Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So if we can edit this data (my understanding is that we can?)
Does that mean you could change things like the default furniture of a villager or their personality? If that's the case, would it totally break the game or could you feasibly change their default furniture without a problem?
Also, I think that villager dialogue isn't unique to any villager, just whatever their personality is, so if you changed their personality would it also change their dialogue to fit whatever personality you write in?

I don't have the means to test this for myself so I'm not really sure how it works or if it even CAN work, but would it?

Doogie Boogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if we can edit this data (my understanding is that we can?)
Does that mean you could change things like the default furniture of a villager or their personality? If that's the case, would it totally break the game or could you feasibly change their default furniture without a problem?
Also, I think that villager dialogue isn't unique to any villager, just whatever their personality is, so if you changed their personality would it also change their dialogue to fit whatever personality you write in?

I don't have the means to test this for myself so I'm not really sure how it works or if it even CAN work, but would it?
wefl;ouwefh.png

Yes you can

Doogie Boogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay. That was my assumption.
I would say if you want to try it, just try it and back up your save. You should always make a back up when experimenting with hacks anyway. There are tons of villagers in this game and changing their attributes leads to hundreds of combinations. No one has tried them all. So just mess with the values and see what you get. I'm sure the reverse engineering thread would be interested in hearing about it. That's my opinion on it anyway.

Reactions: Seliph

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I would say if you want to try it, just try it and back up your save. You should always make a back up when experimenting with hacks anyway. There are tons of villagers in this game and changing their attributes leads to hundreds of combinations. No one has tried them all. So just mess with the values and see what you get. I'm sure the reverse engineering thread would be interested in hearing about it. That's my opinion on it anyway.
Yeah, I'd love to try it but I'm waiting a while before I hack my Switch, though it certainly seems interesting to try this.

GreenEggAndSAM2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the second method seems much more time consuming and I have Edizon so I’ll be going with the first option. Is there a blank villager file I can download somewhere to inject to one of my current villager slots? I saw the Edizon thing and the code creator for the villager but I don’t know where to get a blank file to get one of mine out. Thank you so very much for the information by the way!!
Does anyone know where to find the codes for the villagers? I can't seem to find them anywhere :(

notthebest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the tool to change two of my villagers manually, but every time I talk to them their dialogue is blank. Anybody else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Maccu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here I have Blanche, Leopold, Pierce, and Tucker. (not sure if any of them have been posted yet) I may have changed their catchphrases at some point so keep that in mind. None of these villagers were obtained before my campsite was completed.

And if anyone is taking requests, I'd love to have a Wolfgang villager dump.

Attachments

• ACNH Villager Dump.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 218

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...