Gaming Legit zelda disc FORCES an update.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. I'm having some trouble getting a legit copy of SS (just got it from GameStop this morning!) to run on my softmodded Wii.

I currently have a v4.2U system menu, Homebrew menu, a Priiloader that doesn't seem to have menu hacks, and some burned disc loaders. (I can play burned Wii and GC games perfectly, but gives me an error code #0002 or something like that)

It also seems that I can't even update my system menu, it keeps giving me an error that it can't update. :/ In case any of you can help with that, it says,
"Error Code: 32004
An error has occurred. Unable to perform the Wii system update. Visit support.nintendo for assistance."
Internet is working and everything, but I can't even do that.

I also do not want to use a USB loader (I don't have a USB stick that has enough GB on it!). I would greatly prefer to play the game off of the legit disc. Are there WADS or IOSes that I can install to bypass the system update problems?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.
Install IOS56 from ModMii.

phrozen087

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I'll confirm what a few other people said. I softmodded my Wii to play an import of Xenoblade so I have been using that with CFG loader for a few weeks now. My system is on the 4.3U update. So I inserted a new legit copy of Skyward Sword and it asks me to do a system update. I decided to agree after looking through this thread and it took about 30 seconds to update and then rebooted. It looks like it added 2 new menu channels, but I think that is about it. The homebrew channel and everything was still there. So I loaded up the homebrew channel, launched CFG launcher and loaded a save of Xenoblade and played a couple of minutes.

So I think the "Update" on the disc is just adding some new menu channels. It didn't seem to affect anything and my Wii is definitely still softmodded and can play Xenoblade. I was a bit nervous at first, but I think its safe to update.

mjlahey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have the North American legit Zelda, and I have firmware 4.3U. It's asking to update but I'm super nervous about losing my HBC. I've been playing using an ISO with usb loader, but I want to be able to run the disc as well.

I know a few people have said they haven't had a problem, has anyone else done the update and kept their HBC? I just want to be 100% sure before I do it.....

Also, my saves from the ISO should work with the disc, right?

Blues376

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me in the right direction I'm on 4.1U and I've tried most of what was going on blocking the update, but problem is the game won't run after I create a file well it got far when I ran it on Gecko however it only got barely gave me a cut scene and said that I get the disc error. I've tried pimp my wii to make sure anything wasn't out of date. So any suggestions?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the North American legit Zelda, and I have firmware 4.3U. It's asking to update but I'm super nervous about losing my HBC. I've been playing using an ISO with usb loader, but I want to be able to run the disc as well.

I know a few people have said they haven't had a problem, has anyone else done the update and kept their HBC? I just want to be 100% sure before I do it.....

Also, my saves from the ISO should work with the disc, right?

Do you have Priiloader installed? Block all required online and disc updates. Voila! No more nagware from Nintendo!

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is always a big misunderstanding of these updates. If there is anything (system menu, channel, IOS, etc.) in the update partition with a newer version number than what is on your Wii it will tell you a system update is needed. For example: you may already be at 4.3 but if you have a cIOS with a lower version number than the real IOS or stub IOS in the update partition it will want to overwrite it. Depending on what cIOS you have installed in which IOS slot you could lose some of your functionality if you update. If you don't know what you have installed then either block updates or strip the update partition.

Want to run a retail disk that prompts for updates? Take the time to use your favorite tool to see what you have installed on your Wii and compare that with what is in the update partition and decide on how you want to proceed.

Regardless, I've never seen an automatic update on the Wii like the OP described and doubt I ever will.

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Used the modmii guide from August w/ all the instructions (install priiloader/ios's etc)
Was never prompted to update at all. Playing the game from the disk as well starting it from the system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1