DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a stupid question (sorry):
Can I just use Hekate's 'Fix archive bits' if I am splitting files on a Mac?
No, that un-sets archive bits for anything other than the folders in the Nintendo folder. You can use NX-Shell homebrew to enable the archive option on the folder (you just need to enable the Developer options in NX-Shell's options in order to see the archive option).

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, that un-sets archive bits for anything other than the folders in the Nintendo folder. You can use NX-Shell homebrew to enable the archive option on the folder (you just need to enable the Developer options in NX-Shell's options in order to see the archive option).
Oh thanks! This was making me go nuts on Linux since I can't set an archive bit on it.

nraudigy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those SX OS users. You need rename those 00, 01, 02 files to filename.ns0, filename.ns1, filename.ns2 and so on. Place them in root or directories below.

/sxos/games
/sxos/xci
/sxos/nsp
/sxos/updates
/sxos/dlc
/sxos
/switch/games
/switch/xci
/switch/nsp
/switch/updates
/switch/dlc
/switch

Reactions: Supreme23 and CTBC

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those SX OS users. You need rename those 00, 01, 02 files to filename.ns0, filename.ns1, filename.ns2 and so on. Place them in root or directories below.

/sxos/games
/sxos/xci
/sxos/nsp
/sxos/updates
/sxos/dlc
/sxos
/switch/games
/switch/xci
/switch/nsp
/switch/updates
/switch/dlc
/switch

What if the filename is too long? Heard there were errors as well when the filename is too long.

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally figured out what it was (white blocks, crashing upon entering hbmenu, unknown developer). Went back to 2.5.2 and installing works now. Was on 2.5.3

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this until very recently without issues and it was awesome. I recently found Fluffy, which is a reliable way to USB install stuff, about quadrupling the speed with which the process of installing large nsps could be completed on my switch. The only problem is, I have around 80GB of NSPs that are already split, and therefore cannot be used in the program. I was wondering if there was a way to reverse the process and put them back together, possibly with a python script. If so, that'd be great. Just checking before I do some spring cleaning.

MikeTheKnight2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably my lack of command line but how can we do this .nsp files that have spaces in the name? Example running
Code:
splitNSP.py The Lego Movie.nsp

gives errors

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Get a tool named 'split', exists for win, linux and mac.
Use copy /b to join files. It's part of windows, use cat in linux and mac.

HxD can do it too. Go to Extras -> File Tools -> Split.

Smack99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi Guys,

Reading through all 8 pages I guess the archiving folder permission cannot be done on a Mac? I am on freaking holidays and have my Mac with me and cannot install any naps because they bloody won't show up on my memory card to install even though I split them in windows parallel and put the folder on my memory card.

Any ideas?

Saulot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey @AnalogMan, than you for crating this.
A colleague of mine created a rudimentary GUI for the tool, are you ok with us sharing it?
Or even, do you want to collab in it?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @AnalogMan, than you for crating this.
A colleague of mine created a rudimentary GUI for the tool, are you ok with us sharing it?
Or even, do you want to collab in it?
The license says it's fine to do whatever you want with it, be my guest. No collab, I'm learning to do GUI's on my own right now and may eventually make one for this script too as practice.

Saulot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The license says it's fine to do whatever you want with it, be my guest. No collab, I'm learning to do GUI's on my own right now and may eventually make one for this script too as practice.
Nice, I saw the license but I thought I should ask first!

The built its too rough for now, but if anyone whats to play check github:
/Johnmaras/splitNSP

We are working on setting the archive flag as well.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, I saw the license but I thought I should ask first!

The built its too rough for now, but if anyone whats to play check github:
/Johnmaras/splitNSP

We are working on setting the archive flag as well.
Good luck. There's a method for Windows and Linux but none for macOS since even if you do set the flag for macOS, macOS clears all flags when copying to a FAT32 volume. I didn't want to add setting the flag if it didn't work for all OS's.

Saulot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Good luck. There's a method for Windows and Linux but none for macOS since even if you do set the flag for macOS, macOS clears all flags when copying to a FAT32 volume. I didn't want to add setting the flag if it didn't work for all OS's.

You are absolutely right, but since this built is catered to Win users at least for now, we will try to tackle this as well.

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

/sxos/games
/sxos/xci
/sxos/nsp
/sxos/updates
/sxos/dlc
/sxos
/switch/games
/switch/xci
/switch/nsp
/switch/updates
/switch/dlc
/switch

No longer have to do this with the latest sx update:toot:

Reactions: sorabora

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
[...]
Once the folder is made and the archive flag is set copy it to your SD card (sdmc:/tinfoil/nsp/ if using tinfoil) and install it like any other NSP.

Using Windows 10 and the recommended steps, the folder produced does not seem to automatically have the archive flag set. Is this step meant to be performed manually? If so, which method do you recommend to set this attribute?

UPDATE:

Tested the 1.0.1 version with Just Dance 2017 and works great, i just dragged and dropped the .nsp above the .py file and enabled archiving in the folder's properties it created.

Installed with Tinfoil 15fcd94 (latest build from lavatech right now) and the game is playing fine, i also checked for corruption from system settings and it showed no errors.

Thanks for releasing this!

I used the second option to apply to the folder, sub-folders and files as well, worked fine here.

Nevermind, found it! Sorry for the unnecessary question!

Last edited by grcd,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Windows 10 and the recommended steps, the folder produced does not seem to automatically have the archive flag set. Is this step meant to be performed manually? If so, which method do you recommend to set this attribute?

UPDATE:

Nevermind, found it! Sorry for the unnecessary question!
Just read a little further up on the post and you'll see this:
By default this will make a copy of the NSP and split it up into parts. Once created, you'll need to open the folder's properties and check the Archive flag. This is easily done on Windows, I'm still working on a way to do it for macOS since file flags aren't saved when copying to FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?