Hacking Discussion Let the bannings begin

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't talking about (nor have any interest in) Splatoon, I was talking about the switch in a wider sense.

If there becomes a convenient way to acquire DLC and Updates, I Honestly wouldn't care about online.

It will never be as convenient as it doing it on it's own through legitimate CDN querries. This is a price you pay.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Nintendo outright stop people using homebrew from buying digital games? Weird. I meant I prefer buying hard copies since they have a better chance of going on sale and have some resale value if I ever to sell the console. I want homebrew and back up loader to back up the games into digital copy on memory card so I can have more games on the system when travel without bringing all the cartridges. Basically Nintendo just say to people to pirate the shite out of it now?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is being dumb. They shouldn't ban people, yet! If they were smart, they would let people go, let them download games via CDN, get a huge log. Lure people into a false sense of security, allow them to buy the 20 dollar online service, and then a few days after releasing Pokemon, BAM! Ban everyone who used CDN, cfw, etc! They would get a shit ton more people this way.

It's sort of how Direc TV banned a bunch of pirates, during the Super Bowl, just as a middle finger. https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=98990&page=1

Reactions: TAUSENN

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is being dumb. They shouldn't ban people, yet! If they were smart, they would let people go, let them download games via CDN, get a huge log. Lure people into a false sense of security, allow them to buy the 20 dollar online service, and then a few days after releasing Pokemon, BAM! Ban everyone who used CDN, cfw, etc! They would get a shit ton more people this way.

It's sort of how Direc TV banned a bunch of pirates, during the Super Bowl, just as a middle finger. https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=98990&page=1

Who says they won't also do this? People are dumb enough to touch the CDN after multiple warnings already.

Reactions: TAUSENN

Pook and Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, man. All I'm interested in is using save editors for Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade, etc., but I guess I won't do that if it risks my system being banned.

... Would using save editors risk a ban, or do we not have enough information yet to determine that one way or another?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, man. All I'm interested in is using save editors for Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade, etc., but I guess I won't do that if it risks my system being banned.

... Would using save editors risk a ban, or do we not have enough information yet to determine that one way or another?

For most games probably not. Splatoon or games like it populate server-side user info, so probably not nearly as safe.

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This story has spread to other outlets, and all the troglodytes are coming out of the woodwork praising Nintendo for banning "cheaters". It's made me realize what a niche homebrew is, because the rest of the world is woefully ignorant on the subject.
Except people cheating in online games does ruin it for the rest, and banning people stupid enough to do highly detectable stuff (like downloading random games from the cdn to test) from their online games is not down to ignorance, do you want them to phone you personally to ask if you are planning on cheating or are you just pirating?
Apparently they also banned some people who used modified saves of splatoon 2 (cheating), that is a perfectly good reason for a ban, and those troglodytes have a right to praise it (but remain troglodytes because the article itself refered to cdn caused bans).

Last edited by TAUSENN,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Except people cheating in online games does ruin it for the rest, and banning people stupid enough to do highly detectable stuff (like downloading random games from the cdn to test) from their online games is not down to ignorance, do you want them to phone you personally to ask if you are planning on cheating or are you just pirating?
Apparently they also banned some people who used modified saves of splatoon 2 (cheating), that is a perfectly good reason for a ban, and those troglodytes have a right to praise it (but remain troglodytes because the article itself refered to cdn caused bans).
I wholeheartedly stand for banning cheaters. Gaining an unfair leverage over others because you suck is reprehensible. However, the article isn't about cheaters, and people seem to think "hacker" = "cheater".

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wholeheartedly stand for banning cheaters. Gaining an unfair leverage over others because you suck is reprehensible. However, the article isn't about cheaters, and people seem to think "hacker" = "cheater".
They also associate hackers with piracy as if we're all trying to download games illegally without supporting the developers.

realjumy

Woooosh!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More updates regarding this issue:

Shiny Quagsire‏ @ShinyQuagsire
Banning status update, another unit in our circle banned, this one didn't touch hbl but its cert messed with CDN so it probably isn't libnx errors, I guess we'll know if those end up causing bans or not at some point.

Shiny Quagsire‏ @ShinyQuagsire 9h9 hours ago
I'm a little confused about this though, my console wasn't banned on May 8 and between then and Saturday it got banned? So if it *was* CDN it would have been retroactive, I was too busy with school during that time. Could just be one of many triggers though, hard to know really.​

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More updates regarding this issue:

Shiny Quagsire‏ @ShinyQuagsire
Banning status update, another unit in our circle banned, this one didn't touch hbl but its cert messed with CDN so it probably isn't libnx errors, I guess we'll know if those end up causing bans or not at some point.

Shiny Quagsire‏ @ShinyQuagsire 9h9 hours ago
I'm a little confused about this though, my console wasn't banned on May 8 and between then and Saturday it got banned? So if it *was* CDN it would have been retroactive, I was too busy with school during that time. Could just be one of many triggers though, hard to know really.​
Can you add it to your starting post?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Couldn't we use the bannings to our advantage?

Something like injecting necessary credentials from a banned console into SysNAND for when we are going to run homebrew?

So EmuNAND would have our original(unbanned) credentials and SysNAND would boot with banned credentials.

Not sure if it could work this way but I had this idea the other night and have been wondering if something like this would be possible to protect our consoles.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Rulesless

Trophies
Website
letraduzionidirulesless.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Italy
I have one account from psngames on my switch and i didn’t got any problem.
The accounts are not compromised btw.
I'm get banned (PSNGAMES account -ONLY PSNGAMES account- and console) in the 26th october banwawe for a game buyed a few weeks before.

(A few hours later, I've downloaded and installed tens of not needed NSPs in protest with active connection! :rofl2::evil::rofl2:
I had never used Nintendo Switch exploits for piracy until then and just the day before I had bought a title from eShop! :angry:!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?