"Knuckles" spin-off series for Paramount+ has started production

Ft7A0vuaUAEcXq-.jpg

With the great success of the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 movie, SEGA and Paramount have continued to work on the Sonic movie franchise, with Paramount announcing on February of last year that Sonic 3 was in development, and that Knuckles will also be getting a spin off series to go alongside the main movie releases.

Today, the official Sonic Movie Twitter account has announced that the spin off series for Knuckles The Echidna starring Idris Elba has started production, with a nice little teaser image for the announcement:

Additionally, Variety got an exclusive article regarding the upcoming Knuckles' series cast, with actor Adam Pally set to reprise his role as "Wade" and actress Tika Sumpter reprising her role as "Maddie", with the other cast members confirmed so far being Edi Patterson, Julian Barratt, Scott Mescudi, Ellie Taylor and Rory McCann.

The series will take place between the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and Sonic The Hedgehog 3 movies, the latter of which is slated for a December, 2024 release, which will debut Shadow The Hedgehog. A small plot for the series was also unveiled, with the official logline being:
Knuckles' Spinoff Series Plot said:
Knuckles agrees to train Wade as his protégé and teach him the ways of the Echidna warrior.

The series doesn't have an official release date as of yet.

:arrow: Source

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I’m surprised by the OVA reference, I’ve read in the past that Sega apparently hated referencing it in various media.

Reactions: Vorde

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Honesty if they just made another Sonic series then that would sell more.

I like Knuckles but a whole series? Nah no thanks, not even if it is like twelve episodes or less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?