Status
Not open for further replies.

Erpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, you sure got me! Except that people who cheat me out of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, who attempt to take out hit-pieces on videogame magazines, who manipulated me for years to the point where I mistakenly gave them $550 are gonna get return fire hate and demonization right back in their direction!!! At no point did I somehow claim I don't hit back/criticize/attack as you seem to be implying, whatever shoddy point you were trying to make!

Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that Psycho Kirsten Miller has been demonizing since 2007 for petty reasons. I would understand something more tangible, like if I cheated her to such an extent, killed her dog, emptied her bank account, YOU KNOW, tangible, sane reasons to REALLY REALLY hate somebody! She's a bigot, always was, and I never should've had anything to do with her. That very very short partnership on ED6 seems to have gained me some sort of lifelong obsessed hatemonger and she isn't the only one... You want more ? I don't shy away about what I feel about this monster: http://www.ysutopia.net/forums/index.php?topic=428.msg3855#msg3855

I'm not gonna even ask as far as your monitoring and instant attempt to fetch snapshots from my FB/Twitter... You figured out that cheating somebody, making a fool out of them, might make them very very angry ?? Wow, smart guy! Are you attempting to claim my grievance with DeuceBag is "petty" the way omgfailure's is to me ?? If you're gonna call that petty, I'm sorry, you got a screw loose and a good knack for making false comparisons!

To be honest, I find it hard to believe people actually demonize you, because demonizing someone involves making them appear worse than they are in reality. When I first heard about the whole drama two years ago, I got curious and looked it up to get "the other side of the argument" and my first impression was: "Wow, it wasn't overblown, it's actually worse." I'm sure people pointed this out, but when it comes to making your case to the public, your writing style is so vitriolic you really are your own worst enemy.

If you guys thing that xseed is the holy grail and that "ONLY IT" have the rights to do this translation, fine.

Technically, they ARE the only ones who have the rights to do the translation, since they're the only ones who have actually been paying Falcom for the right to translate their games so far.

Go there to their forum and beg them like you already do every day for 4 years. Maybe they will change their statement that "they will not touch PSP games anymore". Maybe you can convince then and they can do another machine translation and sell full price to your guys.

They won't change the "no PSP games" statement, because the PSP is a last-generation platform and very few companies would start a localization project for a game on a platform Sony could pull the plug on at will. If XSeed were to take on Zero, it'd be the PC version, hopefully with the Sara-tweaks people have gotten accustomed to with XSeed.

Back in the day you would get a really bad translation, full of glitches, and you would be very happy bacause you would finally be able to understand the story after all.
The community used to be united and everyone would help with bug testing, terms, etc...

Back in the day, shaky translations were much more the norm and people had much lower standards. That's how we got "This guy are sick". That wouldn't fly today anymore.

Reactions: Robert10

Tantrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Technically, they ARE the only ones who have the rights to do the translation, since they're the only ones who have actually been paying Falcom for the right to translate their games so far.

And? Do you know that this part of the forum is devoted to fan translations?
Don't try to lecture me on legal stuff cuz I know it very well.

Fan translation has always been illegal. ALWAYS. Everyone know it.
Yet it didn't stopped the release of a lot of then over the years.
Yet it didn't stopped the formation of a lot of sites dedicated to talk about it.
Yet it didn't stopped the fact that a lot of people managed to play a lot of games that they would not otherwise.

Stop being a shill.
People like you, that keep talking about the "illegal this" or "illegal that", are a hindrance to a lot of projects (ie. PSP version of Toukiden).

They won't change the "no PSP games" statement, because the PSP is a last-generation platform and very few companies would start a localization project for a game on a platform Sony could pull the plug on at will. If XSeed were to take on Zero, it'd be the PC version, hopefully with the Sara-tweaks people have gotten accustomed to with XSeed.

If they are not releasing it on PSP then this project is free to go. They already called the PSP dead so why should they bother with this fan translation?
If they steal this translation so that they can have a easy job on PC, then it makes then worse than what they already are.
It's like the whole Type 0 thing. "Let's takedown a non-profit translation of a game on a dead platform so that I can sell more on the new platform. Fuck the ones that have the old version."

Back in the day, shaky translations were much more the norm and people had much lower standards. That's how we got "This guy are sick". That wouldn't fly today anymore.

While I don't mind a proper translation, it's the extreme pursuit of perfection that hurts the projects.
They don't have access to the source code.
They don't have access to the cryptography keys.
They don't have access to the console API.
They don't have access to the assets.
They have to make these translation with 10x more work, all this without earning a single dollar. It's literaly a hell.
And when they finally manage to make a translation, and it have inferior quality to the profesional developer-supported version, everyone began to lose their shit.

Erpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And? Do you know that this part of the forum is devoted to fan translations?
Don't try to lecture me on legal stuff cuz I know it very well.

Fan translation has always been illegal. ALWAYS. Everyone know it.
Yet it didn't stopped the release of a lot of then over the years.
Yet it didn't stopped the formation of a lot of sites dedicated to talk about it.
Yet it didn't stopped the fact that a lot of people managed to play a lot of games that they would not otherwise.

Stop being a shill.
People like you, that keep talking about the "illegal this" or "illegal that", are a hindrance to a lot of projects (ie. PSP version of Toukiden).

My take on this is that there's a place for fan translations in the video games world. I also feel that if a company pays the creator for a license to localize a title, they get first dibs. I find these two views to be perfectly reconcilable.

If they are not releasing it on PSP then this project is free to go. They already called the PSP dead so why should they bother with this fan translation?
If they steal this translation so that they can have a easy job on PC, then it makes then worse than what they already are.
It's like the whole Type 0 thing. "Let's takedown a non-profit translation of a game on a dead platform so that I can sell more on the new platform. Fuck the ones that have the old version."

From a commercial POV, the PSP IS dead. I don't think there's much point in arguing that.

If you're truly worried over XSeed stealing this translation, despite the fact that it isn't even finished and was never handled according to the guidelines they're used, you're simply being overly paranoid. That's all I'll say on this silliness.

While I don't mind a proper translation, it's the extreme pursuit of perfection that hurts the projects.
They don't have access to the source code.
They don't have access to the cryptography keys.
They don't have access to the console API.
They don't have access to the assets.
They have to make these translation with 10x more work, all this without earning a single dollar. It's literaly a hell.
And when they finally manage to make a translation, and it have inferior quality to the profesional developer-supported version, everyone began to lose their shit.

"This guy are sick" is the result of shoddy editing, unrelated to technical stuff. I fail to see how lack of access to source code, api and assets stand in the way of a thorough editing job, which concerns the text and nothing else.

What makes people object to a translation that "falls short of perfection" (or rather, isn't thoroughly edited and finetuned) for a Kiseki game is the fact that the story and dialogue are widely considered its main draws and a less than stellar translation would muck up the very part that lies at its core. (it'd be like mucking up the control responsibility of an Ys game)

Reactions: Robert10

Tantrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My take on this is that there's a place for fan translations in the video games world. I also feel that if a company pays the creator for a license to localize a title, they get first dibs. I find these two views to be perfectly reconcilable.

Not when one side has all the rights and laws with then.
Some studios will NEVER work together with a fan translator, and they will do everything to stop then.
It's their nature of being over protective.

From a commercial POV, the PSP IS dead. I don't think there's much point in arguing that.

If you're truly worried over XSeed stealing this translation, despite the fact that it isn't even finished and was never handled according to the guidelines they're used, you're simply being overly paranoid. That's all I'll say on this silliness.

Not steal, but takedown of a project.
And I'm not being paranoid since it's has happenend before multiple times.
If they chose to translate the remake on a new dandy and candy console instead of translating the original version on the old console, they should not be losing their hairs about a fan translation. Fuck then.
That's why I support 100% what Sky did with the Type 0 translation.

"This guy are sick" is the result of shoddy editing, unrelated to technical stuff. I fail to see how lack of access to source code, api and assets stand in the way of a thorough editing job, which concerns the text and nothing else.

What makes people object to a translation that "falls short of perfection" (or rather, isn't thoroughly edited and finetuned) for a Kiseki game is the fact that the story and dialogue are widely considered its main draws and a less than stellar translation would muck up the very part that lies at its core. (it'd be like mucking up the control responsibility of an Ys game)

Not when you began to face the problems of "not enough space".
A kanji heavy text balloon would transform on a five text balloon.
But you can't create new balloons so you'll have to fit the whole text in just one.
And that's when you lose a lot of the story.

But in the end of the day you are complaing about something that's free.
If you don't like Zero translation do it yourself. Or learn Japanese.
Or, instead of bitching and pointing fingers, help him with the errors and edition.
That's the whole point of my original post.
But no, let's just bash him.

smugleaf11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't believe that there are people in this topic who are seriously concerned about XSEED stealing anything. Rest assured they won't. Anyone who does a fan translation project does it knowing that a C&D can come at any time. If that's not something you're prepared for, look for another hobby.

Mediocre fan translations are fair to criticize because they're an insult to the work and to fan translators who do put in the extra effort to QA. It doesn't have to be perfect. Even published books have the occasional typo. But it shouldn't be so damn sloppy that it can ruin the experience. Machine translated works deserve to be loathed because that's just plain lazy.

Last edited by smugleaf11,

Tantrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mediocre fan translations are fair to criticize because they're an insult to the work and to fan translators who do put in the extra effort to QA. It doesn't have to be perfect. Even published books have the occasional typo. But it shouldn't be so damn sloppy that it can ruin the experience. Machine translated works deserve to be loathed because that's just plain lazy.

See...

Or, instead of bitching and pointing fingers, help him with the errors and edition.

But you are too lazy right?
"I want it and I want it NOW!"

Last edited by Tantrum,

smugleaf11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See...

But you are too lazy right?
"I want it and I want it NOW"
I rarely follow projects as they happen, so I usually find out about their mediocrity by word of mouth after all is said and done. For the one fan translation I'm following, I proofread every line they release and notify them of any errors. This is how they wanted the process to be like, and I comply with it, happy that they're passionate enough about it to make it the definitive release.

It sounds to me like you're just making up excuses for projects that you might not even know anything about. There was this one scanlation group that flat out rejected my help even though they had errors with every release.

smugleaf11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apologies for being a part of derailing this topic. I just find it ridiculous that people are making XSEED seem like the bad guys with no proof. If they didn't care about their fans, they would have cut their losses after FC PSP bombed and moved on. Yet here we are with 3 Trails games out and a 4th one on the way.

As for fan translations in general, I appreciate the work that goes into it, but I also feel that everyone involved should know full well what position they're in, and that includes knowing that a C&D is always a possibility. It's one thing to be passionate, it's another to feel so much ownership that a company acting on their rights can be viewed as an awful thing. It's unfortunate that it happens, but it comes with the territory.

Tantrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Apologies for being a part of derailing this topic. I just find it ridiculous that people are making XSEED seem like the bad guys with no proof. If they didn't care about their fans, they would have cut their losses after FC PSP bombed and moved on. Yet here we are with 3 Trails games out and a 4th one on the way.

As for fan translations in general, I appreciate the work that goes into it, but I also feel that everyone involved should know full well what position they're in, and that includes knowing that a C&D is always a possibility. It's one thing to be passionate, it's another to feel so much ownership that a company acting on their rights can be viewed as an awful thing. It's unfortunate that it happens, but it comes with the territory.

Search about fair use.

smugleaf11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Search about fair use.
Ignoring all other aspects of a fan translation, can you prove that fair use encompasses a complete translation of a game? From what I gather, a complete translation counts as a derivative work that a company has exclusive rights to, and that falls outside of fair use, even if it's not for profit.

omgfloofy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually... I offered to help when things started. And was told that it wouldn't be needed. That's the reason why I have an account here in the first place.

Tantrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually... I offered to help when things started. And was told that it wouldn't be needed. That's the reason why I have an account here in the first place.

Maybe they are full then?
I don't know but you guys are making too much of a fuss just because of a proof of concept video... :unsure:

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
https://twitter.com/TrunerReisar/status/588435102729928704
Here's something a friend of mine said about the Nayuta no Kiseki fan "translation", done by (I assume) the same people working on this. I think it's safe to say that the world would be better off without questionable "translations" made by questionable people. Of course this isn't limited to, but include the shenanigans of people like NightWolve, Deuce, Flame and Zero. But hey, if they end up finishing a project, that's great. Just don't expect people to be very fond of your work unless you put effort in it.

EDIT: oh and I guess I shouldn't forget about the Brandish: The Dark Revenant project that I just happened to see the script of while it was still worked on. One part was done by someone who understands and can translate Japanese, the other part was done by someone who I doubt even knows English. It gave me cancer. I'm dying.

Last edited by Truner, , Reason: Addendum

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ, you people are insufferable. Go away. Nobody wants you here. Go and make your own translations if you're going to complain about these. Better of without it? Give me a fucking break. I'm out of here. Peace.

Reactions: Diag and Tantrum
D

Deleted User

I fully agree. I think the mods should step in and stop this nonsense. I completely understand zero view. It is this kind of pointless ranting that kills translation. I have spent countless hours translating unchained blades exxiv script with a fully successful insertion and game play test pass, but thanks to people whining about a PERFECT script translation, have not released it yet. We pour hours, even years, of our lives into these project and ask nothing in return except other to enjoy them. I didn't want to get involved in this, but in the end this is all I wanted to say. So good luck on this project and let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help!!

Reactions: Tantrum

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't follow sephurchin's example, zero, haha. Most people love what you're doing and love that you really care about the series so much that you're willing to pour so much time and effort into the project. It doesn't have to be perfect, and it surely won't be. That doesn't matter. If people want to make their own translations aside from yours because they don't like it, then they'll do that. It won't make what you're doing here any less awesome. Be proud of your work, as I'm sure you are. Now I'm really out, though I'll still be lurking. I hope somebody cleans this up.

Arunaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zeromonkey's last post in here came in reaction to my own offer to check the TL via PM too, wherein I pointed out a bunch of critical errors in just the first minute of their test video (which clearly had some human involvement and wasn't purely run through a machine, so it's a little more than simply proving that text is insertable, TL work was done on some level. It's also actually from less than a year ago, for whatever that matters, and you can see that if you just check the video) and asked if I could look at their scripts to see if it was still the same deal. Then he saw I criticized his posts here on Twitter and got upset. Anyway, as someone with a lot of experience with fan and professional translation work, I can promise whatever this ends up being isn't going to be much better than a rewrite.

1) The Translation
I specifically asked the translators to give me a very literal translation. I did not want them to be responsible for having to worry about context in terms of writing the story without a full translation of the entire game (we are very very close to that point). That is the script writers job. To take the translation and make something amazing out of it. That is where I will come in.

Which he more or less said flat out here, if he's asking translators to give him a translation that's incomprehensible for him to rewrite himself. No translator who knows what they're doing at any level would do this and it's ridiculously egotistical on Zeromonkey's part, so that largely cleans up the need to judge by the more recent work he's refusing to show.

If you know so much about the games and are fluent in Japanese, why do you care what happens to the english fan translation (and trust me people, you need to be fluent with a game this dialog heavy 1.4+ million characters).

Also some express refusal to listen to the only people who can offer actual criticism on the translation. I've found some comments regarding frequent errors in the spreadsheets that were available publicly a couple months ago, too. So, just don't expect this translation to actually reflect what the game originally said in any way.

NightWolve

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ysutopia.net
XP
Country
United States
Someones been listening to a little too much Nightwolve
Conspiracies are a hell of a drug
No offense but I am gonna completely blow you off. You have 1 post and you registered today to post this. Among fan translations, Nightwolve is respected for his work on bringing Falcom games to the western world before Xseed did. I had enough sense to ask him personally about this and read numerous pieces regarding the situation. Before you suggest this is a conspiracy, how about you head over to his site and ask him about it. I long formed my opinion of this before talking with him about it. I think it is BS to release a game that is already available in a native language for profit after you steal the fore mentioned work from a person's private server and magically forget to credit the person who's hard work went in to making those files available in an editable form. Falcom has been around long enough to know that they need extra work to protect their games from hackers. Their files are nothing to sneeze at (I mean they aren't 80s and 90s Enix quality) but they are still good regardless.

I like how he registered just in the nick of time for little ole me. I used to be really creeped out by these anti-fans I gained at one point, like when they do their thing on 4chan so their viciousness can't be attached to their usual aliases, but I got used to it years ago.

These type of bigots would never "ask me" for my side of the story in an attempt to get a fair understanding... Their job (as they see it) is to distort, lie, exaggerate anything about me, run defense for X.X.XSEED and so forth, most especially given the laundry list on me he cites going back to the 2007 Felghana leak and thus is likely someone that celebrated when learning X.X.XSEED cheated me!

But anyway, I was led to this thread from SkyeWelse's Twitter account (somebody here keeps taking screenshots to heckle Zero) and in seeing your post, I did wanna correct the story a bit for accuracy's sake besides answering some of the trolls that showed up to heckle/bully you and libel me on the side (There's always room in any thread to shoehorn some good NightWolve-trashing!).

So, first things first, I don't really use the word "stealing" to explain this - I refer to it as a "criminal sneak/cheat operation" and it went like this: Jeff Nussbaum was secretly contacted in April 2010 to export the translated script of "Ys: The Oath in Felghana" that was sitting on his PC in my translation software (Translation Station) for 3 years (at that point) thanks to our paperless partnership/collaboration for the English fan patch. They also snagged Ys I & II at the same time, although I didn't learn that until the next year!

So, he and XSEED criminally exploited our fan partnership that left him with extracted scripts, translation software, and all the tech info he got from my work hours (DDS images, BMP rebuilds for Ys I&II, etc.), leading to the production of the translation with his additional work hours! No big deal according to them and all their disgusting, bigoted shills!!

Their "plan" was to say that since they eliminated my editing work hours on the English text by having him port the rough draft copies on his PC (since my PC had all the context fixes we did together), they somehow cheated me "fair and square" as the goal here was to avoid me at all costs since Thomas Lipschultz, the criminal chief inside of XSEED, presented me as an embarrassment to his boss Ken Berry when he pitched the idea to him to acquire the pre-existing fan translations our team had produced, so that's why things transpired with my intentional cheating (simply pretending I wasn't there and irrelevant)...

There's nothing else that you need to understand, all the post-rationalization, illegal this, or that, no need for this or that, Falcom owns this, so 100% for DeuceBag, 0% for NightWolve (I hate the guy, so yeah, 0% sounds JUST RIGHT!), etc. That's all an ignorant distraction. It was ALL about how Lipschultz presented me to his boss and co-workers.

Lipschultz told me he told them about the Felghana leak, 3.5 years in the past, how I handled it, how he started a feud with me with Ys Origin (he mentioned that) and sent them to my website knowing they'd see a photo of my middle finger... (Sure, if I had a warning I would've deleted it, but with how Lipschultz hated me at the time, and constructing his "first impression" to them, nothing would've helped...) Conversely, nothing embarrassing was presented about DeuceBag, like say, I dunno, his cock-flashing on the NeoGeo forums... He was just "Deuce, hard-worker from the forums with good translations."

That "balanced" presentation about us "sealed the deal" and Lipschultz got exactly what he wanted, after all, he accomplished the same thing before being hired by the company by getting DeuceBag to secretly double-cross me and redirect the Ys Origin translated results to his Italian programmer and not tell me anything till the patch was finished and released (DeuceBag tricked me into providing a script/image extraction). Essentially, what Lipschultz accomplished before being hired by XSEED, he did again with his new company, bringing his grudge along and using it in a divisive, criminal fashion this time (as I maintain)!

So, they did these 3 scripts quickly, no transparency, no debate, (no need, NightWolve sucks!) and by the time I found anything out, DeuceBag was already cashing XSEED's check! I decided to see when he'd ever explain himself, so I said nothing and to my surprise months turned to 3 years of him just hiding out, just sitting there playing stupid... When he came out of hiding, it was only to threaten me with a libel lawsuit in order to intimidate me into deleting all references to him on my website the free speechy kind of guy that he is.

Fast forward to now, he completely denies wrongdoing, if that isn't demented enough! There's a twisted, reality distortion field he's been operating under all these years which REALLY blows me away, I have to say! He's REALLY MUCH WORSE than Lipschultz, and I thought he was the main criminal culprit for a very long time!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/boycottxseed/posts/496140430505456

In list form:

1) DeuceBag commercially profited from my free fan IT work hours (AKA exploitation) in script/image extraction/preparation for 4 scripts (Ys I&II, Felghana and Ys Origin). He happily pocketed 100% credit, 100% profit, and conveniently disappeared for 3 years thereafter forgetting any of my contact info (the cat captured his tongue)! Yes.

(Keep in the mind the gravity of the situation. This was the first videogame translation that an unlicensed fan team produced that was commercialized! This is the disgusting precedent/history they all chose to set, the programmer gets ignored! This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the legendary Ys series and DeuceBag essentially stole all the honor, recognition for himself and never batted an eye in the slightest bit!! You bet your butt I'm angry as hell to the point where I even spoke to lawyers about my options! But it's all about the money when it comes to the pursuit of justice and other obvious difficulties here...)

2) DeuceBag technically violated my IP Rights on my custom, legal Translation Station software. Yes.

(Under the Berne Convention, unique software, writings, music, etc. is entitled to automatic copy protection and all the IP Rights associated with it such as licensing for commercial use or otherwise such as free for student or fan use...

I never verbally or in writing gave a license to DeuceBag to use my software one last time for commercial purposes for a commercial entity such as XSEED, so technically, on paper, he/they violated the law! I would've been a FOOL to do that! BUT BOOM, HE JUST DID IT QUICK! GOT AWAY WITH IT!!

Defending yourself is only as good as if you can hire a lawyer and in this situation, he theoretically could block legal recourse by noting the lack of licensing when we performed the translation work...
)

3) Lipschultz presented me as an embarrassment to his boss Ken Berry, and achieved exactly what he wanted in how to handle these shameful script acquisition deals! Yes.

You don't believe that ? Uh OK, suit yourself... You don't know him, or our past then.

4) DeuceBag is the only criminal here, XSEED should be absolved of any sins... You are WRONG to focus any attacks on XSEED! Uh, NO!

The only way I'd ever buy that notion is if XSEED didn't know who I was and was ignorant of the working fan partnership they were trying to exploit (which they did!) for cheap and fast ready-to-go translated results! And even then, I made them fully aware in the summer of 2012 when I called Ken Berry to correct this. He sounded like he would cooperate and properly credit me at first, but he ultimately chose defiance, thus I too choose defiance!

We all, despite mutual hate, can agree that if Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum extracted the scripts himself, made his own software, dealt with image issues his own way, was his own IT staff in addition to being a language translation staff, then it would be NONE OF MY BUSINESS, right ??

If EVERYTHING was 100% his work hours to produce the translated results that he was holding in his disgusting, criminal hands at the time, then NOT MY BUSINESS, he would be in the moral/legal/ethical right to speak for himself and only for himself after being contacted! But, in this case, given what Lipschultz did in the presentation of our fan partnership, presenting me as "persona non grata," he was ordered/requested to hide the situation from me by XSEED as it took place!

Lipschultz knew exactly how these translated results were produced. He was once a friend before going rogue and wanting to be my nemesis having translated the Felghana Manual images and the script for Ys Typing Tutor.

In his state of mind, right before he left to work for XSEED and immediately pitch the idea, our feud had started up again because he was breaking this "nerd truce" he had me under which I honored and kept me silent of any public drama for ~2 years at the time. I told him to LEAVE ME ALONE, to stop attacking me behind my back, to f--k off! He told me that our "truce" never meant exactly that, and that he would talk about me wherever and whenever he wanted to!

This "nerd truce" is when he organized a double-cross with DeuceBag that I mentioned before he ever dreamed of working for XSEED. I felt he broke it right before he was going to work there and so nasty emails were exchanged where he eventually threatened that he reported me to the FBI Crime Center and to my ISP. So you get the idea...

The genesis of why I come after him, DeuceBag and XSEED hard is partly because I gave them 4 years of silence counting those 2 years with that joke of a truce... He's never going to ever again have leverage against me to shut me up! I asked him to leave me alone, I once wanted to just quit and avoid all this sort of thing, but he wouldn't and I would learn years later as to why! He shouldn't have touched those fan translations given our past and if meant acquiring them in a criminal, divisive way (which he no doubt cackled about for a while), they should've hired Daniel Prescott from the start, translated from scratch!

Anyhow, it took long enough to gain the courage (years) to get here and I don't give a shit anymore! They are the only ones that have something to lose now... Credibility, honesty, respect, trust, etc.! They wanted to "teach me a lesson" - OK, I understand the genesis of it all, but goes around comes around... Any relentlessness is something they taught me, the omgfailures and the rest of the bigot brigade that could just never f--k off. One thing I learned that bigots understand besides the enemy is always wrong, is tit-for-tat.

You know, I wonder if one can ever attempt at making a case of reason if they choose to give people consistently mocking, berating names as they whine and whine to make their case. Youtube comments don't even dig that low. Pretty sad to see that Ys Oath guy still bitter as the world moves on. One should pick battles and not play an egoic game in their mind; it only looks absurd to outsiders. Very astutely it appears the man holds grudges for eternity. It's a "worlds collide" kind of feeling to see that fringe-esque drama hijack this thread. I guess niche Falcom shit brings out the fringe crazies. :P

I see, so he's whining about entertainment rewrites like Deuce to "DeuceBag" (ZOMG!! HORRIBLE, BAN THIS NIGHTWOLVE GUY!!!) for kicks, which he ridiculously claims is "lower" than Youtube comments (For real? Are we using the same Youtube?? Hah! Talk about devoid of reality!) but it's super cool to call people "fringe crazies..." Gotcha!

Of course this isn't limited to, but include the shenanigans of people like NightWolve, Deuce, Flame and Zero. But hey, if they end up finishing a project, that's great. Just don't expect people to be very fond of your work unless you put effort in it.

HEY, HEY, look who's here, my old cross-forum troll buddy! What's that, a lecture about shenanigans from the likes of you ? That's cute!

BTW, I can't believe you actually listed DeuceBag there, hard to believe any kind of progress could be made for my attack dogs to admit some kind of wrongdoing on his part. I almost can't believe my eyes, honestly! But if the strategy is about just letting him be the fall guy, take all the blame, and absolve XSEED as some innocent bystander, it's dishonest!

Last edited by NightWolve,

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
HEY, HEY, look who's here, my old cross-forum troll buddy! What's that, a lecture about shenanigans from the likes of you ? Hah! That's cute!

BTW, I can't believe you actually listed DeuceBag there, hard to believe any kind of progress could be made for my attack dogs to admit some kind of wrongdoing on his part. I almost can't believe my eyes, honestly! But if the strategy is about just letting him be the fall guy, take all the blame, and absolve XSEED as some innocent bystander, it's dishonest!

Credit where credit is due. I'm leaving the XSEED fiasco out of this. I can judge better if I do.

Jesus Christ, you people are insufferable. Go away. Nobody wants you here. Go and make your own translations if you're going to complain about these. Better of without it? Give me a fucking break. I'm out of here. Peace.

Grow up. Worthless fan efforts amount to nothing but disservice to the fans. As long as their work is wildly known, it's fair game to offer opinions on the matter. You certainly can't blame fans who've known and played these games, completely understanding and getting sucked in them for at least a decade to fear that new fans will be treated to whatever is going on in this thread. The Kiseki series is a serious one. It needs time and dedication to get into, where literally half the script is stuff that needs consideration from several other titles to work. When you can't even form a complete sentence in English, yet show off your work, you don't deserve praise, really.
While yes, XSEED also managed to fuck up with the FC PSP Translation (but really, that's because they thought Deuce would do the job properly, being in a rush), they owned up to it and fixed the script in the PC release. But even then, most of the FC PSP translation was good and even the bad parts were believable, so...

Last edited by Truner,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson