Hacking Hardware Left joycon can't stop charging

superxoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
After 1hour of finding a fix for left joycon not charging at all(the problem came from missing 5v). Now i meet with another problem after the previous one. The joycon now charging endlessly but when attach to another device it shown full already. Do any one know which part on the mother board causing this please help me out?

Attachments

• IMG_20240514_214849.jpg
    IMG_20240514_214849.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by superxoi,

superxoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The battery is low so the system charge the joycon when the battery is low.
The battery is full. It has been charged for a wholeday already after i fixed the previous problem. There is nothing on the joycon side. This one is the motherboard side.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The battery is full. It has been charged for a wholeday already after i fixed the previous problem. There is nothing on the joycon side. This one is the motherboard side.

Update the joycon firmware see if that fix anything.

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I experienced it a few times over the years. Seems to be a calibration error. What I did was to discharge the joycon bat until it reached a low level (red) then leave it to charge for a long time and it eventually reached full. Each time (rare) it comes back, I just do the same thing.

Ultimately, it's not an issue, just something that triggers OCD. :nayps3:

superxoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I experienced it a few times over the years. Seems to be a calibration error. What I did was to discharge the joycon bat until it reached a low level (red) then leave it to charge for a long time and it eventually reached full. Each time (rare) it comes back, I just do the same thing.

Ultimately, it's not an issue, just something that triggers OCD. :nayps3:
This is not joycon side problem. This is motherboard side. All the joycons i have plugged in were already fully charged and the device keep indicating charging despite of that.

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is not joycon side problem. This is motherboard side. All the joycons i have plugged in were already fully charged and the device keep indicating charging despite of that.

What I meant was that regardless of it being a joycon or motherboard issue, I resolved it by doing what I mentioned. Calibration (in terms of bat level) issue could involve a miscommunication between the two sides. So draining the joycon bat to a low level works for me at least.

However, it does come back every once in a while. The last time I had it happen was about a year ago. Each time, I checked the "forever charging" joycon on a another switch and it turned out that it was actually full. Ironically, the joycons of the second switch also sometimes have this issue and when I put it on the first switch, which has the same issue with its own joycons, it shows full as well.

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back