Homebrew RELEASE Lakka 3.0

Anon90

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does docked mode actually work with the latest nightly build as it doesn't for me and if so what could I be doing wrong?

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does docked mode actually work with the latest nightly build as it doesn't for me and if so what could I be doing wrong?
Is it only docked mode that doesn't work, or other stuff as well? Try a clean reinstall of you didn't already. Note that sound in handheld mode is supposed to not work unless it was fixed in the last couple of days

Anon90

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it only docked mode that doesn't work, or other stuff as well? Try a clean reinstall of you didn't already. Note that sound in handheld mode is supposed to not work unless it was fixed in the last couple of days
Just dock mode so I can only assume the feature isn't available on the current development build as it still works with android the regular OS.

Last edited by Anon90,

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just dock mode so I can only assume the feature isn't available on the current development build as it still works with android the regular OS.
That's odd, support was added around the 25th and it should be working if you downloaded a nightly after that. Although for some reason it doesn't seem to work on my console with the latest nightly either...

Edit: After asking in the discord channel, you need to use the Pulse audio driver. It didn't use to work on all TVs either, so there's that. Couldn't make it work on my system either

Last edited by Snomannen_kalle,

Anon90

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well after the latest update it works but now the sound isn't working for me either plus I'm also completely stumped on how to set up the controls for dock mode.

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well after the latest update it works but now the sound isn't working for me either plus I'm also completely stumped on how to set up the controls for dock mode.
Did you dump the joy cons in Hekate before booting Lakka? That should make it easier to use the joy cons between Lakka and HOS (and any other L4T based OSes you might be using, be it Android or some Linux distro). You can do that in the Nyx Options (bottom left corner in the main screen). As to the sound issues: This is the build I'm using (pinned in the discord), where both sound in handheld and docked mode both works, maybe try and see if that one works

Last edited by Snomannen_kalle,
Reactions: Budsixz

ricardo1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i will love to play arc rise fantasia on the switch, can anyone confirm if this game runs nice on this emulator or any other?
thank you.

Galebourn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried some DS games, but they don't seem to run well with the DESmuME core. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, though.
As it is, Retroarch runs fine on the native OS as it is, so I'm still looking for good reasons to use Lakka.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I tried some DS games, but they don't seem to run well with the DESmuME core. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, though.
As it is, Retroarch runs fine on the native OS as it is, so I'm still looking for good reasons to use Lakka.
The reasons are - much better ps1 emu (with the ability to increase internal res), better Dreamcast emu (mostly just compatibility wise), some playable gamecube games with Dolphin and better Saturn emulation. If you don't need any of this, then yes, HOS RA is a way to go. But imo having lakka is just a good option, it doesn't take much space and it's very easy to set up (+you can just share all of your HOS RA files with lakka).

LeyendaV

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
For DS use melonDS. DeSmuME performs awfully.

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The reasons are - much better ps1 emu (with the ability to increase internal res), better Dreamcast emu (mostly just compatibility wise), some playable gamecube games with Dolphin and better Saturn emulation. If you don't need any of this, then yes, HOS RA is a way to go. But imo having lakka is just a good option, it doesn't take much space and it's very easy to set up (+you can just share all of your HOS RA files with lakka).

It's also worth it for PSP games imo

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's also worth it for PSP games imo
Yeah, i guess so... Though I tested my psp roms in lakka and didn't notice any significant performance gain. GoW games still need 30 fps patch for consistent fullspeed, GTA games run almost the same as on GLES2 ver. in standalone.. And i just find HOS standalone PPSSPP more convenient to use than RA core. The difference is not as significant as for ps1/gamecube/saturn etc.

Also i forgot to mention that n64 is more stable and better overall in lakka.

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: Schnida

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
how do you get YabaSanshiro to work? I get "failed to load content" every time i try to run a game.
Yabause Core works, but its to slow.

Could YabaSanshiro be broken in 3.1?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
how do you get YabaSanshiro to work? I get "failed to load content" every time i try to run a game.
Yabause Core works, but its to slow.

Could YabaSanshiro be broken in 3.1?
I'm also using 3.1 and the core just works for me, idk. Tested with Sega Rally Championship.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
How to use both joycons as a controller in docked mode? I can pair only 1 joycon at once with bluetooth

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And do you have to pair controllers everytime you boot lakka?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And one more question, when i start a game, my input bind and selected controller always change randomly

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm also using 3.1 and the core just works for me, idk. Tested with Sega Rally Championship.
weird because if games are working on the Yabause Core, shouldn't they also work on YabaSanshiro?

tried with both CUE. and CHD.

Are the bios require for YabaSanshiro?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning