Legit DLCs stopped working, need assistance.

Lord_Sacras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Greetings.
I'm having recently occured problem of my "The Force Unleashed 2" DLCs not showing in-game anymore.
Both game and dlc are EU region (BLES00893), worked fine after purchase and installation 5 years ago.
Now I'm on HEN, playing offline.
Neither Endor mission or costumes show in-game, as if they were never installed. DLC files are present, as well as .rif's in exdata. I'm seriously at a loss here. Tried booting up from both disc and multiman with HEN off and on respectively..

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Use PSIdle on your PC to redownload the DLC and the license file and then reinstall them. Maybe that would fix the issue.

Lord_Sacras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No idps change? Same act.dat?
Only once I even looked into these - during installation of hen.
Otherwise, can't imagine what could have possibly changed these files.
Post automatically merged:

Update:
Tried reinstalling one of dlc using pkg's that were sitting in vsh/ just in case like this (official downloads). There was no .rap file however, so now the game says that downloadable content is corrupt. After "finding" .rap, everything works, BUT only with HEN ON.
My goal is to make dlc work legit again, with HEN OFF.
Using pc and PSdle is not an option - browser keeps redirecting, not letting me into their stinky network. No redownloading for me.
All I have now are:
- Game physical copy (EU)
- Backed up pkg's (EU)
- Legit .rif's (generated after first install back in 2018), which I also backed up
- BLES00893 folder backup.
- act.dat (from US account, which is my main, no act.dat in eu user exdata)
- idps.hex

Where do I go from here?

Last edited by Lord_Sacras,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only once I even looked into these - during installation of hen.
Otherwise, can't imagine what could have possibly changed these files.
Post automatically merged:

Update:
Tried reinstalling one of dlc using pkg's that were sitting in vsh/ just in case like this (official downloads). There was no .rap file however, so now the game says that downloadable content is corrupt. After "finding" .rap, everything works, BUT only with HEN ON.
My goal is to make dlc work legit again, with HEN OFF.
Using pc and PSdle is not an option - browser keeps redirecting, not letting me into their stinky network. No redownloading for me.
All I have now are:
- Game physical copy (EU)
- Backed up pkg's (EU)
- Legit .rif's (generated after first install back in 2018), which I also backed up
- BLES00893 folder backup.
- act.dat (from US account, which is my main, no act.dat in eu user exdata)
- idps.hex

Where do I go from here?
I don't think that's possible. We don't have the private key to make a legit rif. If we did, hen and cfw would be unnecessary. You need to sign in.

Lord_Sacras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think that's possible. We don't have the private key to make a legit rif. If we did, hen and cfw would be unnecessary. You need to sign in.

When or if I'll sign in, either through pc or on ps3 (heared that 4.90 breaks BR Drive, so I'll stay on my current fw), and again able to redownload these 2 dlc, where should I look for .rap? Pkg is in hdd/vsh/something packages, but where do I look for my own .rap?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to create a rap from a rif using the act.dat and idps. however, this will not work. you can't convert it back for the reason I mentioned afaik. they'll be in dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata where x is the user id. each user will have a separate number.

Lord_Sacras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you have to create a rap from a rif using the act.dat and idps. however, this will not work. you can't convert it back for the reason I mentioned afaik. they'll be in dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata where x is the user id. each user will have a separate number.
And since I have .rif backed up, does it mean I'll still be able to create .rap that will function with hen off?
Also, does it matter which account's act.dat is used in the process, and can I have two act.dat's, one in each user folder?

Last edited by Lord_Sacras,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1