Kirby's Star Stacker, Quest for Camelot and two more titles arrive on Nintendo Switch Online today

NSO-Switch-Updates_09-05-23-768x432.jpg

The Nintendo Switch Online (NSO) app got 4 new entries today for their members, with SNES game, one GBC game and two NES games available now on the service. The titles added include:
  • Kirby’s Star Stacker (SNES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Joy Mech Fight (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day! (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Quest for Camelot (GBC)
It's worth noting that out of the 4 titles dropping on NSO today, 3 of them were previously Japan exclusive titles that didn't get a western release until today, with the only title from the list released outside Japan being Quest for Camelot for the Game Boy Color.
As an added note, the 3 Japan exclusive titles seem to not count with any kind of translation on the service, so they are released with their original Japanese language.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's right keep drip feeding that garbage nintendo. oh look at all the fanboys behind me with their mouths wide open ready to eat it all up and defend your honor in 3..2..1
I honestly really wanted to play 3 of these lol. The other one though I've never even heard of.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
that's right keep drip feeding that garbage nintendo i've only heard of one of them fucking games. oh look at all the fanboys behind me with their mouths wide open ready to eat it all up and defend your honor in 3..2..1
Pretty cheap bait comment, man.
I don't have a Nintendo console currently, but if I were to pay $20 a year for online play, I would be perfectly happy to try these freebies out.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mean, the first three games range from fine to pretty good, but... Quest for Camelot? Really?
That game is just straight up broken garbage. Guess craptendo feels like they have to adhere to the "quality" standard of most of their shit eshop offerings.

lol now they are really putting out japanese releases without translating them? Lazy...
Iirc, all three of them japanese games have fan translations around, so, yeah, lazy is the right word.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Wait a sec, all of these are Japanese exclusive, and like all of the other jp exclusive games, they have yet to be translated.
Post automatically merged:

You don't even like Kirby's Star Stacker or Kunio-kun? Damn...

Well I like Star Stacker but I have never played it before outside of hearing one of the soundtracks in this game in an animation that I forgot the name of.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Iirc, all three of them japanese games have fan translations around, so, yeah, lazy is the right word.
Yeah. It's so funny... if you have hacked your Switch you can only laugh at these Nintendo announcements. I remember when they announced that Game Boy games would be coming to the Switch and showed off "Super Mario Land 2" while I was playing the color hack "Super Mario Land 2 DX" for ages on my Switch via RetroArch but since they didn't ever colorise it themselves they can't use it of course and same applies to translations.

We can play for a sh*tty online service with lagging online play and those limited NSO retro games for whose we would even lose access when Nintendo shuts their servers down in a few years or we can just enjoy literally anything including all rom hacks and translations via RetroArch.
Even if you're Switch is not hackable, it's rather worth it to pay a "soldering guy" to put a modchip inside than to pay Nintendo for their stupid online service.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cool to see Nintendo release Japan Only games outside Japan, but these games just don't look very interesting, imo.

Wait a sec, all of these are Japanese exclusive, and like all of the other jp exclusive games, they have yet to be translated.
I thought they'd translate them... Nope. Lazy.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WHAT so they aren't even in English? nintendo has sunk to a new low! can't be fucked porting actual games people want oh quick just find some random ass games no one has ever heard of...what they aren't in English? who cares our loyal sheep fans won't care they will still love and worship us! :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Marc_LFD and Ligeia

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
that's right keep drip feeding that garbage nintendo i've only heard of one of them fucking games. oh look at all the fanboys behind me with their mouths wide open ready to eat it all up and defend your honor in 3..2..1

This is not the right place to be assuming the Nintendo fanboys. That's X.

Seriously though, what am I looking at? These games aren't that bad, although the NSO is stupid.

just find some random ass games no one has ever heard of.

The only games that Nintendo put on there that "nobody heard of" is Puyo Puyo Tsu and Magical Drop. Although they chose the wrong version of MD II on there

Reactions: TheDerpyDolphin

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mean, the first three games range from fine to pretty good, but... Quest for Camelot? Really?
That game is just straight up broken garbage. Guess craptendo feels like they have to adhere to the "quality" standard of most of their shit eshop offerings.

There not just going to steal someones translation lol. Also none of those games are exactly text heavy.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There not just going to steal someones translation lol. Also none of those games are exactly text heavy.
They could, you know, pay the fan translators ? Oh, the horror ! Or they could do their own localization, it would be easy and quick for them to do so with such not-text-heavy games :glare:

Reactions: DragonMals

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could, you know, pay the fan translators ? Oh, the horror ! Or they could do their own localization, it would be easy and quick for them to do so with such not-text-heavy games :glare:
90% of these translations though were made 10+ years ago. Lot of them rather buggy. Also good luck contacting the creators of some of them lol. Lot of them were teams that were disbanded years ago. Also I don't know if that is a good look for Nintendo to use others work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste