Lenovo Legion Go handheld gaming PC specs, pricing and promotional trailer leaked

lenovo legion go.jpg

After leaking the existence of Lenovo's own handheld gaming PC, online outlet Windows Report has followed up with new information in another report. In it, the website cites that an official document it reviewed revealed that the device, named the Lenovo Legion Go, will officially be unveiled on September 1st, and will go on sale for €799/$799 in October. It will sport a large, 8.8” QHD+ (2560 x 1600) screen, fast charging, a processor of "up to" AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme with AMD RDNA Graphics, up to 1TB NVMe storage, and will run on Windows 11. In addition to detachable controllers, the Legion Go will also be compatible with the Lenovo Legion Glasses AR glasses. More details can be found in the screenshot below obtained from the report:

lego.jpg

Some of these specs details were further corroborated by a separate leak by Twitter user @evleaks who shared a promotional trailer of the product:

While unofficial news, the trailer at the very least looks like what Lenovo might unveil on September 1, and if that's the case, we won't have to wait for long before the news is confirmed. What do you think of the Lenovo Legion Go handheld from these leaks?

:arrow: SOURCE

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The screen is nice but like… what’s going to be able to utilise it outside of maybe emulation? QHD just doesn’t seem necessary. Still, it’s decently priced for what it offers. Will be interesting to see if it catches on.

Reactions: ganons and KiiWii

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well screen will eat up battery therefore no real reason to put it over, also gpu wont be able to match screen specs on gaming decently so NO No no

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I keep hoping at least one of these things would use Nintendo's button layout instead of Xbox's, but...that hasn't happened yet. A real shame, as I'd have muscle-memory issues with the more-popular layout.

I'd consider opening up the controllers and swapping the button caps around, and then remapping the buttons in software, but I don't know if either of these are possible (or if the opening-up would be destructive or not).

Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1600p 144hz... on a handheld :/
I will say high refresh rate has its merits, especially if the panel has VRR. Some less demanding games really do appreciate the extra frames, and VRR can smoothen the experience further for those that almost maintain good numbers.

The 1600p is one of those things that’s nice on paper, but it just feels like more people would’ve been happy with a 1080p panel at a lower price point.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah they just hate W11 just like people used to hate W10. A never ending cycle.
ok now i see...
When Win7 was released, everyone said they would keep WinXP (Vista was crap)
When Win10 was released, everyone said they would keep Win7 (Win8 was crap)
So, why am i not surprised?

BTW, same thing happened with The Sims franchise
When TS3 was released, everyone said it was crap and TS2 was so much better
When TS4 was released, everyone said it was crap and TS3 was so much better

I mean, I understand nostalgia, but come on :rofl2:

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I keep hoping at least one of these things would use Nintendo's button layout instead of Xbox's, but...that hasn't happened yet. A real shame, as I'd have muscle-memory issues with the more-popular layout.

Nintendo's mapping is my personnal nightmare fuel.

The WiiU Gamepad is wonderful, so I daily use it on my Steam Deck.
Dang, SteamOS gives the option 'nintendo mapping' but it f***s up everything, closing games unexpectedly or validating wrong stuff all the time. I must face it, my tiny brain just can't handle it.

Just imagine playing Budokai tenkaichi 3 on dolphin with this controller, hard mode of course, and some fast QTE pops up in the middle of a battle...Aaaaand you're wrecked.

While I LOVE the WiiU gamepad, I'm looking for a 360 receiver, so finally all children will go wireless on daddy's splitscreen.
Post automatically merged:

ok now i see...

In my heart, nothing beats launching a game with MS-DOS or latest AAA with W98 (XP demanded way too much RAM for my tiny P2 Celeron).

Even W95 was running nicely on Switch, with lags and 16 colors.
Priceless.

But PC gamers still using doz in 2023 ?
Come on, I call it Stockholm syndrome.:P

Last edited by CharlesDeGaulle,
Reactions: Noctosphere

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A competitor for the Rog Ally for the most scaled up portable PC with gamepads included.
They are enticing, but I'd like to know how they are with regards to noise and warmness.
I was almost willing to get an Ally. I was surprised at how tiny the box is.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok now i see...

BTW, same thing happened with The Sims franchise
When TS3 was released, everyone said it was crap and TS2 was so much better
When TS4 was released, everyone said it was crap and TS3 was so much better

Just for you, here is one of the BEST game ever made for MS-DOS.
Please, be my guest and have a taste of what is pure dopamine injection through keyboard.

https://www.playdosgames.com/online/quadnet/

I generally aim for 200k as a starter.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nah they just hate W11 just like people used to hate W10. A never ending cycle.
you couldn't be anymore wrong let me clarify
  1. first of all the fucking thing nannys the fuck out of you. it wont even let you install NON mic apps or programs until you disable a ton of hidden shit and settings. and worse of all every time you update they are back on!
  2. the useless thing was designed for tablet and touch screen laptops so you your stuck with that shitty tablet interface and unable to change it
  3. it's been proven that unless you have the newest shiniest computer or the latest upgrades w11 has lots of problems with older hardware especially the games
my sister got me to install it on her laptop it was a fucking nightmare i literally had to google to figure out how to disable all that nanny BS so i could install her NON microsoft graphic programs on it properly! told her to stick w11 up her ass afterwards.

and if you don't believe me go have a good READ

rule number one when it comes to windows you always ALWAYS SKIP the next version

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Immortallix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup