, download that update, put it on a flash drive (may need to change the default name of the update to to $$ystemUpdate), then boot up the system. sometimes you need to boot into the default dash or even xexmenu to get the system to detect the update. it can be a bit finicky. google what's displayed on the screen when it detects the udate to determine if if it's only going to install things to the hdd, because like I said, with a jtag/rgh, you can't update the normal way or you'll wreck the system. you do have to install the official update AFTER the hacked dash kernel to get the updated files for the hdd. avatar stuff, for exzmple - it will error if you try going into the avatar section of the dashboard without having installed the hdd files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    TimeMaster @ TimeMaster: i just missed the toilet FML