• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Kyoto Animation Studio fire !

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49027178

At least 26 people are dead and dozens injured after a suspected arson attack at an animation studio in Kyoto, Japan, local emergency officials have said.

Local media quoted police as saying a man broke into the Kyoto Animation Co studio on Thursday morning. Police say the suspect, a 41-year-old, sprayed petrol before igniting it.

Some people still remain unaccounted for, broadcaster NHK reported.

The suspect has been detained and was taken to hospital with injuries.

Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said the incident was "too appalling for words" and offered condolences to those affected.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Very sad.......:(
and all the casualties....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Suspect in the hospital

The suspect is said to be a 41-year-old man. He should have been in the hospital and confessed to the crime. According to Japanese media, he is said to have called "Dying!" Before the act. There were also knives found. The reason for the attack on the film studios is still completely unclear. As reported by the Japanese newspaper "Asahi Shimbun", the man reportedly told a helper after the act "They ripped me off".

Last edited by Alexander1970,

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
33 was the latest death toll I saw. I can't wait till this hateful scumbag gasps his last breaths in Miyakojima-ku. One thing I do like about Abe his administration isn't afraid of executing murderers.

Reactions: RaptorDMG

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Xzi

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
It's such a crazy and sad thing to happen, especially in Japan.
Actually not really. For some reason mass murders have been becoming more common here. Like honestly it's becoming almost once a year. OF COURSE NOTHING to this extent. A few years ago we had the Sagamihara massacre as you all know. I'm starting to worry about the future and safety of Japan with these recent massacres. Especially as the Olympics will be so soon. I wonder if that will cause even more crime?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good