Left 4 Dead creators Turtle Rock reveal new zombie co-op shooter called Back 4 Blood

Nmk2Mmr.png

One of the highest rated series of the last generation was two co-op shooters developed by Valve; Left 4 Dead and its sequel. Valve's own in-house studio, then called Valve South created the games, and would go on to be renamed Turtle Rock, after going independent and leaving Valve in 2010. Though Left 4 Dead was a huge success, their next major project, Evolve, was a critical and financial failure. Now. while Valve continues to fail to understand the concept of third entries for their games, Turtle Rock will be taking the opportunity to create somewhat of a spiritual successor to the Left 4 Dead series in the form of their newly announced game Back 4 Blood. Claiming to be returning to their roots, Back 4 Blood will be a zombie FPS with co-op multiplayer. taking elements from L4D and "modernizing" them. Though no release date was given, and the project appears to be early on in development, it'll be published by Warner Bros. and is slated for release on the Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4.

:arrow: Source

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Strange how many people here moan about HL3 despite the fact that the meat of this news has nothing to do with Valve or HL3. It's just a studio that used to be owned by Valve, they can't make a HL3 so... This story is solely about a successor of there game L4D(2) without having the IP. This studio has no direct connections to HL at all...
Seems you only have to mention HL to get everyone crazy :D

Last edited by VitaType,

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm hoping that they go for the style of L4D1 and not L4D2. I really disliked how L4D2 seemed so happy-go-lucky whereas L4D1 tried to be a bad horror movie which I absolutely loved about it.

Reactions: Illuminaticy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You actually get to own that strip club, later in the game.