Xbox 360 Slim with Trinity board and RGH3 suddenly doesn't boot anymore

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've a Xbox 360 with Trinity mainbaord which was modded with RGH3 8 months ago. It played fine all the time, even yesterday I just played Kinect Sports without any problems. Then, today, it doesn't boot, gives a black screen when turned on. Turning on with the eject button also does the same. If I sit close to the console, I can hear some sound that it's endless retrying something.

It's not a faulty power supply or television, I already tried another.

Is it possible to have any idea what's wrong with it without disassembling the console (Xbox 360 is quite annoying to disassemble)?

Edit: I disassembled it and can confirm the RGH3 wires are not loose. So the problem should be something others.

The controller still can turn on the console, but won't connect. The DVD drive do eject and close. The power LED is solid green when turned on.

Last edited by Fien,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've a Xbox 360 with Trinity mainbaord which was modded with RGH3 8 months ago. It played fine all the time, even yesterday I just played Kinect Sports without any problems. Then, today, it doesn't boot, gives a black screen when turned on. Turning on with the eject button also does the same. If I sit close to the console, I can hear some sound that it's endless retrying something.

Is it possible to have any idea what's wrong with it without disassembling the console (Xbox 360 is quite annoying to disassemble)?

Edit: I disassembled it and can confirm the RGH3 wires are not loose. So the problem should be something others.

The controller still can turn on the console, but won't connect. The DVD drive do eject and close. The power LED is solid green when turned on.
Is it possible the nand may have died or gotten corrupted? Do you have a pico you can solder in and dump it to see if it returns a valid image or errors while dumping? I've read that it is common for the 4gb nands to fail.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

depending on the training of the chip sometimes booting can take up to 8 mins

the sound you hear is the chip at work so nothing to worry

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depending on the training of the chip sometimes booting can take up to 8 mins

the sound you hear is the chip at work so nothing to worry
RGH 3 doesn’t use a glitch chip

It’s likely ops solder points, wire length, routing or a combination of the 3 making the boot inconsistent

Reactions: rantex92

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It turned out to be a dead GPU :(

With instructions from Xbox 360 hub I first resoldered the RGH3 wires without any result. Then I removed them and soldered the PicoFlasher to the board flash back retail NAND so I can get a error code. It was "0101" :(

• Sad
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts