Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Captain Clegg (1962)

61TrKfiLYWL.jpg

Another quality Product from Hammer Studios with Peter Cushing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Clegg_(film)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Us, the biggest load of shit I've seen in years.
Unites States is the biggest load of shit you've seen in years?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

contagion......

to some extent quite accurately describes our present situation on covid-19
Ah, is one of those.
I very much rather see a movie based on the nazis than movies based on COVID-IOT19.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I legit do not remember the last time I actually sat down to watch a movie. I guess I would just rather play something.
I must admit it is very rare that I sit down to watch films these days. TV shows (DVDs seem to be going cheap these days), games and internet video in reverse order there doing far more. Used to do them all the time (once some people made a thing of seeing 365 films in a year, I might have knocked that out by May) but now months can go by and I will not have seen anything -- internet videos teach me more and TV shows manage to tell more in depth stories, and games (or at least my backlog) do what games do.

Still I managed to see Zombieland 2. Where the first was billed and largely managed to be something of a loving deconstruction of zombie films (or would that be entertainment) this seemed to lean more into the characters, which is a common problem with sequels. Enjoyable enough I guess but said nothing new really.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Karate Kid (1984)

This is one of my dad’s favorite movies. There’s something about 80s movies that I really enjoy. The time period is just cool. There’s a line about how the guy lets his girlfriend drive his car, cuz “cmon, it’s the 80s” which also amused me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Karate Kid (1984)

This is one of my dad’s favorite movies. There’s something about 80s movies that I really enjoy. The time period is just cool. There’s a line about how the guy lets his girlfriend drive his car, cuz “cmon, it’s the 80s” which also amused me.
Are you planning on watching the new TV series set however many years this is after it all?

Anyway day of the sequels it seems.
Saw Sicario 2.
Bits I liked more, bits I liked less. The first was a wonderful "ripped from the headlines gritty realism" type thing where this was more of an action popcorn affair based in that world sort of, not that I am complaining about having some good action popcorn films even if it had a fraction of the memorable scenes of the original.
Kind of brave to not go for a standalone film (you won't be completely lost if you have not seen the first but it helps a lot, indeed I had not seen the first since it hit DVD or whatever and took a few seconds to recall characters) and I saw it without subtitles which was fun (my Spanish is maybe 10 words on a good day) but I don't mind that.
If I am going to compare it to that Rambo film I saw a while back with a similar "mess with the cartels" theme then this all day long over that.
Ultimately did not say very much, and stopped short of "stuff never changes" but for some nice action I could see suggesting it.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Signal (2006): A signal begins to broadcast through television and radio which fills people heads with violent delusions.

611TbRV-k6L._AC_SY445_.jpg

The Nightingale (2019): A brutal tale of revenge set during the British Colonialism of Australia.

81tkQD2AopL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Last edited by XDel,
Reactions: JuanMena

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvdJmSqCmdk