"Knuckles" spin-off series for Paramount+ has started production

Ft7A0vuaUAEcXq-.jpg

With the great success of the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 movie, SEGA and Paramount have continued to work on the Sonic movie franchise, with Paramount announcing on February of last year that Sonic 3 was in development, and that Knuckles will also be getting a spin off series to go alongside the main movie releases.

Today, the official Sonic Movie Twitter account has announced that the spin off series for Knuckles The Echidna starring Idris Elba has started production, with a nice little teaser image for the announcement:

Additionally, Variety got an exclusive article regarding the upcoming Knuckles' series cast, with actor Adam Pally set to reprise his role as "Wade" and actress Tika Sumpter reprising her role as "Maddie", with the other cast members confirmed so far being Edi Patterson, Julian Barratt, Scott Mescudi, Ellie Taylor and Rory McCann.

The series will take place between the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and Sonic The Hedgehog 3 movies, the latter of which is slated for a December, 2024 release, which will debut Shadow The Hedgehog. A small plot for the series was also unveiled, with the official logline being:
Knuckles' Spinoff Series Plot said:
Knuckles agrees to train Wade as his protégé and teach him the ways of the Echidna warrior.

The series doesn't have an official release date as of yet.

:arrow: Source

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Boom is so good it’s stupid… it has no right to be so entertaining..
Well I mean, maybe the games wasn't as great as it could have been. Doesn't mean that something good couldn't come of it. It's just like having good music in bad sonic games. :ninja:

Personally I always prefer sonic shows when they was being comedic. Most people prefer usually praise the old sonic cartoon with Princess Sally. Or the third season of Sonic X with those Matterex robots for having a more dark and mature theme. I guess people just need that stuff in their life despite those shows being for kids. Ever since sonic colors, the character personalities in the games after has been more comedic and light hearted. Almost to the point where any game from the last 10 years could have been turned into a saturday morning cartoon. :P

Reactions: Kioku

RandomTask37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is Amy in these movies? They look awful but Jennifer Aniston as Amy just needing rent money, while being ignored by Sonic would be hysterical.

Yoshkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know who that is, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.
It's not too bad of a story It's actually kind of funny, unless you're invested in the characters that we're lost because of the whole debacle. Then it's very annoying and discouraging. A quick youtube search would get you the info you need.

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know who that is, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.
Basically, a crappy human being who worked on the Sonic Archie comics and tried to claim all the characters he made as his intellectual property, which would be understandable, but they're for S O N I C C O M I C S. His characters being the comic-original echidnas (eg. Julie-Su). 🤓

Reactions: codezer0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas