Gaming The Last Of Us- HBOS series

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
The first episode of the Last of Us streamed last night, If you haven't played the game yet you probably will want to after watching this. I just finished watching the first episode and have already played the game and it's the best game to movie adaptation I've seen. The producers picked good actors and TBF it's got a great storyline, great visuals, great acting. There's not much more to say - I am looking forward to next week now to watch the next episode. If you are waiting for something decent to watch - you need to watch this series as it's about as good as TV is ever going to get.

I won't post any spoilers, and for those that have played the game - please don't post spoilers for those that haven't.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's getting some great reviews across the board.. Wonder how many episodes there will be for this season? And i hear that it'll get a 2nd season if the first did well, which is very likely at this point..
I'll check the 1st episode later tonight. 👍

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
It's getting some great reviews across the board.. Wonder how many episodes there will be for this season? And i hear that it'll get a 2nd season if the first did well, which is very likely at this point..
I'll check the 1st episode later tonight. 👍
There's 9 episodes in the first season. It's weekly and due to wrap on 12th March for those that would prefer to watch as a box set. First episode is 1hr 20 so so make sure you have some munchies, drinks at hand as you won't want to miss anything.

Aslo before you watch - go on youtube and search for "Zombie Ants", you will see how fungus can take over insects. That will give you some perspective about the game.

Reactions: CoolMe

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might rewatch it because I fell asleep watching it and it reminded me of TWD a lot.

That said, I really like Pedro Pascal so I'll do it for him.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Light spoiler mini-review ahead*
Well, well, well, this was pretty damn good, if not impressive (for a VG adaptation). The acting comes off as natural, well performanced/ casted (atleast for themain characters), i like that they added some (filler?) scenes and didn't try to replicate scenes from the game shot per shot. it gives it identity and help fill in some gaps in the narrative i think (without going too far off).. The middle section is by far my favorite in this pilot episode, when they're driving to the city and everything's panicking, i'd go as far as to say that it's done better here in comparison to the game. the same goes for the scene when Joel's daughter was shot, as i think they did a very good job capturing the "moment" imo..
Very interested how it goes from here, i hope they maintain atleast close to this level of quality, when it comes to the narrative, atmosphere and acting etc. I hope they don't drop the ball when it comes to the stealth & action/shooting scenes..

Reactions: hippy dave

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Second episode was pretty good.

Now, I get the cursing was part of the games, too, but it's just hard to get used to it, it feels tacky, forced, and unnatural in a live action show. Do I curse? Yeah, although not constantly.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Second episode was pretty good.

Now, I get the cursing was part of the games, too, but it's just hard to get used to it, it feels tacky, forced, and unnatural in a live action show. Do I curse? Yeah, although not constantly.
You should join the Army, they will teach you to do at least 5 words in every sentence.

• Haha
Reactions: Marc_LFD

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, well, it was a pretty good episode, specially the 2nd half.. They're aiming on a more horror/suspense kind of atmosphere, than just the main characters going guns blazing when there's a threat, the less-action-y it is the better imo. Though there's only a few crackers that we've seen so far, apart from the hoard, i hope they start including more as they go along, with all the other enemy types (runners, bloaters etc.).. But not the FEDRA/mercs, i just don't care about them or their non-existing cause. I hope they remove or atleast limit those sections/ scenes, unless it's necessary.
Tess's death was changed, i think the cause is better than in the game, but my issue is that it happened way too quickly, like in the game it takes a while for that to happen (~4hrs in game), but here it happened only after one encounter with literally the first (2) infected.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Episode 3-inspired art by someone called Jessica Johnson

FB_IMG_1675613288479.jpg

Really enjoying the show so far and that was a beautiful episode in particular. If it helped weed out some of the shittier bigots from the viewership then so much the better.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spoilers (obviously):
(Ep 4) yet another good episode..
They're keeping the action moments to a minimum (which is a good thing imo), although i think it's about time they'd start showing some of the infected and some of their types (runners/crackers/bloaters etc.), to feed into the stealth/survival /horror atmosphere we were shown briefly in episode 2, rather than a zombie killing type of action..
The environments/buildings are not as expressive as it is in the game, but that's understandable given the limitations/budget constraints etc.
Next ep we'll be introduced to Henry & Sam, wonder if their fate's the same as in the game, or will it be changed too (like with Bill & Frank)..
Also, did you know that diarrhea is hereditary? ^_^

Reactions: hippy dave

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While not much happened in episode four, it was very good and it's building up to what's coming.

There's a trailer of episode 5 and that looks like we'll finally have some action.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just say that I friggin' loved episode 5! It felt like the first real episode of the series.

Even teared up a little at the end.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another solid episode imo (5).
We finally got that infected hoard scene we've long been waiting for, it was gripping & intense enough..
Didn't like how they made Sam deaf, it's one of those unnecessary changes. Also the final scene when he Henry shoots Sam was a bit underwhelming, in comparison to how it's done in the game (just take a look at the cutscene in the game to get an idea).

The fact that everything (events) is moving so fast, we've barely known these characters and now they're dead, isn't how they should've done it. In the game it takes abit of time until that happens, makes you care for these characters and when that happens, you feel the impact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan why did you say wtf bunny?