OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everyone,

I have a Switch with a strange problem.
When i got it, it showed an empty battery icon in the top left. Put it on a working original charger (charge flash showed up) an let it there for arround 2h.
But it was still empty. After disconnect and reconnect the battery from the board, no sign of life anymore. Even no battry indicator or charge icon. But it accept payloads in RCM and boots in what ever i want.
I give it a full charge in hekate, but still not booting without a payload (btw. no auto RCM active and nothing was messed with any software things).
After testing and trying al lot of stuff i found out, it only boots normaly when the left Joycon is attached. And it even works when this Joycon has no battery inside. As soon as i try to boot without.... no reaction.
But it becomes even more strange. When booted, the right Joycon connector has a permanent supply voltage of 5V on its charge pin and never turns off (except a complete shutdown ).

On the left (I veryfied it with 2 working Switches on left and also on the right Joyconrail) i first have to connect and disconnect a Joycon when in HOS. Then the 5V are present and when i tap the power button for standby, it fades from 5V to 0V.
But not on the right one. This stays at 5V.

Any ideas on this kind of failure ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind the JPEG artifacts, stylistic choice