Hardware L Joycon acts on its own

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there, my left joycon often sends me walking left in games ... as long as I don't ealk to the right it won't stop as if the control stick would be stuck (even though it is not)
sometimes it is worse sometimes hardly noticable still sucks.

Is it possible to repair ? I only bought it one year ago but in Japan and not in Europe :/

before it only happened when playing in docked mode now it started to happen even in handheld mode with the joycons attached to the console :(

Will probably get a proper new controler as I kind of hate the joycons anyways but i "need" them for handheld mode

Abespada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another way to fix this is to buy an air duster, and blow air under the joystick cap, do it like on the left, right, up and down side of the stick, and it will fix the problem. It will eventually start to acts on its own again a few days/ few weeks later, but you can just blow the dust again. I did that because the toothbrush trick didn't work for me, but this works perfectly if you do it correctly

isanchez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of my joycons used to drift really bad and I couldn't get them to work anymore with anything I tried, the brush and the compressed air would make them work but only for a week and then they would start drifting again, I finally fixed them by changing the sticks with ones that I bough from amazon for $7 each and I haven't had trouble since then.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Screenshot_20190121-014227.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another way to fix this is to buy an air duster, and blow air under the joystick cap, do it like on the left, right, up and down side of the stick, and it will fix the problem. It will eventually start to acts on its own again a few days/ few weeks later, but you can just blow the dust again. I did that because the toothbrush trick didn't work for me, but this works perfectly if you do it correctly

The inside of the analog itself is completely covered by the plastic cover beneath the stick thumb. There won't be any dust can cause the drifting issue. I opened 10 drifted analogs and didn't see a single dust inside.

Ended up the drifting issue causes by the metal contacts (4 of them) with the charcoal sensors are bended due to heavily drifting, so that they were loose the signal. If 99% alcohol (should drop inside of the plastic cover beneath the stick thumb), dust blowing or even after calibrating wouldn't fix the issue, tear apart the drifted analog then gently bend the metal contacts to fix the issue completely. Fixed all of my drifted ones using this idea.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

View attachment 155655

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A this point is better to get new sticks

The inside of the analog itself is completely covered by the plastic cover beneath the stick thumb. There won't be any dust can cause the drifting issue. I opened 10 drifted analogs and didn't see a single dust inside.

Ended up the drifting issue causes by the metal contacts (4 of them) with the charcoal sensors are bended due to heavily drifting, so that they were loose the signal. If 99% alcohol (should drop inside of the plastic cover beneath the stick thumb), dust blowing or even after calibrating wouldn't fix the issue, tear apart the drifted analog then gently bend the metal contacts to fix the issue completely. Fixed all of my drifted ones using this idea.

Is better getting new sticks

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If it's an H shape analog (OEM), the X shape is not good, some doesn't have the smooth drifting (doesn't reach the third circle of calibration test) or even drifted out of the box.

Yeah it depends where you get ,but disassemble the stick is not that easy even the video dude damaged it ,so what you prefer new joycons for about 80$usd? Or try some sticks that they are about 15$usd ?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah it depends where you get ,but disassemble the stick is not that easy even the video dude damaged it ,so what you prefer new joycons for about 80$usd? Or try some sticks that they are about 15$usd ?

Or buy 100 pairs of joycon for backing up. The drifting issue will be happened ~100hrs of gameplay. It's up to you.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I will wait until Nintendo makes a damn revision, mine drifts to the left too, the air duster method last only 1 day, I could try contact cleaner next I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish